PDA

View Full Version : 1988 18' Donzi Classic

gtsdls
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
We are considering selling our cottage on Keuka lake. If we do sell, I will be putting my Donzi on the market. I have owned it for the last 6 years.

Solid red- no stripe. Gel coat is in decent condition, but a little thin on the engine hatch. Grey interior, missing one rear seat cushion back. This was a salt water boat earlier in its life, and has been bottom painted. New small block Chevy installed when it moved to freshwater environment ~8 years ago (I have the receipt for the block and new carb). GLM aluminum exhaust manifolds. Thru hull exhaust. SS prop. Halon system. Seals redone on the drive unit, cables, etc. ~two years ago- runs dry. The SS windshield is currently removed- the brass corner pieces have been replated, and the SS parts polished. The engine scoops, engine latch knob, hinges, and lift rings have also been replated, and the cleats were removed and repolished. Serviced every season since I've owned it. No trailer.

I am unsure of what it's worth, and could use some pricing advice. Pictures to follow if we decide to go forward with the sale.

Bill Barter
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
you make this sould like a fixer upper. when can we see pictures. thanks

captainsae
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
It sounds like you have a Testarossa edition classic 18. Without seeing pictures, it sounds like a bit of a project. The bottom being painted is a big negative on an 18 classic and any buyer would be looking at having it stripped. There was a turn-key 1988 18 testarossa with faded gel coat, no bottom paint, Alpha SS outdrive, no windshield, and a complete interior on Ebay a couple of years ago that sold for $7,700.00 in Altlanta, GA. There was also a 1987 or 1988 18 classic for sale here with a 454, trailer, was painted, and needed interior work that the guy was asking $7500 for and I don't know if it sold but it was for sale for a long time. You can search this forum for that ad if you can get the search function to work. Once again without seeing pictures, I would have to say $6,500.00 - $7,500.00 if it just needs upholstery and the gel coat is salvagable.