PDA

View Full Version : Propeller Saga - Part II

Carl C
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
To summarize my situation, I've decided to try a labbed Bravo 1 on my '05 22C w/496 HO. My present speed is about 73.5 running safely and about 74.3 with a lot of trim and no tab with my stock 25p M+. I ordered a factory labbed 26p Bravo 1 and it put me on the rev limiter at about 72 mph. After consulting with other members here, a Mercury racing rep and Adrian at Teague Custom Marine I've learned that a 28p is closer to what I need since these props have smaller blades and "the 28 is equal to a 26". I had reported that Teague was balking at taking the prop back for exchange. Today I talked to Bob Teague himself and he agreed to exchanging my 26 for a 28 so I will UPS my prop back to Teague tomorrow:). It could be a couple of weeks before I get my prop but it is coming. They may charge me a 10% restock fee which I'm OK with. I just wanted to post this update without bringing the old thread back up. My goal is consistant, safe 75 mph.:crossfing: A little more when really aired out. I will post updates here but it may be a couple weeks. :propeller:

osur866
09-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Sounds like its gonna work out, good luck.

blackhawk
09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Carl, if you were getting 75mph with a Mirage+ you should get there with a good labbed Bravo 28. I just tried a Bblades 28 and it was faster than my Mirage+ 25 and about the same as my standard Mirage 25! MUCH different than the stock 26 Bravo I tried last year. A LOT looser and took less trim to free the boat up. My Rev4 is still the best out of the box 4 blade I have tried by a long shot.

Carl C
09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Carl, if you were getting 75mph with a Mirage+ you should get there with a good labbed Bravo 28. I just tried a Bblades 28 and it was faster than my Mirage+ 25 and about the same as my standard Mirage 25! MUCH different than the stock 26 Bravo I tried last year. A LOT looser and took less trim to free the boat up. My Rev4 is still the best out of the box 4 blade I have tried by a long shot. Time will tell. My best speed to date on a cold day is 75.2. I usually can't hit 75 but that is my present target speed.

blackhawk
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Time will tell. My best speed to date on a cold day is 75.2. I usually can't hit 75 but that is my present target speed.

Well, you should be close with a good labbed 28. The Bblades 28 I tried was 1-2mph faster than my M+ 25. You may want to try a Rev4 if you get a chance. Faster than my M+, great bow lift, very stable and planes/cruises great.

Carl C
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, you should be close with a good labbed 28. The Bblades 28 I tried was 1-2mph faster than my M+ 25. You may want to try a Rev4 if you get a chance. Faster than my M+, great bow lift, very stable and planes/cruises great. I hope I get the same gain but I may have to get it tweaked by Mercury Marine or BBlades to get it right. If I get a chance to try a Rev4 I will but for now I'm committed to the Bravo 1. It doesn't have the bow lift but the boat should run flatter in the rough stuff on Lake Huron, St. Clair and Erie.:crossfing: