PDA

View Full Version : color change...how bad is it?

Bill Barter
09-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I'd like to fine a clean 18, 2+3 with white hull with turquoise sides and stripe like the on in this picture (left hand steering would be preferable too). Because this is probably a pipe dream, I though I might look for a white and whatever color stripes 18... and paint it Turquoise , I’d only do this to a boat that needed cosmetics any way. What is the consensus on this... Will you throw me out of the Donzi enthusiast club?
Thanks for your feed back.

VetteLT193
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
It's your boat, you do what you want with it!

chappy
09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Bill,

Don't know how much of a purist you are, but those decals may be available, instead of painting. I wouldn't know where to get them, but I'm sure others on the board might.

Rich

boxy
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I see no problem with changing the stripe color to blue, especially if it was a red boat to start with ..... :D

Bill Barter
09-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I thought the sides where gel coat and the top stripe painted...no? I like the ldea of being able to reverse it but not so sure how the finish would look.. thanks for the feedback... do you know if the donzi flag and lin decal can be had?

Marlin275
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
... do you know if the donzi flag and lin decal can be had?

call Richard Weaver @ Weaver's Marine
(207) 636-2133
his material is excellent quality

VetteLT193
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
You know, reading the comments about decals I thought about wrapping.

You could get the boat wrapped with that vinyl wrap, which would give you the look you want and keep it original for the next guy if you decide to sell one day.:wink:

LKSD
09-25-2007, 08:21 AM
We also handle the decals.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Barry Eller
09-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I see no problem with changing the stripe color to blue, especially if it was a red boat to start with ..... :D

It's OK to change any color, except yellow!:smile:

Lenny
09-25-2007, 10:01 AM
That one depicted is a "fairly common color". It will be a mid seventies boat most likely. Be patient, I am sure one will show up.

:)

Bill Barter
09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Lenny,

agread that I could find one... my mission would be to find a faded red striped one with tattered interior, get light blue interior form built right, fix the scratches and such, have it painted blue. I think its going to hard to find a clean say 1976 boat... so the idea is to find one that is priced right because it looks 30 years old then bring it back. I'm talking about a make over not a full blown rebuild... I don’t have time for that.

Barry,

I agree about the yellow.. I have a 1976 16 with yellow side strip and tangerine deck strip... its so 70's! I'd probably only paint over a red or green strip, or perhaps a yellow one of it where wrecked any way.

thanks