PDA

View Full Version : But for the grace of something.....

Formula Jr
09-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Every Sunday I drive into town. Sunday is my boy's night out. I always leave at about the same time. Last night I misplaced my car keys and had to find them. This delayed my departure for about 15 minutes. Its a winding little two lane country road into town from where I live. I get four miles out onto this road and there's a huge accident that shut the whole road down. Two people killed in a nasty head on wreck. I did some quick math and timing. If I had not lost my keys, I would have been with-in seconds or so of this event at this place on the road. The driver that crossed the road would have been in my lane.

I just remember how angry I was about not finding my car keys for 15 minutes.
I only can't find them once a year or so.

I didn't win on the lotto ticket I had bought a fews days earlier. This is what was covering the keys so that I couldn't see them, and I don't buy lottery tickets very often also..

I think that was the winning ticket in a very strange sort of way.

f_inscreenname
09-24-2007, 05:09 PM
A little weird how things work out isn’t it? That has happened to me a couple times.
Once I was pissed that I was going to be even more late to work then I was already as I sat in traffic. The reason I was sitting in traffic is a bridge fell down that they were redoing and killed 4 people and injured a bunch more. Being it was at my exit and I knew what time I had to be at that exit not to be late put it at the same time I would have normally been there. If I was on time do I know it would have hit me? No, but when I called in late because of it they were very relieved to hear my voice.
Makes you think.