PDA

View Full Version : Where to get new seating for 18 2+3

Studiomike
09-18-2007, 10:25 AM
It was just a few years ago when I was able to contact Bilt-Rite for a matching tonneau cover for my 18 Classic 2+3 but I understand they have moved somewhere. I had a number in Virginia but not connected anymore... Are they still in buisness? I did see that the son took over recently but not sure where they are.... any help would be great as I am re doing my 1989 Classic 18. Are there any other places that can match the original quality of the snap in rear seats and remake the front 2 bucket's? thanks for any info Studiomike

superhatz
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Me too......

Bill Barter
09-28-2007, 09:25 PM
one would think that built-right would place an add here.

Please send and email if you find them. I will be looking for a new inteior next season.

good luck

jl1962
09-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Spoke to a nice guy at Donzi earlier in the year about the demise of Bilt-rite. He listened patiently while I explained the predicament a lot of us with older boats face.

He gave me the name of the company that currently does interiors for all of their Classics - he claims they have all the old patterns. The company is called Premier Interiors, phone is 941-752-6271. Ask for Lee or Jim and tell them you have an old Donzi and got their number from Dave Campbell at Donzi. My interior is still in pretty good shape so I never rang them up. Give them a call and report back on prices and models.

JL

knots2u
09-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I have been referring people to Premier Performance Interiors, they should have all the patterns for boats 1996 and newer, that's when Bilt-Rite stopped supplying Donzi. You could use a newer style 18 interior in an older boat, not that much difference, same with the 22 interiors. PPI bucket seats are slightly larger in the 18's and smaller in the 22's, they went to one size fits all. They might have the original size 22 bucket, you will have to check. The 16 port steering interiors are different from the starboard steering version, 16 o/b are also different from the i/o version. I would be interested in hearing prices, someone told me a five cushion rear bench seat for a 16 was $2400! :eek!:

Bob Ellmann
BiltriteUph@aol.com

jl1962
09-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Great to hear from you Bob. Not to put you on the spot but how about coming out of retirement for a last batch? Would it take 10 orders? 20 orders? You could be like those classic rock bands that keep reforming for "one more tour"!

I have yet to price Performance and am not in dire straights but I'll support the cause - make us an offer!

Jay
:yes: