PDA

View Full Version : 22 Donzi on the Banks of cumberland

show-n-go h2o
09-10-2007, 09:02 AM
there were two boats on the shore of cumberland this weekend, a 33 baja with twins and then a 22 open bow Donzi. i dont know the whole story but from what i hear it happened friday night and no one was hurt. i have a few pics that i can put up tonight. did anyone else see this? what happened?

roadtrip se
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
is what the lakecumberland.com site is stating. Nobody seriously hurt.

We heard them running WFO all weekend after dark. Surprised Darwin didn't take care of a few more.

We watched the start out in front of Difficulty Creek which was awesome, but then all hell broke loose. Spectator boats were all over the place. I'm not sure how the Poker Runners could have identified the course coming back on the return leg.

We ducked out as soon as we could get clear...

Greg K
09-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Here's a pic of the two up on the rocks. appears to have happened during or the day of the Cumberland poker run.

catch 22
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
WOW:eek!: glad to hear nobody was seriously hurt.

boldts
09-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, your probably looking at two boats with owners who are very thankfull the lake is down 50' due to the dam. Can't remember seeing any places like that at full lake levels and we'd have 2 boat loads of now dead passengers instead of un-hurt very sorry people. Hope the Poker Run was fun for those of you who participated in it. Got to do that once in a 30' Black Widow and yes, I was very thankful for being in that size Donzi that day.

Take care all and be safe for what is left of our Northern boating season.