PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Odor

custrug
10-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I just bought a 2001 22Zx and have a strong fuel odor when I uncover cockpit.
Have checked fuel line clamps . I see the vent line . There is no visible thru-hull fuel vent. At the risk of appearing stupid, does any one know where it is ?

brwn234
10-06-2007, 02:43 PM
My '00 had the same problem. I posted about right after I bought it but was never able to find a vent. When I bought mine it was in the spring and the boat had not been used since the summer before. It was just covered on the trailer. Since I've been using it this summer the odor has become less noticable. Has it been covered for a long time? If you do find a real leak or vent problem let me know.

custrug
10-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the reply-
I just bought the boat the week before last and did not notice the odor until I filled it with gas last Saturday. It has been in my warehouse with the cockpit cover on since then. Each time I open the cover there is a definite gas smell.
I think I will give Donzi a call on Monday and see if I can get them to explain where the vent is. I will post the answer if they cooperate.

oldandtired
10-06-2007, 06:43 PM
The vent line on my '98 is built into the fuel filler. As far as the odor goes, mine has never had that problem. Unfortunately, that kind of problem can be difficult to find and can be anything from a hose to the fuel tank.

Rene