PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades and some bling for my 22ZX

Donzi LG
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Well now that the boating season is winding down for the northern folks, I thought I'd share some photos of some upgrades and bling items that were added to my ZX this year. The most significant was the addition of an EMI Thunder exhaust system. Included is a before and after pic. I had the manifolds powdercoated to match the color scheme and the ss risers look sweet. I lost quite a bit of wieght from the engine with this system and it sounds beautiful. Next, I upgraded to Livorsi Waterproof series gauges and GPS speedometer with Livorsi slimline bezels with purple/yellow combo to compliment the boat graphics. This summer I had a new carpet made by Custom Marine Carpet and had the ZX logo and "Twenty Two" lettering inlaid in yellow. They did a nice job and it is top quality. I also replaced the speakers and went with new covers from Xtreme Audio Covers. These are nice as the checkered flag pattern matches the Reflections graphic package on the boat. It definitely was the year of add-ons. It's hard to think about putting her away for the winter!
John

Donzi LG
10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Here's a couple of pics of the last of the items, these will be installed in the spring. Teague billet drive resevoir tank and trim pump tank. These are beautiful items, top quality stuff. I think I'll have to have a bracket made for the drive res tank to keep it mounted in front of the engine. Finally the item I've been waiting for, a dual lever billet shifter from Dana Marine. I am so psyched to have this installed, it should look awesome and perform better than the present shifter with a smoother feel. I've never been crazy about the ergonomics of the stock shifter. It should also give the boat a real "offshore" appearance.

The Hedgehog
10-03-2007, 05:57 AM
You did an absolutely beautiful job. Very trick. 1. Did those speaker covers come with the yellow accents. 2. Is that a stock color for the custom cowling and did you put on the MX 6.2 lettering yourself? 3. Did you see any performance benefit from the EMI's

I think that it is very cool that you did such a nice job with that small block. You nailed some of the touches I was planning on my 383 mag!

VetteLT193
10-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Looks awesome!!

Are you selling the original Livorsi II's? I've been looking for a set... I lost a bid on eBay about a week ago because I got hung up and missed the end of bidding.

MOP
10-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Very nice!

Mudball
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I LOVE IT!!!

Likely the most bling of any 22zx anywhere!!!

Best,
Kent

Donzi LG
10-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it!

Donzi LG
10-03-2007, 01:00 PM
You did an absolutely beautiful job. Very trick. 1. Did those speaker covers come with the yellow accents. 2. Is that a stock color for the custom cowling and did you put on the MX 6.2 lettering yourself? 3. Did you see any performance benefit from the EMI's
I think that it is very cool that you did such a nice job with that small block. You nailed some of the touches I was planning on my 383 mag!

Thanks dude! I purchased the speaker screens also from Xtreme Audio and they fit perfectly in the billet covers. They come only in black but I painted mine yellow. I used aluminum silicone to attach them to the covers. No additional drilling is required for these covers, they'll work with the existing screw holes. I actually had also purchased a matching billet stereo cover too, but the current stereo cutout is too big for it so I had to sell it.

The cowling cover is stock purple color from F&M. I ordered the lettering from Graphics Online and applied myself.

I still haven't run the new exhaust at high rpms for any length of time but it seems to get slightly better fuel economy and sounds baaad!! I couldn't believe how nice it looked when fully installed. I imagine I picked up a couple of HP but not sure on the RPMs yet.

Thanks again for the compliments!!

John

The Hedgehog
10-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks dude! I purchased the speaker screens also from Xtreme Audio and they fit perfectly in the billet covers. They come only in black but I painted mine yellow. I used aluminum silicone to attach them to the covers. No additional drilling is required for these covers, they'll work with the existing screw holes. I actually had also purchased a matching billet stereo cover too, but the current stereo cutout is too big for it so I had to sell it.
The cowling cover is stock purple color from F&M. I ordered the lettering from Graphics Online and applied myself.
I still haven't run the new exhaust at high rpms for any length of time but it seems to get slightly better fuel economy and sounds baaad!! I couldn't believe how nice it looked when fully installed. I imagine I picked up a couple of HP but not sure on the RPMs yet.
Thanks again for the compliments!!
John

That is great. I like your ideas. Taking some custom parts and adding your own touch. Big thumbs up for that. :yes: Thanks for answering the question I was going to have about the sound. I want some more bark out of mine.

I have some things brewing this winter of my own. For both a big block and small block!

Last Tango
10-04-2007, 11:29 AM
22ZX-27ZX's seem to be the most customized, aftermarket-wise. I love it! Nobody in this group is afraid to do "stuff" to their boat and make it special.

I think it would be fun if we had a very strong showing of these customized boats at some event in the near future. Mike Miller indicated he is considering moving the Hometown Gathering to Lake Lanier next year. Since that will be a lot more centrally located than Sarasota (and fresh water, for those who are concerned about salt) I would hope we could get a BIG turnout of 20-something size ZX's.

The Hedgehog
10-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Lanier would be great. I will have one way tricked out ZX by then. Waaayyyy tricked out. And when the dyno sheet is posted you will know what I mean!

RickSE
10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Looks great LG.

I'm very interested in how the new throttle/shifter works out. I noticed that unit earlier this year and it seems like a great alternative. Please let me/us know how the install goes.