PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Donzi on ebay?

chappy
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boat_W0QQitemZ280157847908QQihZ018QQcategoryZ31271 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I was browsing boats on ebay, and this ad came up, the make of the boat is "Boat". The pic looked familiar, just curious if it's legit.
Rich

DonziChris
09-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes it's legit, It's called a GT21. From what I've read they are very nice boats. I have thought of getting rid of my 18 for one.

chappy
09-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks, it definitely looks like a GT-21. A HIN is what I would really like to see. I've seen too many splashes with Donzi decals slapped on. I feel bad for the seller, unless it's listed under the brand name "Donzi", it won't get caught in the search engines for people actually looking for them.

Rich

LKSD
09-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Yup.. 21 Gt.. Similar to a classic, but almost twice as deep.. They have a large engine compartment too!... We just got done recoring the deck on one & replacing the fuel cell along with some other things.. It also had a HM 427 in it.. :eek!::yes::boat: It still needs the exterior refinished, some interior work as well as some other stuff redone to make it complete, But overall it is a cool boat.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
A few more... J :)

LKSD
09-30-2007, 09:41 AM
J,
What hull # are you working on pelase?

Poodle it is MDZ41383C868 ... Which is not the original #.. The original # was lost ( a shame I know) so the other owner before my customer bought it had redone it as a home made title thru MD. I think you talked with my customer on this once months ago.. We did search every where on this hull when it was apart.. Unfortunatley all other traces of where any other # should or could be were gone... The only thing I found to coincide with they year was the mfg date of 68 or 69 on the original fuel tank before we popped it.. We are done with the boat for now. They only wanted to fix the inside structural stuff for now. They will decide how much further they want to go after using it a bit, or if they may decide sell it..

I know the boat was from MD for at least quite a while. It also used to be green & may have also been yellow at one time.. This little guy had some color changes in the past. The 427 has also had some stuff done at one point to it, the guages someone had also replaced with tempo's.. It is a little bit of a shame at how the other people let this boat get.. At least my customer has done some good to her so far.. The boat is a good work in progress & still has the makings of a real prize if the rest of the stuff is followed thru.. As we all know the only downside to that it is the time & money it takes to do it.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Donziweasel
10-01-2007, 08:45 AM
i am interested in the gt. how much hp can one handle? looks like a good candidate for restoration. is it true the hornet iii was the replacement for this model?

Sweet little 16
10-01-2007, 09:30 AM
it will take any horsepower the drive can handle, they even came with twin SB's the gt was it's own animal

the hornet III was the replacement for the HornetII which was the replacement for the Hornet which replaced the bench seat Hornet