PDA

View Full Version : Emptying the gas tank...

gcarter
09-20-2007, 09:30 AM
is never fun!
I hate sucking on a fuel hose to syphon fuel.
I hate it!
I hate it!
I hate it!
So when I found there was 30 gallons or so of gas in the Testa Rossa tank, I was dreading the task.
So here's what I did;
I screwed a 1/4" male pipe barbed fitting into the fuel pickup and stuck some air hose onto it. Then I ran the tube out the transom drain hole.
I have a six gallon plastic fuel can that the spout is close to the size of the air hose. I put some of my weight onto the tank with my knee to partially collapse the tank. Then I simply held my hand around the hose/spout joint and let up on the pressure on the tank. It worked!!!!:eek!::eek!::eek!:
I couldn't believe how easy it was.

MOP
09-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Pretty ingenious!

BigGrizzly
09-20-2007, 09:53 AM
George, I would have put the cap on the fill and pressurized the over flow. everything else is what you did. I have don this before on stuff. Just regulate the air pressure.

BUIZILLA
09-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I can't resist........

how did you get 30 gal of fuel in a 6 gal tank??

:eek!: :cool:

Stevo440
09-20-2007, 11:05 AM
My turn I could'nt resist also:

It was a LABED 6 gallon container... Things are'nt always what they appear to be or are suppose to be....

Sorry not intended to do any harm.....

MOP
09-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing but being as George is a senior like me I had to be kind!

Tim Morris
09-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I was thinking the same thing but being as George is a senior like me I had to be kind!

Senior here too! We've all got enough hair on our chests without
sucking on a gas line trying to get some more.

(My mom made me eat the crusts when I was young)

gcarter
09-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I can't resist........
how did you get 30 gal of fuel in a 6 gal tank??
:eek!: :cool:
Er...uhmmmm....uhmmmm.....uhhhhhhhhhh.....errrrrr. ......

Now I remember!!!:eek!::eek!::eek!:

I filled it more than once!!!!:bonk::):propeller:

Ed Donnelly
09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
George; Just keep dumping the 6 gal. into the 22's tank. It will hold all the 6's you put in it.......Ed