PDA

View Full Version : First Donzi Rebuild Project NEED HELP PLEASE!

My First Donzi!
09-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi Everyone. My father in law and I just purchased our first Donzi, a 1994 Medallion 152 15.6 jet boat. I was really impressed with the quality of the hull of the boat. I have owned many other types of boats and currently have a SeaDoo Bombadier jet Boat. But if I had to put the two side by side I would say that the hull in the Donzi was like twice as thick. I was really impressed and now I am hooked! We are going to be re-doing this Donzi front to back! Can anyone help with where to find a repair manual or replacement parts for this boat? I would really appreciate it! The Motor was supposed to be locked down, and siezed but wasnt. It is just not getting any spark. I am thinking that the most likely culprit is the coil packs, or the CDI module. Also the throttle calbe to put the boat in reverse is held on with a pair of vise grips, so that will need to be replaced as well, and a new steering wheel. Any ideas that you pro's have would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You, Ken

VetteLT193
09-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Did you buy it off eBay? I saw one on there with the same description:wink:

Those boats are nice, and typical Donzi high quality hull.

The engine, in my opinion, is one of the biggest mistakes Merc. ever made. Compared to your Sea Doo the Merc engine just sucks (and not in a good way)

Check around eBay for parts, they pop up sometimes. Also, many parts are taken off outboards so try searching around to find a cross reference on any part you may need. It will be much easier to find the outboard equivalent.

Others may have more experience with the Merc Jet to give detailed advice on troubleshooting it.

The control on those boats is pretty standard, search around for it. I know it is still made. The cable should be very easy and cheap to replace.

GOOD LUCK with the boat, it will be awesome once running and cleaned up!!

Formula Jr
09-19-2007, 03:55 AM
Did you buy it from Annapolis, Maryland?