PDA

View Full Version : Lifting eye mounting brackets

The Hedgehog
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Anybody know where I can get some mounting brackets for the lifting eyes on a X-18? I am really trying to avoid getting some fabricated.

penbroke
09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
See if ya can scare up BERTRAM BOY. He may be able to hook ya up...

Frank

MOP
09-30-2007, 08:17 PM
You might try duplicating the one on the early 22's, it is a hefty piece of angle iron guessing 2X2X1/4 with a tab welded to it to accommodate the rod to the eye. Real simple but strong item through bolted with 3 5/8" S/S carriage bolts. What ever you end up with make damn sure you seal the bracket to the hull inside, water runs down the eye's shank and gets into the transom wood.

Phil

gcarter
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
You might try duplicating the one on the early 22's, it is a hefty piece of angle iron guessing 2X2X1/4 with a tab welded to it to accommodate the rod to the eye. Real simple but strong item through bolted with 3 5/8" S/S carriage bolts. What ever you end up with make damn sure you seal the bracket to the hull inside, water runs down the eye's shank and gets into the transom wood.
Phil
It's more like 4 X 4 X 1/2......the Minx bracket was in steel angle, the 22 is aluminum.

MOP
09-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Mine is steel Ok I was off on the dimensions! I just ran down and measured it, 3X3 16 long 3/8 thick the tab for the eye rod is 6" long also 3/8 thick. Mine was hung by the eyes quite a bit as they show significant wear from the hooks.

Phil

Mr X
10-01-2007, 04:45 AM
I may still have mine laying around somewhere from my X.
I will send them to you if I can find them.....give me a couple days to find them.

Rootsy
10-01-2007, 06:18 AM
I have a brand new rear one on the shelf in stock. It is carbon steel and I will powdercoat in your choice of color.

This one matches the one that came from my boat and is C channel that is cut and welded at an angle so that the top is horizontal while the back matches the angle of the transom.

Bertram boay has been making the front brackets out of solid material on his wire machine.

The Hedgehog
10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
You guys are unbelievable. I like the powdercoat idea for the rear. I am not too concerned about the look of the front. I will be in touch.

Next question, I know that someone has a good rechroming source. Any ideas? It has been a while (over 10 years) since I have had any of that done. I don't even remember who I used.