PDA

View Full Version : Spider Poop...What cleans it???

FISHIN SUCKS
10-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Alright, I am having a bunch of spiders attack our Blackwidow this year and I am having trouble getting some of the stains out of the white part of the gelcoat. Got any ideas out there??? Our boat sets on our boatlift with canopy and the spiders just accumulate on it. If I catch it right away, I can get it with just plain lake water. But if the boat sets for a couple of weeks, I can get the bulk of it, but not the stain behind. I have tried the meguiars spray detailer, but it doesn't cut it. I have tried the meguiars spray wax, and it don't work either!

HELP!!! Our Blackwidow ain't scarin' off the spiders and I can't stand havin' a pooped-on lookin' boat. Suggestions are much appreciated here:yes::yes::yes:. Thanx,

tom

glashole
10-02-2007, 09:19 AM
spray 9

works awesome on everything :)

the also have a spray 9 oil remover that works great in the bilge

joel3078
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Meguires makes good stuff. Try their product called cleaner wax. It cleans and waxes in 1 step. Hand application and elbow grease worked best for me. I used it to take out the gray streaks from dirt/rain that run down the sides off the cover and then bake in the sun.

Never knew spiders crapped. Next your gonna tell me the male ones have little balls :tongue: If all else fails, the tar remover products for cars/chrome should work on the spider poop also. OR if you want something less harsh, try this old harley biker trick for gettings baked on road buggs off. Use a wet t-shirt and lay it over the dirty area for 1/2 hour. The moisture in t-shirt transfers into the baked on bugs and magically they wipe off clean. Also with weather getting colder, try cleaning crap off after it has been a damp wet nite and there should be lots of dew in the morning. The goo might be softer and be easier to clean off. Gotta do this work in the morning however.

Side note for Tom - I am meeting a guy tomorrow that is local to me with a 30' black widow for sale. Suposedly in excellent shape inside and out and has the original factory look. Never seen a 30' in person so it will be fun for me. It's on craiglist here in Minneapolis. Like mine, the asking price is way too hi. Wonder how bad he wants to sell it?
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/boa/421728359.html

CHACHI
10-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Second on the Spray Nine. The bilge stuff is called Greez Off.
Ken

joel3078
10-02-2007, 12:47 PM
http://www.spraynine.com/index.php?cPath=69&name=Marine+%2F+RV

Ranman
10-02-2007, 02:26 PM
A very tiny roll of :toiletpap.

Actually, a shot of Windex left on to soak for a minute will work, but will also remove any wax on the hull. Another option is to use a light compound/wax combination like those made by 3M. Also, Magic Erasers work pretty well at getting it off.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Many Thanx to all. I will try and find this spray nine stuff. I forgot to mention that I tried febreeze (I have it to kill the musty smells, not to get in touch with my feminine side, ask Barbi) only because I had some down in the cuddy, but it didn't work either.

Shea, does it work on pipes:confused:??????

Joel, you gettin' big on us? Or are you just going to rip off some parts at 'midnight boat salvage'???

Thanx Randy, I've got windex and wax, maybe I try that!

I appreciate the input, now who's coming down to do the work????

tom

joel3078
10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Tom - Thought it would be neat to see a 30' widow in person and educate the guy in the stuff I have accumulated so far. Including this board. Don't need any midnight parts for mine and if anything I would downsize to a smaller boat. The 24' widow is a big heavy pig. The 30' gotta be a cow! However they are super easy to drive and built like a tank. No spider poop on mine, just spider webs. :eek!: We had a major drought this year and lake levels were way low so the boat sat around bigtime. Lake levels are are back up now and we are getting in last minute boating before it's time to winterize.

Barry Eller
10-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I would call the Orkin Man and get rid if the spiders. :yes:

Since I was bitten by a Recluse, I don't want any spiders around!

Team Jefe
10-03-2007, 09:05 PM
OK Tom, I can't let it go....Spider poop.... on a Black widow:rlol:

gero1
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
here in t.n we are real big on a 12 ga and a jar of shine, i can be there in about 4.5 hrs and will take care of those little pooper's

roadtrip se
10-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I'll never forget getting my first brand new Mustang, driving it out into the country to show off to my buddy, and having his dad walk out with a shot gun in his hand to greet me as I arrived.

He put the gun up, aimed into the trees, and shot up a whole bunch of tent caterpillars in the upper branches of a tree above us. I was just glad that he wasn't coming out to shoot me or my red sports car. I did have dead caterpillars all over my new car though. Didn't say a word.

I can vouch for Gero and some real word experience from 25 years ago, that a 12 gauge WILL take care of your spider problem.

My detailing trick for something like this would be a little soft scrub w/o bleach just on the tough spots. Works like a charm,
but get it off the finish quickly.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-05-2007, 07:28 AM
OK Tom, I can't let it go....Spider poop.... on a Black widow:rlol:
I knew it!!! Most people would let it go...but you are different, Jeff!

I'll meet you at our lake, Robert! But when you shoot, can you be careful not to blow too many holes through our canopy, it's the nicest one walmart sells:wink:!

MOP
10-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I admit to not reading the follow up posts! But wanted to add soaking an absorbent cloth in bleach (this should only be done on WHITE). It removes oak leave stains and several others and is worth a try for the spider poop!

Phil

Team Jefe
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I knew it!!! Most people would let it go...but you are different, Jeff!

Sorry Bud, but anybody calls himself Fishin Sucks has to be messed with at all opportunities.:yes:

FISHIN SUCKS
10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry Bud, but anybody calls himself Fishin Sucks has to be messed with at all opportunities.:yes:
LOL:) You'd think I started this thread on the bass-masters site...or should I say 'sea bass-masters', you salty dog:tongue::shark::smash:?!?!

Thanx for the bleach, Phil!

tom

glashole
10-09-2007, 06:16 AM
have you even tried the spray nine yet?

FISHIN SUCKS
10-09-2007, 09:10 AM
have you even tried the spray nine yet?
I cant find it. We don't have Zellers here. Where do I get it?

joel3078
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Where Can I Buy Spray Nine Products ?
Click on a link below to choose a store or to order direct. If you have trouble locating our products please feel free to call Laurie Fischer at 1-800-477-7299, ext. 142 or e-mail at: lfischer@spraynine.com.
Spray Nine does not sell to direct to consumers.

http://204.202.239.40/index.php?cPath=26&name=Where+To+Buy

glashole
10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
e-mail me your address and i'll ship you down some

n/c :)

please keep in mind this is mainly because Barbie is a nice person and this has nothing to do with you