PDA

View Full Version : still sputtering

smokediver
09-12-2007, 03:10 PM
i changed out my fuel filter assy and the boat did run a little better .. but when i go to get on plane , it sputters ... and it did sputter at 2500 rpm .. now it is at 3500 when it starts to lose rpm's .. juat goes back to 3000 and then to 3500 ... back and forth like that ... it was fine before i filled it the last time .. i wonder if i got bad gas ? i did over fill and it came out of the overflow ... i wonder if it could be an anti siphon valve ? i think i am going to have to have it put on a scan tool and looked over ... ideas ?

MOP
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
If you had moisture in the filter some may have gotten to the carb and is laying in the bowl, may pay to pull the carb and clean it.

Phil

BUIZILLA
09-12-2007, 03:40 PM
bring the boat with you tomorrow... :wink:

mrfixxall
09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
i changed out my fuel filter assy and the boat did run a little better .. but when i go to get on plane , it sputters ... and it did sputter at 2500 rpm .. now it is at 3500 when it starts to lose rpm's .. juat goes back to 3000 and then to 3500 ... back and forth like that ... it was fine before i filled it the last time .. i wonder if i got bad gas ? i did over fill and it came out of the overflow ... i wonder if it could be an anti siphon valve ? i think i am going to have to have it put on a scan tool and looked over ... ideas ?

does it backfire through the intake? (low fuel pressure)

what your discribing is a surge not a sputter,,,vacume leak or like buiz said your injectors may be plugged...

blackhawk
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
it was fine before i filled it the last time .. i wonder if i got bad gas?

Sounds like you may have. My father made the mistake of filling up his PWCs up when the truck was refilling the station. This churns up the tanks and he got gas with a BUNCH of water in it.

Take the seperator off again and completely empty it into a glass jar. Let it settle for a few minutes and see if there is water in it.

smokediver
09-12-2007, 06:02 PM
bring the boat with you tomorrow... :wink:
i would but it is buried until friday ... we are moving stuff around :bonk::bonk: