PDA

View Full Version : New Gaffrig Shifter installation problem

VetteLT193
09-15-2007, 10:47 AM
I just got my new Gaffrig shifter in. I started installing it, and the cables I have are not correct. The shifter calls for 33 series cables, and I have something else.

If I buy the 33 series for the shifter and throttle, does anyone know of any problems I'll have with connections to the engine and tranny bracket? The ends look totally different. My current cables use a clamp down bracket (screw it down over the cable to hold it in place). The 33 series use a little snap bracket that hooks over a part in the cable.

VetteLT193
09-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's a picture of the unit... hard to tell, but it's got a nice metallic to it. Very nice product:)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31689&d=1189872521

mrfixxall
09-15-2007, 12:22 PM
they make a adaptor kit for it..

http://www.gaffrigperformance.com/Products/throttles.cfm?theSubCategory=31

VetteLT193
09-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks mrfixxall, that is exactly the info I was looking for!

I am going to use my cables for now just so I can do the wiring for the trim and neutral safety switch, and complete the cut out. Looks like another 2 weeks without using the boat:mad:

mrfixxall
09-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks mrfixxall, that is exactly the info I was looking for!
I am going to use my cables for now just so I can do the wiring for the trim and neutral safety switch, and complete the cut out. Looks like another 2 weeks without using the boat:mad:

are you installing the shifter/throttle in a classic? i was going to build a custom council between the seats of my x and install the same shifter in it,chrome tho:wink:

VetteLT193
09-15-2007, 03:33 PM
are you installing the shifter/throttle in a classic? i was going to build a custom council between the seats of my x and install the same shifter in it,chrome tho:wink:

I have a Minx. The Minx has a bit different interior than the classics, the shifter is top mounted already, there is a build out of the sides of the interior next to the seats with the shifter and cup holders.

I also thought about doing the center console. In the Minx I don't think it would work, but in an X I think it would be pretty awesome!!

VetteLT193
09-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Anyone have a suggestion on a good saw to use? sawsall with a hacksaw blade works perfect, but only on one side because of clearance issues with the side of the boat.

I got a speedsaw in on the other side, works great except it gets too hot and I'm afraid it is going to set the boat on fire.

It's a small area, any suggestions on a hand saw?

mrfixxall
09-16-2007, 02:25 PM
i usually use a air powered cutoff wheel then finish off the corners off by hand with one of those hacksaw blad holder thing a ma jig..

blackhawk
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Anyone have a suggestion on a good saw to use? sawsall with a hacksaw blade works perfect, but only on one side because of clearance issues with the side of the boat.
I got a speedsaw in on the other side, works great except it gets too hot and I'm afraid it is going to set the boat on fire.
It's a small area, any suggestions on a hand saw?

I use a rotozip.

VetteLT193
09-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks guys... The rotozip is basically what I was using and it started to burn the wood.

I got a small hacksaw blade holder thing (before you replied actually, which is kind of funny). I'll get back to it tonight. I didn't think about an air powered tool. I should have looked while at the store... That was really dumb of me.:bonk: