PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi Owner! Medallion 152

My First Donzi!
09-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Everyone. My father in law and I just purchased our first Donzi, a 1994 Medallion 152 15.6 jet boat. I was really impressed with the quality of the hull of the boat. I have owned many other types of boats and currently have a SeaDoo Bombadier jet Boat. But if I had to put the two side by side I would say that the hull in the Donzi was like twice as thick. I was really impressed and now I am hooked! We are going to be re-doing this Donzi front to back! Can anyone help with where to find a repair manual or replacement parts for this boat? I would really appreciate it! The Motor was supposed to be locked down, and siezed but wasnt. it is just not getting any spark. I am thinking that the most likely culprit is the coil packs, or the CDI module. Also the throttle calbe to put the boat in reverse is held on with a pair of vise grips, so that will need to be replaced as well. Any ideas that you pro's have would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You, Ken

RedDog
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
congratulations!

for a better response, you should repost this message in the correct forum - post in the "Donzi Performance Talk" forum rather than in the "Donzis For Sale" forum.

I would like to see what one of these would be like with some horsepower. Do a search on "Medallion 152" using the search button in the blue bar above. Seems I have heard they had a problem soaking up water in the flotation foam.

mert9301
09-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Hi Everyone. My father in law and I just purchased our first Donzi, a 1994 Medallion 152 15.6 jet boat. I was really impressed with the quality of the hull of the boat. I have owned many other types of boats and currently have a SeaDoo Bombadier jet Boat. But if I had to put the two side by side I would say that the hull in the Donzi was like twice as thick. I was really impressed and now I am hooked! We are going to be re-doing this Donzi front to back! Can anyone help with where to find a repair manual or replacement parts for this boat? I would really appreciate it! The Motor was supposed to be locked down, and siezed but wasnt. it is just not getting any spark. I am thinking that the most likely culprit is the coil packs, or the CDI module. Also the throttle calbe to put the boat in reverse is held on with a pair of vise grips, so that will need to be replaced as well. Any ideas that you pro's have would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You, Ken
I have a donzi 152 and completely rebuilt it, Great fun little boat. I have many parts for this boat includung complete engine shift and throttle cables and complete drive assembly. If you are interested contact me.