PDA

View Full Version : Doral 24 - any info - appreciated

Pogyhouse
10-06-2007, 01:14 AM
I am looking at a Doral 24 hull that originally came with two outboard motors. It appears to have been built in the mid 70's and has a unique windshield arrangement that looks like Donzi only made for a couple of years. It is a cudy with a head up front. This hull appears to have been stolen and stripped. It also looks like It has stringers for inboard, and I am considering buying it and putting a 350 Chevy with a Mercruiser 260 outdrive that I have prepped to go into a different boat. Any knowledge about the Doral would be appreciated.

Jeff:confused:

Lenny
10-06-2007, 10:30 AM
You might want to put 2 350's in it. A (now unheard from ) Board member bought one about five years ago and might be interested in selling it which would save you a WHOLE LOT of trouble. :yes:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24332&highlight=Doral

Try to PM him. His name is Richard Verlaque and lives in NYC (Tuxedo Park) or at least did.

:)

Sweet little 16
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM
the 24 hulls are very heavy and ride very well but take a ton of power to get moving fast the doral ,spirit , el pescador and spitfire are all the same hull just different tops I have seen one spitfire with twin 375 hp sbc power and volvo speedmasters only get a click over 63 mph but it could barrel over anything thrown at it