PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista 2 minute install...

roadtrip se
09-26-2007, 01:57 PM
This is the best way I have seen up until now to install Windows new OS Vista.

The tips are intuitive and relevant. So simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

rustnrot
09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
My laptop and my wife's are identical except bought months apart --hers newer and she has Vista--very unfortunate!

Vista is just soooooo bad, you have to experience it to see how awful it really is. Even if it really "worked", I would still hate the look and feel. I would never have believed it could be so bad.

We're trying to get HP/Compaq to send us a free downgrade to XP...or sell the computer then go to Dell where you can spec XP still.....

Mr X
09-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Rotflmao!!!

MOP
09-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Tommy I could not agree more, Vista is a big bust. Everyone I know hates it and are thinking of down grading, the op systems are getting way to bloated. When I was running 98 I got a copy of Windows Lite, made 98 look like a dog. About two months ago I ripped XP Pro off my machine and put XP home and decreased my load time by over a minute. I just bought a new machine a 4.3 with a gig of ram should be here tomorrow, maybe that will do a better job of loading this stuff.

Phil

LKSD
09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
It is one of the most idiodic OS yet.. You would think that they would make it work with all pre existing windows OS platforms & software.. It's like they came up with xp after all of the other garbage & then they decided to regress.. WTF?? :boggled: J

Trueser
09-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Hp will give you a free downgrade Cd for XP.

Xp will be faster than Vista

boxy
09-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm with the MadDog, I bought a new Dell laptop, (my 3 Dell desktops run XP) I upgraded the RAM, and I have had zero problems with Vista.
I don't use this laptop as a primary computer, but I do use it for everything I do. (music, video, pdf feature sheets, publisher feature sheets, picture manipulation, server access)
I don't have any experience with upgrading a XP machine to Vista, but that seems to be where most of the problems are.

Gearhead99
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Just bought a new computer last week from Dell.

Has Vista w/2gigs of ram. Haven't had any real problems with it yet. A little different then XP. But, I don't do a lot of "wild" things on the computer either.

I hope, from all the talk here, that this doesn't end up being another ME, OS from MS. I had three machines with ME on them at one time. Oh!!!! what a POS that was. Locked up ALL the time. Went back to 2000 after that mess.