PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX questions

sdonzi16
10-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Looking for some help? I am looking to step up to a 22zx from a 16 classic. I need a boat that will have more room for the family. I currently do a lot of water skiing so I hope the ZX will work. I think I also want a big block for the obvious reasons, but what is the difference with the stepped hull, and is it worth it?

Boiler
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I just bought my first 22zx in August, a 97' with a 454 Mag. Been great so far, this one was neglected for a few years but it's coming around nicely. Drives nice, handles a slight chop real well. Mine doesn't have a ski eye on it, I don't know if others do. I've got some big plans for mine this winter, godd luck with your shopping.

LKSD
10-05-2007, 12:38 PM
The non steps are still a good hull, However the step bottoms are a real nice ride.. They also are usually a little quicker with the same power.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Last Tango
10-05-2007, 01:14 PM
You may find this thread particlularly helpfu:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

If you wade through it all, you will find many 22ZX owners have contributed their experiences to it.
Read post #138 which is an article from Waterski Magazine which is specifically a review of the boat for wasterskiing purposes.
Many happy 22ZX ownwers on this board.
Big block is absolutely not necessary for water tow sports.