PDA

View Full Version : Which way does oil go through the filter? Center out, or outside into center?

zimm17
10-02-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm installing my Dana marine remote oil filter block. I don't know which is the inlet and outlet. Does the oil need to go into the center of the filter, then to the outside? Or vice versa?

VetteLT193
10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
If memory serves me correct, in through the sides and out the middle.

Wait for a couple other replies to be sure:)

Pismo
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Please post some shots of your very fast 22..............Love to see it.

gcarter
10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Yep, outside in, because there's better support for the element that direction.

MOP
10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Dadgum you guys are on the ball! Years back I stupidly switched the hoses on a remote filter on an old bull dozer when replacing the lines, it was winter and the oil was cold and thick. Long and short I finally figured out why the oil pressure went away a few seconds after start up the filter guts blew apart and plugged the housing passages. Lucky for me it had line screens or I would had a tear down something that is a very nasty job on a dozer.

zimm17
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Dang. Thanks guys. I had to pull the filter housing back off, and change all the fittings around. I got all the oil lines routed today. Tomorrow is the steering cooler lines, and then tidy everything up. Hopefully the shakedown cruise will be this weekend. Pics will be posted when it's all wrapped up.