PDA

View Full Version : guage lights on Minx

margo
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Just purshased new fiara guages for the minx on the new ones the light hook up is a 1/4 inch male spade which requires no ground on the old ones there are two wires on two female spades going to two male spades on the bulb socket Anyone know how to hook it up...You there Carter i know you,ve been through this

gcarter
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Er Uhhhh........I used Gaffrig gauges.
But I think the bulb grounds internally and the ground would go on one of the mounting studs using an "eyelet" end.

VetteLT193
10-04-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm pretty sure gcarter is correct. You have to wire the + side of the light switch to the light connection on the gauge, then hook up the ground to gauge's main ground.

I think the other way to do it is to just run the + side of the switch to the gauge, and use a common ground for the light switch and regular ground. That method cuts down on wires. Depending on how Donzi wires it, (I have to look) you may be able to cut out that 2nd wire the way it is now. If it were me, I'd test it without the 2nd ground from the switch and see if it works.

Post pics when you are done. I'm looking for new gauges for my Minx too.

margo
10-04-2007, 09:42 AM
When i,m done i,ll post some pics...Waiting on some angled bezels which will olso be fun to install ..Will have to make the holes bigger to angle the guage also trim the bracket that holds them in place Right now it looks like a bomb went off wires everywhere...Joe