PDA

View Full Version : Interested in an August Rally at Cumberland?

roadtrip se
09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Many of you have told me one-on-one when I pound the drum for attending the Awakening every spring at Lake Cumberland, that you would like to see a rally later during the summer at the big lake.

There always seem to be weekends available in August after the big daddy rallys have already been held, before the kids go back to school.

I am pretty sure that I could get casual lodging choices at fair rates lined up around the lake for a summer rally. We certainly couldn't take over Jamestown in the high season like we do in the spring, but we could find a place to make it work and still terrorize the natives. There are also houseboats rentals available that can sleep a dozen or more.

Lake Cumberland is without compare in the summer.

If we put it together, would you guys be interested in attending?

Just getting a gauge...

glashole
09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
no

:)

RedDog
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
maybe :cool:

ITTLFLI
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
My father and I would be in!:yes:

gero1
09-27-2007, 09:37 PM
if the new job comes thru i want a ralley every weekend

zimm17
09-28-2007, 05:36 AM
I'd go

BGH18
09-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I would be in!

Donzi Angel
09-28-2007, 08:11 AM
so we'd even come up from Texas for it.

RENEE

Team Jefe
10-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Hell Yeah Baby !:yes:

BigGrizzly
10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I am undecided because we want to do one here on my lake too, However I do think it is a good idea, depending who's cooking!!!

roadtrip se
10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Especially, if we can get Mr. and Mrs. Jefe to make an appearance.

Let me do a little hunting around, when I get down to Ky in a week or so.
I think I can come up with some decent accomondations at a fair price that
would put us close to the docks and ramps at Alligator One and Two.

Anybody else interested?

BUIZILLA
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I would probably be a maybe... :)

I'ma thinkin the Hometown Rally in 'Sota is history in the books.... so two events in neighboring states a month apart is gonna make me choose one or the other, and i'd rather not have to make a decision like that amongst friends..

i'm still personally leaning on doing a 2 or 3 day Knoxville to Alabama or Chatta overnight trip next late summer or fall as well... maybe the second weekend in October for leaf peeping..

Dr. Dan
10-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes...if I am not attending one of the other myriad of Events that are going to be popping up in the same time frame.

I am always up for a good 14 hour drive....

Doc of the Sea Mountains :wink:

roadtrip se
10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm with ya Buiz, we would like to have attended both Sota and the Roundup, but they were right on top of each other, so we chose to go to Texas this year for a change.

Remember Danny, now we can hit ya from both sides, "flys like a rooster and stings like a scorpion" kind of thingy. Of course, you could just fly in and be Jill's dock boy for the weekend, but I'm warning you, it isn't cake duty! The Diva will not be denied of professionally executed boat assistance, not to mention the cold cocktail that is expected when she returns to the docks, so be careful what you sign up for!

ygrowup
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I thinks you could count the Dave & Dave show in.....would love to drag the red menace down for AOTH, but nearly impossible to get out of town then. Keep us posted Todd & thanks for handling the julie mccoy duties...

gero1
10-03-2007, 09:23 PM
could someone PLEASE go check on the good doctor, i am not used to such a short 1 liner from him about rooster's. he must be under the weather

Last Tango
10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
August and September are my slowest months, so I would (re)consider going back to Lake Cumberland at that time of year. It would be warmer, and might be fewer trees floating in the water by then.
AOTH had become the LOGFEST for me in the past (sorry, Bolts).
May also be a reasonalble time/place to encourage the ZX folks to gather as a sub-grouping as well.

I do agree though, as stated by others, that if such an event is too close in time frame to next years' so-called Hometown Gathering at the proposed new location of Lake Lanier, GA, it would be difficult for me to attend both. And I would probably pick Lake Lanier, for the shorter tow. FishHeads would probably pick Cumberland for exactly the same reason.

roadtrip se
10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
On the topic of logs. This year's AOTH was the most log free I have ever seen in the spring at Lake Cumberland. The reason? The Corps lowered the lake forty-some-odd feet to start a series of repairs to the dam. There are rumbles of bringing the level up ten feet this winter, but the lake has been clean all season long. Spring or summer, it has been a lumber-free existence, so come-on-back ya hear!

We always have a Z-boat contingent, so don't let that stop you either. Always welcome.

Now, what is this about switching the Hometown Rally to Lanier? Would it be the traditional dates in late September or early October? Enquiring minds want to know. Remember, I am an honorary SEADOG after all and would be interested in attending a Lanier-based rally. I would think we could set it up schedule-wise where neither rally would impact the other.

Team Jefe
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Especially, if we can get Mr. and Mrs. Jefe to make an appearance.

Have CSLG (Chicken Sh*t Little Grill)....will travel:wink: