PDA

View Full Version : What bothers me is finding a boat on Craigslist that...

Lenny
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
...is no longer listed and I cannot contact the seller. :(

It would be in the mail to me by now if it was. :)

Was an 8' DONZI Dink. No longer on the site. (was in Detroit)

zelatore
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Craigslist is great, but because it's free to post you often get deadbeats just messing around. A while back I was looking for a street-legal dual-sport and I don't know how many people I tried to contact only to either get no reply or bounced emails. Come on guys - are you trying to sell something or not? :confused:

After a while, I pretty much discounted any ad that didn't have a phone number.

VetteLT193
09-11-2007, 07:11 AM
It could have sold:(

I've never had trouble emailing anyone on craigslist. they verify the lister's email before the listing is posted. I would NEVER post my phone number directly on the ad. Telemarketers have search engines that scour the internet for phone numbers, so it's the perfect way to get a bajillion phone calls.

zelatore
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't konw what the deal is...a lot of times they just never contact me back so I'm just left wondering 'is it sold? did they get my message?' If it's gone, just send back a reply saying 'sold'....that's assuming they're too lazy to take the add down instead of just letting it run out.

I'm on the 'no call list' here in CA (is that national?) so I don't get telemarketers calling. Unfortunaltly, political or charitable types or others asking for donations get an exemption, so the phone still rings off the hook every weekend. Basically, we're only home on the weekends and use our cells 90% of the time so we just don't answer the phone much if we're at home. A couple weeks ago the phone seemed to be ringing every hour, so I finally answered it. Somebody (at least it was a real person) started in asking for a donation for such and such. I told them 'you've been calling constantly all weekend - take us off the list and never call this number again!' They got quite upset with me...it was funny, really.

Now, if they start calling my cell number, I'm gonna get mad. :mad:

peregrine
09-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Zelatore,

Here is the Do Not Call # for your cell
888-382-1222
You must call from the cell. I had to do it twice, one for mine, one for the wife's even though it is a shared plan. I thought the main number would strike both, but nope.