PDA

View Full Version : Louver direction on Z33?

Chrish
09-27-2007, 08:22 PM
So which way do they face. I've seen both directions. With the openings facing forward, seems they'd catch a lot of air at high speed and build pressure in the engine compartment, if turned around, seems they'd create a vacuum pulling any fumes out.

So which is it?
Here is an example

VetteLT193
09-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Is this a trick question? one forwards, one backwards?

mrfixxall
09-27-2007, 10:12 PM
So which way do they face. I've seen both directions. With the openings facing forward, seems they'd catch a lot of air at high speed and build pressure in the engine compartment, if turned around, seems they'd create a vacuum pulling any fumes out.
So which is it?
Here is an example

do you have vents on the transm or the back of the boat? if not then the one with the blower in it faces baackwards and the other side faces forward..its a flow through design,,its soppost to draw air from one side and all the hot air and fumes are soppose to escape the other side..

Chrish
09-28-2007, 11:07 AM
That makes sense.
Thanx

PS
Any advice on installing TRS drives in a Bravo boat would be appreciated.(Got too good a deal is the reason I'm going TRS...plus the durability, velvet drives.) New transom with cutouts glassed in so that helps.

mrfixxall
09-28-2007, 11:58 AM
That makes sense.
Thanx
PS
Any advice on installing TRS drives in a Bravo boat would be appreciated.(Got too good a deal is the reason I'm going TRS...plus the durability, velvet drives.) New transom with cutouts glassed in so that helps.

If it were my boat i would leave the bravos on the boat,,why would you want to add all the etra weight in a heavy boat? it may be slower and you would be moving al that weight forward about a foot..if your getting a good deal on the trs drives then sell them and invest the money into a pair of xr drives...if you really want transmissions then look for a set of ssm#4 drives which cut through the water better..just my o2:wink:

Donzigo
09-29-2007, 07:32 AM
You will have to totally change the engine mounts, I'm guessing you know that. I, like Mr. Fixall, don't understand the advantage. Stick with the Bravos

Chrish
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I have no Bravos to "stick with" The TRS drive were practically dropped in my lap. When I have the funds, I'll switch to XR's!
As for placement, they'll need to come forward and it looks like the cutouts will be a little higher on the transom. Are you familiar with that? The 86 Z33 donor boat had the TRS cutouts a little higher than the glassed in cutouts on my 88 crossbow(new transom). Does the 454/Bravo set up sit lower in the bilge than 454/TRS?

Thanks to all for the guidance!
Cheers