PDA

View Full Version : 80 Donzi Restoration

Boatclinic
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Here are a few before ,during and after picts of the Restoration, Went with new transom, engine compartment redone, new paint ( upper), wiring, upgrades include roller rockers , Hardin Tips (4" Exhaust) Trim Tabs, Stereo and many misc. accessories.
Great project for a great customer.
Don, Carol and Sam

gcarter
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
What year is it????
A 22?????
Tell me about the windshield????
How does it attach?
Power and drive?
I really like the paint job.

BGH18
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Very nice looking boat!:yes:

Mr X
09-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Looks like an 18 to me.......
Very nice!

Morgan's Cloud
09-26-2007, 06:52 AM
Yes , that turned out very nice ...
Just out of curiousity , when you're doing that for someone else , what kind of $$ does it end up costing ?
(you have to be serious to pay someone else to restore a boat for you)
Steve

olredalert
09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
------Outstanding. Very nice, clean work!!! Out of curiosity, did the owner want the odd bootstripe and DONZI decal placement??? Im thinking the boat will look cool when at rest, but maybe less so on the trailer and at speed??? Looking at your pics, the boot stripe was there before as well........Bill S

rustnrot
09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Don, is this Donzi also owned by the guy you are doing the Formula Jr. for?

Ranman
09-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Love the deck stripe, but the boot stripe totally ruins it for me.

Boatclinic
09-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the comments, like it or not it is a 1980 - 18ft ,
The windshield screws on behind track covers, the engine is a 350 Vortec, we added roller rockers, Boot stripe is at the location where it was and we renovated from there up.
The Formula Jr. ( 1966) is owned by a different customer. new picts and almost done ( ck out Hey Boatclinic in Talk about other boats section)
As far as cost? They are all different and range from 5 to 50,000 depending on customers attitude, no really there all so much different there is no way of giving a total price when we start, they always add here and say no to other ideas, sometimes we start a project and find that the Local bondo guy went crazy :propeller:and fixed it 10 years earlier. So it really is hard to say but we get close when I inspect the boat at our shop. :lookaroun:
Thanks Guys for the comments. Appreciate it.
Next is an 88 Ski Centurion , Warrior Barefoot Comp , to be called Plum Crazy
Don, Carol and Sam

LKSD
09-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Love the deck stripe, but the boot stripe totally ruins it for me.

I dont like the boot stripe either, it definitley ruins the look of the boat.. That stripe reminds me of an old Pennyan..

Here is a pic during a one of our restorations on a boat we restored for one of our clients a few years ago. The striping was proper, but I hated it.. We did it only so the look would remain original.. I think the wooden boat pulls off the look better, even though I dislike that type of bootstriping... Thank god we specialize in performance boats & are a Donzi authorized facility. I am not really a big wooden boat guy, they just dont excite me. I only do the wooden stuff on rare occasion and for a very select few clients anymore.

J

Boatclinic
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I have to agree about the boot stripe, but we do what the customer wants, Nice wooden boat restoration, we do not do wood boats, I have a friend down the road who does nothing but wood boats.
Thanks for the input and have heard great things about your Business up north there. Would love to stop by sometime and see your operation. We are a real small shop and don't have any Dealerships . yet.!!!
Don, Carol and Sam

LKSD
10-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I have to agree about the boot stripe, but we do what the customer wants, Nice wooden boat restoration, we do not do wood boats, I have a friend down the road who does nothing but wood boats.
Thanks for the input and have heard great things about your Business up north there. Would love to stop by sometime and see your operation. We are a real small shop and don't have any Dealerships . yet.!!!
Don, Carol and Sam

Thanks.. :)

I do understand about what the customer wants at times. Sometimes eventhough personal tastes are different you need to do something cosmetically other than what your likes or tastes are, as long as the work is still getting done properly.

If you are ever up in our nieghborhood & want to visit just give us a shout.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside