PDA

View Full Version : guage replacement

margo
09-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Question On the donzi minx the original guages have spade connections the new ones have screws ...Does anyone know if anyone makes a male spade that can be attached to the guage to except the female end on the wires....Would make it a lot easier...Also any input on instalation would be appreciated ...Thanks Joe

gcarter
09-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Question On the donzi minx the original guages have spade connections the new ones have screws ...Does anyone know if anyone makes a male spade that can be attached to the guage to except the female end on the wires....Would make it a lot easier...Also any input on instalation would be appreciated ...Thanks Joe
Joe, maybe you could elaborate a bit more.....
One thing to consider, there are many gauge sets available at reassonable prices like these Farias;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FARIA-BOAT-GAUGE-SET-boat-gauges-faria-gauges_W0QQitemZ320162416351QQihZ011QQcategoryZ264 51QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As to your question about installation??????

margo
09-29-2007, 12:43 PM
George you,r right i already ordered the chesapeake series....Got everything includeing the depth sounder....Just wondering how difficult it,s going to be...Was going to pull the dash panels back if they will move far enough...Have replaced the guages in my formula with the originals which was easy..Any help would be appreciated .I think you know the boat you should see it now just got through wetsanding and buffing came out like new...Thanks ..Joe

gcarter
09-29-2007, 01:31 PM
The engine gauges will come out. In fact I think you can pull the entire right panel clear.
You'll have to put new eyelet ends on the wires. Some wires (jumpers) may end up being too short and have to be replaced.
Mine was pure junk and so I didn't even try. There's a picture posted somewhere of my cockpit w/all the wiring all over the floor, the result of re-wiring everything.
FWIW, the breakers need to be replaced w/something waterproof. There's some good waterproof breakers listed in the Worst Marine catalog. It'll change your panel as they are quite a bit larger. I think someone told me of a panel where new waterproof breakers were wired into a small panel out of sight under the dash so it still looked original. I personally don't know why anyone woulld go to so much trouble as the original Minx dash looks kind of antiquated.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31916&d=1191097599