PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe? What is your opinion ?

LKSD
09-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Kristin here. I had to post this because it upset me terribly.

Enclosed below is a pic of me in one of our ads and the real pic before (original) they made it look nice for the magazine. I am 36 years old and work out hard to try to look good. Yes I know I am not 21 anymore Gettin' old sux..

I at first just thought that there were just a$$holes that were local pranking the house as a business call tonite at 9pm on a Friday nite. The guy called us from Rochester NY area. Which I Kristin answered because J was on a call with another new client who just took delivery of one of J's custom boats and was reviewing operation procedures. I told J what had just happened when he got off of the phone & he had called the jerk back and goggled him and his businesss from his phone # & name.

He called because we had a ad in Poker Runs America. Great Mag. We are in numerous others as well as other boating internet sites. The boating crowd are great People as a rule. He called to ask me (Kristin owner with my hubby Jamie of Lakeside Restorations a question). He wanted to know if I was a man or transvestite in the ad!!!. I told him to Fu** off. He continued to insult me because the way I looked and that I had a bikini on. He said I was not even on a boat. Granted the orginal pic below was not a high perf. boat... It was a boat we went out on with a bunch of friends to booze and cruise.

Jay called back like any normal man would if they have a wife, girlfriend, fiance etc. that they care about and gave him hell... J said that if the Idiot wasnt smart enough to even block his phone # he would call & return the favo... Needless to say as a woman I was it obviously upset me. I had to holler at J not to not take a weekend drive with his buddy to upstate NY after he googled the guys name & address from his phone #.. He wanted to open a can of whoopa$$

Business aside. I wanted to post my pic in an ad we currently have running in other mags as well as all our banners. They are me.

Here is the question? For a 36 year old woman in this ad. What do you think of me? Do I look like a man? And would your woman deserve to be insulted like this guy made a point to call me & do??. He said we should not have an ad with anyones wife or girlfriend in a bikini on a boat with a boating business. Is it me or does anyone else understand me being upset? Personally business aside. You insult another man's woman there will be problems no matter what I don't care what you do for a living.

He claimed he was a boater. J has all his business info...phone number and address. We have no clue who this guy was prior. I dont want J to publically post his info because I dont need J creating any problems because of this idiot..

Sorry to run on so much, but thats what us ladies do if you guys havent already noticed ... What a way to start a weekend..

Kristin

PS: Normally men in general stick up for their wives. No man wants to hear that their wife is a man. To be honest I know we all like to nag but have seen alot of your women on this site .....They all look great at any age and DON'T LOOK LIKE MEN.

k01harley
09-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Should've let hubby take the ride.The guy deserves an woopin.Definately no man.Maybe hubby can take him some glasses.

Carl C
09-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Kristen, I am also a business owner and that puts us in the public eye more than the average person. You and Jamie much more so than I with all of your advertising and forum posts. Times have changed and there are a lot more crazy, weird and violent people out there. I suspect the call came from someone you or Jamie had contact with through the business or a web site forum. Even though Jamie's posts have always been cordial it's easy to rub some fur the wrong way (that happens a lot!). It could have been a competitor who lost a customer to you, someone who took a post the wrong way or, yes, even a dissatisfied customer.

Long story short, I was followed home a couple years ago by two young men who cased out my home and broke in shortly before I was due home. They intended to ambush and rob me in my own home. They tried twice a few months apart. The first time they gained entry but tripped my home alarm. The second time my German Shepherds scared them off. I leave my dogs in the house a lot more now. I also feed them hamburger mixed in their food now. They earned that!

Please be careful and alert and take measures to protect yourselves from the idiots out there. I would be concerned about the phone call but not for the reasons you mentioned. The call was from someone with a hair up his ass. It may have been a pissed off competitor or customer but it was not a random person who thought you were a man. Take the call seriously but not personally. I'm sure you are not fishing for compliments because you are obviously an attractive and fit woman and the caller knew that. He was trying to upset you and he suceeded so calm down and assess the situation. Take measures to protect yourselves and please continue being the nice, friendly folks I've always known you and Jamie to be on the Donzi Registry. Best wishes to you both.

tmdog
09-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Let's put the shoe on the other foot. If J had rec'd a call and told he looked like a female, J would probably shot back with " go f@#k yourself" and hung up. Why the fuss? The caller attacked your feminity and you are upset. Maybe rightly so. Remember, you elected to exhibit a photo of yourself in public forums and magazines which you did for some unknown reason. Thick skin is required if you intend to be self employed. Personally your actions upset J to the point whereas his safety and business may have been jeopardized over a stupid phone call. Think about it. I hope you have a successful business and when you are in your 60's you'll look back at this incident and realize how trivial it was.:wink:

22zxla
09-08-2007, 08:27 AM
you look all women to me! Have always thought that was a HOT picture! NO reason to get insecure ,for 36 you still got it!

vonkamp
09-08-2007, 09:37 AM
you look all women to me! Have always thought that was a HOT picture! NO reason to get insecure ,for 36 you still got it!

Ditto!

LKSD
09-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Thanks for your support guys. J

LKSD
09-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Kristen, I am also a business owner and that puts us in the public eye more than the average person. You and Jamie much more so than I with all of your advertising and forum posts. Times have changed and there are a lot more crazy, weird and violent people out there. I suspect the call came from someone you or Jamie had contact with through the business or a web site forum. Even though Jamie's posts have always been cordial it's easy to rub some fur the wrong way (that happens a lot!). It could have been a competitor who lost a customer to you, someone who took a post the wrong way or, yes, even a dissatisfied customer.
Long story short, I was followed home a couple years ago by two young men who cased out my home and broke in shortly before I was due home. They intended to ambush and rob me in my own home. They tried twice a few months apart. The first time they gained entry but tripped my home alarm. The second time my German Shepherds scared them off. I leave my dogs in the house a lot more now. I also feed them hamburger mixed in their food now. They earned that!
Please be careful and alert and take measures to protect yourselves from the idiots out there. I would be concerned about the phone call but not for the reasons you mentioned. The call was from someone with a hair up his ass. It may have been a pissed off competitor or customer but it was not a random person who thought you were a man. Take the call seriously but not personally. I'm sure you are not fishing for compliments because you are obviously an attractive and fit woman and the caller knew that. He was trying to upset you and he suceeded so calm down and assess the situation. Take measures to protect yourselves and please continue being the nice, friendly folks I've always known you and Jamie to be on the Donzi Registry. Best wishes to you both.

Carl we thought of some of the same things later last night & this morning.. (great minds think alike I guess.. :) ).. We havent had anyone try to ever break in our place thank god.. We only have an attack Yorkie :D...lol... We are aware that there are wierdos a lot anymore & we both pack heat hecause of it.. Its better safe than sorry cause you never know.. It is sad that some people are like this.. Now my wife is more seriously thinking of getting ADT for the house because she is home alone more than me at night because of my long hours.. After she & I read your post maybe it is not such a bad idea to have it.. Jamie

LKSD
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Let's put the shoe on the other foot. If J had rec'd a call and told he looked like a female, J would probably shot back with " go f@#k yourself" and hung up. Why the fuss? The caller attacked your feminity and you are upset. Maybe rightly so. Remember, you elected to exhibit a photo of yourself in public forums and magazines which you did for some unknown reason. Thick skin is required if you intend to be self employed. Personally your actions upset J to the point whereas his safety and business may have been jeopardized over a stupid phone call. Think about it. I hope you have a successful business and when you are in your 60's you'll look back at this incident and realize how trivial it was.:wink:

We do agree for the most part with you & we do have a pretty thick skin.. You get that after awhile..We usually ignore and laugh at how pathetic some people get in our ever day business. It does go with the territory to a certain point.

However everyone has their breaking point and this guy hit it. We have had other insults regarding my wifes pics and ads. Hell some people think our site is too racey. Personally we don't care. To each their own and if you dont like it don't look.

This guy just went above & beyond being the normal idiot.. So far this guy really took the cake.. He went so far as to then start on me (J) by making vulgar insults & personal threats..

Personally we dont care what that guy thought. If he did & said what he did face to face with me or any of you he would have knocked out & down for the count.. lol.. We arent door mats & if this guy came in our shop he would have been asked to leave & then physically tossed the hell out if he didnt leave. Which unfortunaltey I have had to do once or twice in the last 10 years or so..

:) J

mrfixxall
09-08-2007, 11:56 AM
ADT for the house because she is home alone more than me at night because of my long hours.. After she & I read your post maybe it is not such a bad idea to have it..

JW, i think a lesson with smith & wesson would be more affective then adt's tv ad:wink:

kristin,do you look like a man, HELL NO!!! dont let this piece of **** get to you!:)

LKSD
09-08-2007, 12:10 PM
ADT for the house because she is home alone more than me at night because of my long hours.. After she & I read your post maybe it is not such a bad idea to have it..
JW, i think a lesson with smith & wesson would be more affective then adt's tv ad:wink:
kristin,do you look like a man, HELL NO!!! dont let this piece of **** get to you!:)

Lol... Thanks...

Actually J carries a 40 S&W & I carry a 32.. We take them everywhere.. If you have them you wont need them & If the motto is wrong & you do need it you have it! .... lol.. :D

Actually J now doesnt think it so funny when I answer the door at our house with a gun in hand behind my back if we are not expecting someone.. :D

Kristin..

mrfixxall
09-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Lol... Thanks...
Actually J carries a 40 S&W & I carry a 32.. We take them everywhere.. If you have them you wont need them & If the motto is wrong & you do need it you have it! .... lol.. :D
Actually J now doesnt think it so funny when I answer the door at our house with a gun in hand behind my back if we are not expecting someone.. :D
Kristin..

mabe you can talk j into makig you a trap door on your front porch with a wireless remote,,then you can catch the asshole and j can have his way with him:D

gold-n-rod
09-08-2007, 12:35 PM

I am with tmdog on this one. Good advice.

chappy
09-08-2007, 12:36 PM
It's good to take precautions in your everyday life. Just don't let this clown consume your thought process. Heck, he may be laughing reading all of this based on your exposure as a sponsor of numerous performance boating websites. Bottom line, if you let this incident dictate how you live your life, then this guy won. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. Just my .02. Stay focused on making great custom covers, like the one in my avatar. (Yes everyone, Kristin made my cover)

Rich

BTW-Looking good on the back of that boat Kristin:yes:

LKSD
09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks Chappy & MrFixall...

On a different note Hey CarlC, what is your business?? Remind me not to go into that one.. lol.. Just kidding.. :D Kristin

Donziweasel
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Out of curiosity, what business do you own Carl?

Carl C
09-08-2007, 05:50 PM
we both pack heat hecause of it.. Now my wife is more seriously thinking of getting ADT for the house because she is home alone more than me at night Good for you, packing heat. You don't need a monitored alarm service. You can install a home security from Radio Shack for under $200. That includes control panel, sensors, key pad, sirens, wire and a panic switch. I have three sirens, one in the house just to freak them out. No one will stick around unless you don't have any neighbors.

I am with tmdog on this one. Good advice. Yes, tmdogs answer was great but still be careful just because you are business people. The phone call was probably nothing to worry about.

Thanks Chappy & MrFixall...
On a different note Hey CarlC, what is your business?? Remind me not to go into that one.. lol.. Just kidding.. :D Kristin I have a large booth in the Dixieland Flea Market in Waterford Twp. I sell used video games, CDs, and DVDs mostly. I started nine years ago with a small booth and now have one of the largest booths and probably the most profitable (excuse my modesty) store in the building. Best of all I only work Friday eve and sat and sun. We do draw a lot of poor people and minorities and punks, goths, emos, etc. but crime is not limited to the city. I have made many more friends than enemies in the black communtity and got a lot of info on the robbery attempts off the street.

LKSD
09-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Good for you, packing heat. You don't need a monitored alarm service. You can install a home security from Radio Shack for under $200. That includes control panel, sensors, key pad, sirens, wire and a panic switch. I have three sirens, one in the house just to freak them out. No one will stick around unless you don't have any neighbors.
Yes, tmdogs answer was great but still be careful just because you are business people. The phone call was probably nothing to worry about.
I have a large booth in the Dixieland Flea Market in Waterford Twp. I sell used video games, CDs, and DVDs mostly. I started nine years ago with a small booth and now have one of the largest booths and probably the most profitable (excuse my modesty) store in the building. Best of all I only work Friday eve and sat and sun. We do draw a lot of poor people and minorities and punks, goths, emos, etc. but crime is not limited to the city. I have made many more friends than enemies in the black communtity and got a lot of info on the robbery attempts off the street.

Carl,
I would have never guessed thats what you did.. Pretty interesting.. Also now Kristin & I know one business to stay out of.. lol... We have never had someone try to rob us or jump us like that.. We also have been working on opening a couple of other business.. One of which is web development.. We figured always plan for a rainy day + I ( J ) dont want to have to necessarily rely on beating up my body in a shop environment forever.. Someday it would be nice to retire & go boating... lol..

:) Jamie

LKSD
09-08-2007, 09:08 PM
We do draw a lot of poor people and minorities and punks, goths, emos, etc.

Btw... What the heck is an "emos" ??? I dont recall having heard that one before. :) J

chappy
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
1. Emo

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

Ashamed that I knew that.

Rich

Gearhead99
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
You're looking fine to me.

Be careful of nuts out there. Take care and don't let jerks get to you.

Formula Jr
09-08-2007, 11:28 PM
The internet, the World Wide Web, is not a nice place Kristin, even when people want to stuff an ad into their posts... :)

So you've told people now that you don't have a security system, that your husband has a motive to f#@K a guy over and you just have a yorkie dog... Good for you... Hope the exposure of the business was in balance with all the info. and vulnerabilites you just gave out right down to who carries what and how you answer a door at night.

By the way, you have "Greek Toe." In ancient times this meant you were descended from the Titans and slightly divine...

Carl C
09-09-2007, 06:58 AM
The internet, the World Wide Web, is not a nice place Kristin, even when people want to stuff an ad into their posts... :)

So you've told people now that you don't have a security system, that your husband has a motive to f#@K a guy over and you just have a yorkie dog... Good for you... Hope the exposure of the business was in balance with all the info. and vulnerabilites you just gave out right down to who carries what and how you answer a door at night.

By the way, you have "Greek Toe." In ancient times this meant you were descended from the Titans and slightly divine... Ah, but we also know that both Kristen & Jamie carry and I'm sure they will take my advice and look into security equipment from Radio Shack or go with ADT. Do not wait untill something happens, take measures now. They were not able to get to me because I was prepared. Being robbed and tied up in my own home would have really screwed me up and that's all I'll say about that on a public forum. I have four cameras and a DVR at my store. Thanks Chappy, I could never have described emo so well! I do not live in the city but the flea market draws from nearby cities btw. In todays retail environment you take what you can get so we cater to Mexicans and we make "misfits" feel welcome. If you take the time to talk to them you will find that sometimes the wildest looking kids are really nice young people. This is getting off track though. Don't sweat the phone call. tmdog is right, it's nothing.

LKSD
09-09-2007, 02:15 PM

By the way, you have "Greek Toe." In ancient times this meant you were descended from the Titans and slightly divine...

Im sure you didnt mean anything malicous to us by your post, but very interesting perspective considering.

Neither myself nor my wife ever said that we EVER had any motive to FU@# a person over. He threatened me bodily harm and getting vulgar because of my wifes pic, NOT business....I thought it was pretty ballsy for someone to do such a thing. If anyone on this site was in our shoes at that time you would have done the same thing or worse. It had nothing to do with having or owning a business. It was just an attack on my wife. Which no man would appreciate. He did not care of about my business. He just went off about my wife being a man with cellulite among other things. However I found it to be funny that if she was a man ....men don't get cellulite.

We are use to putting up with alot of BS being in business 10years. It goes with the territory. We are never doormats. However everyone has their breaking point at some point with certain people and circumstances. I (J) had felt like taking a drive to straighten it out.. Like I would waste my time on such a loser. I am not Tony Soprano and if I were I would have someone else do my dirty work. LOL

I never spoke to this guy in my life, nor did kristin. The guy was just an idiot. MY wife had told him to F off..

As far as vuneralbilities, we are fully aware of them especially on the web. There is good and bad in everyting. However you dont need to be on the web or active on the internet to have any vuneralbilities. On the internet you can find out peoples private info like bank accounts & balances, mortgages, credit, ssn# & much more personal info. You dont even need to have ever posted anything.

ALso I am not complaining about the Internet, We are both well aware of how it operates & what can happen.. Actually if you really knew us you would know how much about it I really do know..

FYI I built my own site as well as some others & I am in the middle of also opening up another buisiness that just does web development among other business.

:) J

LKSD
09-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Ah, but we also know that both Kristen & Jamie carry and I'm sure they will take my advice and look into security equipment from Radio Shack or go with ADT. Do not wait untill something happens, take measures now. They were not able to get to me because I was prepared. Being robbed and tied up in my own home would have really screwed me up and that's all I'll say about that on a public forum. I have four cameras and a DVR at my store. Thanks Chappy, I could never have described emo so well! I do not live in the city but the flea market draws from nearby cities btw. In todays retail environment you take what you can get so we cater to Mexicans and we make "misfits" feel welcome. If you take the time to talk to them you will find that sometimes the wildest looking kids are really nice young people. This is getting off track though. Don't sweat the phone call. tmdog is right, it's nothing.

Carl, my friend.. You are correct again.. :yes:.. We actually were taking care of that today & had plans to do that before this ever happened. Actually we were going to do it because of how some of the world has gotten, it actually had nothing to do with the business or customers (at least to date knock on wood) :).. Mainly it had to do with riff raff spreading everywhere & people hitting nicer neighborhoods to rob houses for drug money & sometimes raping or killing over it.. We always felt it has been better to be safe than sorry.. Actually my wife & I grew up with fire arms growing up, my wife & I both have carried since we were 21.. A long time before we ever even thought of having a business..

My wife mainly carried because she would excercise/ jog on isolated dirt roads at times or go shopping late at night sometimes.. We always felt that one way to keep from ever being a victim is to just take some basic preventative measures.

However On a lighter note one thing that doesnt help is that no one would probably notice the gun when she goes to the door. Usually my wife when she is home is usually in somethin on the skimpy side. However You would think I would get more "action" around the house with this kind of behavior....NOT! :pimp::yes:

I am glad to see that you too share our mindset along with many others.. J

LKSD
09-09-2007, 02:44 PM
1. Emo
Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.
Ashamed that I knew that.
Rich

Thanks....Glad we don't know anyone like that. You know you are getting old when you are out of touch with these new words. Actually I am kinda glad i did not know this one. :propeller:J

When I asked my wife if she knew she said it was an animal....I said Oh God that is an Emu. I knew I should not have asked her that one. Sometimes she does surprise me on some weird sh*&.

For example. I was reading something once and they were taking about being 420 friendly. I thought it had something to do with a retro CB handle. My wife said no it means you like pot...She knew this because she has some friends that are correctional officers and police officers that told her what it meant.

BigGrizzly
09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
To answer your question, You do not look like a man, and not enough make up to be a transvestite. II however am with Tmdog. What you should have done like my wife does with these calls, She says "Yes would like the doctors name and a referral". This leaves no come back. As for you stopping JW from driving up there Good move, Aggravated assault mean anything to you. Your business is more important than the phone call. If you think this is abuse and harassment go to a launch ramp and listen to bass boaters yelling at their wives in public.

chappy
09-09-2007, 09:43 PM
If you think this is abuse and harassment go to a launch ramp and listen to bass boaters yelling at their wives in public.

That's too funny Randy.:biggrin.:

Rich

VetteLT193
09-10-2007, 07:10 AM
I've said this before, and will say it again.

There is no lowest common denominator for stupid.

Don't worry about some idiot who calls you like that. And as said before, protect yourself.

Carl C
09-10-2007, 07:29 AM
1. 4:20 PM is the time everyone is to stop what they are doing and light up a joint.

2. Unlike car alarms, audible home alarms still draw attention because they are rare and louder. I told all of my neighbors about my trouble and to please call the police if they hear my alarm. Automatic police dialers are not allowed in my community.

3. IMO the phone call was a random prank call.

LKSD
09-10-2007, 07:52 AM
To answer your question, You do not look like a man, and not enough make up to be a transvestite. II however am with Tmdog. What you should have done like my wife does with these calls, She says "Yes would like the doctors name and a referral". This leaves no come back. As for you stopping JW from driving up there Good move, Aggravated assault mean anything to you. Your business is more important than the phone call. If you think this is abuse and harassment go to a launch ramp and listen to bass boaters yelling at their wives in public.

lol.. My wife said thing last night... As far as your other points, true & considered.. Although as a guy no one likes their wife insulted, as it is also an insult to them.. Just sometimes some wackos make you get more excited than others & think some stupid things for a few moment.. :yes:

chappy
09-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Carl,

You may want to re-read posts #3 and #30.:wavey:

Rich

gold-n-rod
09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
One more suggestion. Go back and delete the reference to your wife cavorting around the house in a state of undress and covering up to answer the door.

The 'net is a very public place and you are providing the world with TMI.

You worry about some random wacko out there, yet the info you have published only fuels the fire. :bonk:

2 more of my cents.

LKSD
09-10-2007, 08:23 AM
One more suggestion. Go back and delete the reference to your wife cavorting around the house in a state of undress and covering up to answer the door.
The 'net is a very public place and you are providing the world with TMI.
You worry about some random wacko out there, yet the info you have published only fuels the fire. :bonk:
2 more of my cents.

Thanks for the advice. I do understand what your saying. Getting me to listen is another thing. :) LOL However I was the one that put that paragraph in the post Jay put up.. Me Kristin. He was right next to me.

To be honest it does not bother me. :eek!: I feel that everyone knows everyones business even without the internet. God it amazes me at times what people know. Anyway, we did alter it a bit though... Or should I say Jay did.:) We dont mind people knowing things about our lives ... I am a very open person and always will be. Maybe too open at times but that is just me. If you ever had the chance to meet me you would totally understand.:) Everyone is allowed 1 flaw....Yeah right Jay can think of more then 1 with me...LOL

To be honest there will be wackos in my opinion no matter what you do unfortunately. :) To be honest I know I will never change...at least not by much. I guess you cant teach this old dog new tricks. LOL :) I like to walk on the wild side and try to live life to the fullest. Kristin

Carl C
09-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Carl,
You may want to re-read posts #3 and #30.:wavey:
Rich If you mean my flip-flop on the phone call, after following this thread and tmdogs most excellent answer I now think the call was just a random prank by someone who saw the ad. Is that what you meant? People, especially business people who carry cash, still must take measures to protect themselves these days.

chappy
09-10-2007, 09:40 AM
If you mean my flip-flop on the phone call, after following this thread and tmdogs most excellent answer I now think the call was just a random prank by someone who saw the ad. Is that what you meant? People, especially business people who carry cash, still must take measures to protect themselves these days.

Yes, that is what I meant. Just looking out for you and didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Rich

roadtrip se
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM

This pretty much sums it up. Thanks TMDog.

As for packing heat, alarm systems, attack dogs, dishing out a case of Soprano-style justice, and the whole world is out to get me paranoia crap... please give it a rest.

If you hang it out there for all to see, then expect to have the occassional wack job react in a way that may not be entirely pleasing to you. I would think that you both believe that the attention grabbing aspects of these ads have a more positive impact on your business, than the occassional down side.

Now please stop, before I start looking behind me for the bogey-man every three seconds. This stuff gives me the creaps!

Carl C
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Todd, I'm sorry if you are offended by it but this is not paranoia:

chappy
09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Carl,

Where did you find that photo, that's hysterical.:shades:

Rich

LKSD
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Carl,
Rich

I agree.. :D Jamie

Carl C
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Carl,
Rich I just went outside and snapped it. The first time I fixed the window, the second time I did not. It serves as a reminder for me to never let my guard down. I did paint over the graphic warning for the sake of my neighbors and I guess some day I'll fix the window. I don't think it would have been very funny if I'd have ended up tied up with a bullet in my head. I don't think anyone means to be offensive or make fun about this but I am a little too emotionally connected to this topic and I think I'm done with this thread.

LKSD
09-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I just went outside and snapped it. The first time I fixed the window, the second time I did not. It serves as a reminder for me to never let my guard down. I did paint over the graphic warning for the sake of my neighbors and I guess some day I'll fix the window. I don't think it would have been very funny if I'd have ended up tied up with a bullet in my head. I don't think anyone means to be offensive or make fun about this but I am a little too emotionally connected to this topic and I think I'm done with this thread.

Agreed & well said. I think We are hopefully done as well. :) Some people can relate & understand better than others. Also everyone will have thier own view & opinon on the issue/subject.. I dont personally think there is any right or wrong view on dealing with these types of things, it is more of a personal feeling & preference. Everyone will have thier own way of dealing with things like this. :yes: :) Jamie

chappy
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I just went outside and snapped it. The first time I fixed the window, the second time I did not. It serves as a reminder for me to never let my guard down. I did paint over the graphic warning for the sake of my neighbors and I guess some day I'll fix the window. I don't think it would have been very funny if I'd have ended up tied up with a bullet in my head. I don't think anyone means to be offensive or make fun about this but I am a little too emotionally connected to this topic and I think I'm done with this thread.

Sorry Carl, I was unaware you had numerous break ins. Had you told us that photo was of your house, I wouldn't have found it amusing.

Rich

LKSD
09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Sorry Carl, I was unaware you had numerous break ins. Had you told us that photo was of your house, I wouldn't have found it amusing.
Rich

Tru,,, The pic is funny, the breakins are not.. I too did not realize it was actually your house! :eek!: Jamie

roadtrip se
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
What do break-ins, guns, attack dogs, and crime have to do with a nut cake calling to insult someone's wife and her appearance in a banner ad?

Sorry if I can't find a way to choke up some compassion for this schizophrenic, negative, and the world is making me into its one and only victim persecution drivel...

I too, have been the victim of senseless crime in the past. Instead of making my house into a bunker, living with dogs that could tear my nephews to pieces, and investing in a cadre of weapons that could be just as easily taken from my hands and used on me; I chose to be careful and live my life knowing that the odds of this kind of thing happening to me on a regular basis are minimal.

If I have offended anyone here by my comments, it wasn't my intent, but I simply refuse to let the bad guys win by taking over how I think.
Maybe delusional to some, but the glass will always be half full for me, always.

Rootsy
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Paranoia gets you killed... mental and physical preparedness keeps you alive. There is a significant difference... This is a very serious subject for which many take for granted.

Answering a door with a weapon drawn behind your back is Paranoia and if brandished, very easily could land you behind bars... But then again so could traveling to kick someone's ass for making a phone call...

I hope I don't come off the wrong way but this is a subject which I have very strong, cut and dry feelings about. Firearms owners are looked down upon by a large segment of the population and have enough negative press as it is... Irresponsible firearms owners only add fuel to that fire, especially when put out there in the public domain for all to read.

Please, take the high road...

Remember, sticks and stone.... but names will never hurt ya...

LKSD
09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I do agree the thread got side tracked. Oh well sh&# happens.

I am still amazed how words are being put in our mouth. To each their own and how they want to live....Guns no guns, pyscho or not. Whether we are guilty or not I guess some feel we fall into the category of both (gun crazed & Psychos looking for reasons to pi$$ off or harm others). LOL :propeller To be honest we dont know where all these "stretched thoughts/acusations" are coming from. :) Obviously we all know I (Kristin) was called worse.. Hell they did not even get my sex right. LOL :) :) The post was not even about this. Aparently you cant even laugh at yourself anymore especially when you have a post that got off the point.

I think people get a little too upset if a post gets sidetracked for whatever reason. We did not even sidetrack the post .....We just went with the flow.

However I still don't get where people are getting the rumor where Jay was going to take a ride to beat him up. The ass^%$ threatened to come & do J & I bodily harm just because he didnt like how I (Kristin) looked in an ad. We were both joking that he would take a ride.

To be honest this thread was posted basically because we just could not believe how some people have nothing better to do with their lives. Yeah I was irritated but we laughed about what an ass he was. I put the post up more from a HUMOUROUS :)aspect. Thought people would get a kick how way out some people are. He was by far the worst idiot we have come across to date....

Man I thought I over analyzed things. But man. The post was meant to be light hearted. To be honest this post is getting too off track from the truth and it is becoming draining. Let it go where it may...........

Kristin:propeller: & Jamie (I typed he listened while I posted this)

RedDog
09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I think you photo looks great!

And some of the comments you may be taking wrong - they may well have been directed toward some of the other posters and their thoughts. I think everyone on this board would have your backside on this issue.

I don't blame you for being upset about the jerk.

LKSD
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I think you photo looks great!
And some of the comments you may be taking wrong - they may well have been directed toward some of the other posters and their thoughts. I think everyone on this board would have your backside on this issue.
I don't blame you for being upset about the jerk.

Thanks ....for your understanding and I am sure you could be right with people misunderstanding each other. It is hard to tell when your not face to face with someone how then mean it. k&J

SilverBack
04-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Jamie,
I just ran across this thread. That was terrible!! I hope that has not happened again!

Are you guys coming to AOTH? Are you going to bring your ZX?

LKSD
04-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Jamie,
I just ran across this thread. That was terrible!! I hope that has not happened again!

Are you guys coming to AOTH? Are you going to bring your ZX?

Obviously would love too. I think it is in May sometime???? We are too busy..... Between our current business and 2 other businesses we are in the process to open.

We just took our boat out yesterday for a frostbite ride and prop testing. It was about 45 before wind chill at high speeds. We came off the boat like we were laying out in florida. :wink: That is probably the closest we are going to get like we were in florida these days. LOL :smash: I took some pics on how silly Jay looked. Hopefully I will get a chance to post them.

Kristin...:propeller:

The Hedgehog
04-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow, that is some wild stuff.

I don't have to look at any more than pics to know that the guy in Rochester does not know a thing about women:smash: He is about 180 degrees off

As one that is somwhat of a qualified expert on the subject (women that is, but not emotionally), I might be able to suggest a few sights that he may want to check out so he could bone up on the subject.

Perhaps he should come down here to Tn and spread some of the joy around to see how it works out for him. I know what would happento him down in Bama and probably Mississip too!

LKSD
04-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow, that is some wild stuff.
I don't have to look at any more than pics to know that the guy in Rochester does not know a thing about women:smash: He is about 180 degrees off
As one that is somwhat of a qualified expert on the subject (women that is, but not emotionally), I might be able to suggest a few sights that he may want to check out so he could bone up on the subject.
Perhaps he should come down here to Tn and spread some of the joy around to see how it works out for him. I know what would happento him down in Bama and probably Mississip too!

Yes, those southern boys think alot like us.. If he said that chit to their wife they may very well introduce someone like that to a costume party that is held around a large tree.. :D J

roadtrip se
04-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes, those southern boys think alot like us.. If he said that chit to their wife they may very well introduce someone like that to a costume party that is held around a large tree.. :D J

Are you suggesting a lynch mob, because somebody insulted your wife? Have you thought about the racial implications of your statments, or does that really matter?

Last time I checked the Civil War, common decency, and social progress made this kind of thinking unacceptable.

LKSD
04-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Are you suggesting a lynch mob, because somebody insulted your wife? Have you thought about the racial implications of your statments, or does that really matter?
Last time I checked the Civil War, common decency, and social progress made this kind of thinking unacceptable.

:doh:

YES I AM.................. However I said it as a sarcastic over the top type of NON serious type of thing..

It was not made as a racial statement as I am NOT a racist.. To be honest my immediate family and extended is comprised of many different races & religions from all over the place. There has never been any racial problems in our family. I guess having diverse family that can talk or joke about things without easily being offended keeps ones mind more open. And yes I get my fair share of being teased where some may find it racist. HOWEVER, I admit, I am a smart ass and a bit over the top at times, as are others...

This topic was (or so I thought) done & over a long time ago already..

I have thought about my implications, however I didnt think that some of you would be so touchy, non-understanding and insensitive to others.. But life is full of supprises :eek:

I guess if it is someone elses wife some of you can be politically correct.. :angel:

Im sorry, I am not just the type of guy that just will sit there & take it when someone insults and threatens my wife & I with harm..

If my wife can be insulted by someone and we can be threatened, but I cant make a non politically correct joke, Or a joke that may not be understood by everyone then EXCUSE ME..!.

Quite frankly I am a bit sick of some of the "holy'er than thou" attitudes at times about some stuff. And yes I grew up in a strict church going family, and I went to church on sundays and to a catholic school. I bite my tounge at times, but this is a bit silly already..

Also if you would have bothered to know about the full story, there were threats made to us at the time of the insult.. This wasnt just over a "hey your wife is not pretty" being said.. If it was, nothing would have been said..

Some people are sheep & will do nothing. I am not a do nothing type of guy.. But thats me..

I really dont give a hoot if everyone likes me or not because of speaking my mind.. I AM happy being me..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions as are you.. I hope your wife is never insulted & threatend in the same fashion.. Good day...........

Jamie

The Hedgehog
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM

I kind of get a kick out of what Jamie said. I have a few friends from his neck of the woods and they would concurr.

I am a southern guy. A real one from the deep south. I grew up in a real southern town that has serious racial issues (Selma, Alabama). I get a real kick when folks that are not from my parts try to relate to "The Southern Thing" try to understand "racial implications," and bring up the Civil War. If you are not really from here then you will never truely get it. I grew up hearing people that talk of the war (The war of northern aggression). I have seen both social progress and some things you would not comprehend. I have friends of all races and nationalities. I know lot's of fine people from both the South and the North. I have the best of friends from both sides. Most of them would rally the troops and teach that guy a lesson:hangum:!!!!

There are times you don't sink to one's level and times you got to go there to teach a lesson!:smash:

SilverBack
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Jamie,

I think people always think the wrong thing about MS and the south. I have never known anybody that would dress up in a sheet. If I did I would have nothing to do with them. We always get a bad rap in the south.

Now..With that being said....In rural MS we don't wait on anyone to come and save us or help us out. During Hurricane Katrina I had 3 trees on my house and my lights were out for 3 and a half weeks. The government didn't help us one bit. No one that I know that are friends of mine was waiting on them to help us. I didn't and haven't gotten one dime from the Gov. I got a chainsaw cut my way down the street. Found a place to buy a generator and waited 16 hours in line to get it. I had to pay $2098 for a Honda generator and was glad to be able to get it. I bought one for an elderly man that lives down the street that was right in the middle of Chemo treatments at the time that was burning up from the effects. I had to wait in line for hours each day to find and get gas to run his and my generator. The government didn't help me one little bit. Then the people from New Orleans showed up and started car jacking and robbing in small town MS. It didn't take them long to figure out that around here everyone has a gun and more than one. We know how to use them and we mean what we say and say what we mean even if people can't understand us sometimes. Our wives know how to use the guns as good as or better than we do. We look out for our neighbors and we know who our neighbors are. After a few New Orleans crooks got sent home to the "Projects in the sky" or wherever they went they saw that crime does not pay in this part of the world. It is so funny that the storm hit MS and all you hear about are the people in N.O. They waited on the Goverment and we didn't!!

We don't leave our doors unlocked as much any more. We still keep out Bibles and our guns on our night stands. And we are prepared to use them. They are not for show. The kids grow up around this and they respect both of them.

We don't wear sheets down here and we don't put up with too much $hit either. We just like to live and be left alone. If I get in a jam ...It will be me or my family or church that will get me out not the Government or some gang of thugs!

As far as the guy in NY. People talk! Smart people talk and kooks talk. It is up to you to listen to the ones that need listening to and ignore the ones that don't!

LKSD
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I kind of get a kick out of what Jamie said. I have a few friends from his neck of the woods and they would concurr.
I am a southern guy. A real one from the deep south. I grew up in a real southern town that has serious racial issues (Selma, Alabama). I get a real kick when folks that are not from my parts try to relate to "The Southern Thing" try to understand "racial implications," and bring up the Civil War. If you are not really from here then you will never truely get it. I grew up hearing people that talk of the war (The war of northern aggression). I have seen both social progress and some things you would not comprehend. I have friends of all races and nationalities. I know lot's of fine people from both the South and the North. I have the best of friends from both sides. Most of them would rally the troops and teach that guy a lesson:hangum:!!!!
There are times you don't sink to one's level and times you got to go there to teach a lesson!:smash:

Thanks.. :) Jamie

SilverBack
04-08-2008, 09:02 PM
BTW..Jamie I wasn't trying to blast you ...it is just the lynching thing got me going a little bit. I don't know if anyone knows this but there have been white people lynched I am quite sure. What is up with all of this racial stuff and PC??? Jamie did not say anything about race. If Jamie shouldn't get worked up about his wife being directly slandered ...maybe whoever thinks that there.."MAY" be racial overtones should not jump up and get mad when nobody said anything about race creeds or color. I am so sick of this crap and I am really sick of it being a one way street. If Obama was white and HIS pastor Rev. Wright was white and said exactly the opposite thing the race would be over and he would have probably have had to resign the Senate by now. Get real with this looking for racism everywhere and worrying about whose feelings got hurt!!

LKSD
04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
BTW..Jamie I wasn't trying to blast you ...it is just the lynching thing got me going a little bit. I don't know if anyone knows this but there have been white people lynched I am quite sure. What is up with all of this racial stuff and PC??? Jamie did not say anything about race. If Jamie shouldn't get worked up about his wife being directly slandered ...maybe whoever thinks that there.."MAY" be racial overtones should not jump up and get mad when nobody said anything about race creeds or color. I am so sick of this crap and I am really sick of it being a one way street. If Obama was white and HIS pastor Rev. Wright was white and said exactly the opposite thing the race would be over and he would have probably have had to resign the Senate by now. Get real with this looking for racism everywhere and worrying about whose feelings got hurt!!

We totally agree. To be honest I have no clue were this crap is coming from....:eek!: I just looked at the post...All over someone not liking my pic.. etc.... I am not going to rehash the post from months ago. That was a headache in itself then.:shocking: I have no clue how this post turned into gun control, locking houses, racism...To be honest we don't want to be any part of this bullsh&*!!!! KRISTIN & (J)

PS: I guess it is okay for others to joke as long as it is not us.. For example Bill was joking as well and knew that we were not serious as well as you. I cant imagine anyone who would seriously mean any of this nonsense part of the thread.....To be honest I dont see what the big deal is once again over this.... KRISTIN & (J)

SilverBack
04-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I agree totaly!! I am sorry for bringing it back up but it was new to me when I ran across the tread and just wated to tell you that you have my support! Whatever that is worth!!!:bonk: For the record ...I have never seen anybody that looked like a man in one of Lakesides ads. As far as taking up for yourself..Take care of biz and let the legal and PC stuff work itself out after the fact.

LKSD
04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I agree totaly!! I am sorry for bringing it back up but it was new to me when I ran across the tread and just wated to tell you that you have my support! Whatever that is worth!!!:bonk: For the record ...I have never seen anybody that looked like a man in one of Lakesides ads. As far as taking up for yourself..Take care of biz and let the legal and PC stuff work itself out after the fact.

Don't sweat it...:wink: How would you have known. :smash: As far as the legal and PC part. I am usually the one who is very careful with all that ....I have a talent for multi tasking and worrying about a zillion things at one time. Actualy my background is in law...That is what I did before I quit my job to bless Jay with my presence at the shop. LOL :propeller: Lucky him....I remind him everyday of that...LOL:angel: Kristin

roadtrip se
04-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Okay, I see the point now. It is okay to laugh at an inference about the Klu Klux Klan aka "costume party" preparing for a lynching aka "around a large tree" if you are from the South, self reliant, and keep a Bible and and a gun around.

Sorry guys, I spent sixteen years in the South. I do get the North versus South thing, and call me "holier than thou" but there really isn't anything funny at all about this, North or South. Just a dumb, clumsy, and thoughtless attempt at some good old boy humor.

LKSD
04-09-2008, 08:19 AM
No problem..Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess our posts offended each other this time around for different reasons.....:eek!:

Hopefully our next "discussion" wont be as upsetting to us and others...

Catch you later...:propeller:
Jay & Kristin

The Hedgehog
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Okay, I see the point now. It is okay to laugh at an inference about the Klu Klux Klan aka "costume party" preparing for a lynching aka "around a large tree" if you are from the South, self reliant, and keep a Bible and and a gun around.
Sorry guys, I spent sixteen years in the South. I do get the North versus South thing, and call me "holier than thou" but there really isn't anything funny at all about this, North or South. Just a dumb, clumsy, and thoughtless attempt at some good old boy humor.

Wow, that's good to know. I thought that you were being serious. Once you brought up the whole Civil war and progress thing, I did not know that you were kidding.

I would agree that there is nothing funny at all about the whole insult thing. On the other hand, I can relate to Jamie's wants to "straighten things out personally." Frankly, I would too. If I was there when it happened I would still want to even though I have never personally met Kristin in person. I can't stand a lady being insulted whether it is my wife or someone else's.

I doubt either of us would actually start a real lynch mod scene (and I am guessing could probably do just fine on our own)but we were both concurring about how the good ole boys from both of our parts of the country would respond and how that type of behavior toward a lady is generally not tolerated.

What part of the south?

LKSD
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Thank you..

Exactly... I wasn't happy about what had happened to us & I was just making some exaggerated twisted humor out of the thing..

boxy
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
This thread is the Keith Richards of Donzi.net.....
It just won't die.....:smash::smash:

LKSD
04-09-2008, 11:43 AM
This thread is the Keith Richards of Donzi.net.....
It just won't die.....:smash::smash:

You got that right... LOL :eek!:That is funny! :propeller:... Kristin

roadtrip se
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
like "Dawn of the Dead" or "Little Shop of Horrors"...

So what else can we dig up out of the archives?

boxy
04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
LOL, KR is better preserved...

There is a great article on KR in this month's GQ ...... Allegedly... :D :D

roadtrip se
04-10-2008, 10:09 PM
tired, old, and worn out thread.

Now, THAT, is comedy....

Whomever it was, I will wear the scarlet badge of your red rep point ding with pride and honor and I thank you from the deepness of my cold, calculating, "holier than thou heart"....

Thank you, thank you very much.... and to quote Donzi Weasel, bite me.

:welcome:

LKSD
04-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Now, THAT, is comedy....
Whomever it was, I will wear the scarlet badge of your red rep point ding with pride and honor and I thank you from the deepness of my cold, calculating, "holier than thou heart"....

It is obvious I didn't like the comment you made a few days ago, but it's water under the bridge.. :)

I can assure you I did NOT detract from your rep points.. To me They are silly anyway & I could care less as to someones rep points.. That is not how I judge a person anyway.. Sometimes people will say something that others disagree with (we both know this).. This in my opinion doesn't alone make a persons reputation bad.. To me the rep points are like wooden nickels (useless), also for some reason mine never update anyway.. When I hover over mine it shows 20 positive, but it doesn't show that on the screen.. I asked Scot months ago why it doesnt always work, he said he didnt know. He thought it was a glitch.. He said his version of Vbulletin had it in there like that already..? :)

Again I didnt bust ya.. I dont know who did, but dont sweat it.. It's only a # anyway, its not who you are.. Especially because of a silly thread or bad day.. ;) :) Jamie

wrussellw
04-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Jamie,

I think people always think the wrong thing about MS and the south. I have never known anybody that would dress up in a sheet. If I did I would have nothing to do with them. We always get a bad rap in the south.

Now..With that being said....In rural MS we don't wait on anyone to come and save us or help us out. During Hurricane Katrina I had 3 trees on my house and my lights were out for 3 and a half weeks. The government didn't help us one bit. No one that I know that are friends of mine was waiting on them to help us. I didn't and haven't gotten one dime from the Gov. I got a chainsaw cut my way down the street. Found a place to buy a generator and waited 16 hours in line to get it. I had to pay $2098 for a Honda generator and was glad to be able to get it. I bought one for an elderly man that lives down the street that was right in the middle of Chemo treatments at the time that was burning up from the effects. I had to wait in line for hours each day to find and get gas to run his and my generator. The government didn't help me one little bit. Then the people from New Orleans showed up and started car jacking and robbing in small town MS. It didn't take them long to figure out that around here everyone has a gun and more than one. We know how to use them and we mean what we say and say what we mean even if people can't understand us sometimes. Our wives know how to use the guns as good as or better than we do. We look out for our neighbors and we know who our neighbors are. After a few New Orleans crooks got sent home to the "Projects in the sky" or wherever they went they saw that crime does not pay in this part of the world. It is so funny that the storm hit MS and all you hear about are the people in N.O. They waited on the Goverment and we didn't!!

We don't leave our doors unlocked as much any more. We still keep out Bibles and our guns on our night stands. And we are prepared to use them. They are not for show. The kids grow up around this and they respect both of them.

We don't wear sheets down here and we don't put up with too much $hit either. We just like to live and be left alone. If I get in a jam ...It will be me or my family or church that will get me out not the Government or some gang of thugs!

As far as the guy in NY. People talk! Smart people talk and kooks talk. It is up to you to listen to the ones that need listening to and ignore the ones that don't!

Hmm... Being from New Orleans I can say
1. Never stole anything from anybody from MS.
2. Never received a dime from Uncle Sam.
3. Paid for my own generator and fuel.
4. Donated money and worked for Habitat for Humanity in Pass Christian MS.
5. Have employees and friends of all race, color, creed and religion.
6. AND have never left the house wearing a bed sheet.:eek!:

The Hedgehog
04-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Now, THAT, is comedy....

I did not bust ya either. I see that you lived in Texas. I will agree that is part of the South.

As far as getting the whole North/South thing? I don't think so or you would not have made a race card implication when Jamie and I were playing around with the whole lynch mob thing. I am not really sure how that became racial.

I doubt any of us really believes that the whole lynch mob concept is a viable means of justice. As far as being racial, I don't really get that. Lynch mobs were used on witches, traitors, rapists and even carpet baggers.

Tony
04-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Lynch mobs were used on witches, traitors, rapists and even carpet baggers.

I probably shouldn't jump in here, but this is some shaky rationale.
The above offenders would likely be targeted by vigilantes. Lynch mobs hung blacks.

The Hedgehog
04-15-2008, 10:44 PM
I probably shouldn't jump in here, but this is some shaky rationale.
The above offenders would likely be targeted by vigilantes. Lynch mobs hung blacks.

I am a little confused here. I will recap the recent events:

1. Keith found a thread that addressed the dishonor of a fellow board member's wife

2. He disagreed with the ideals and commiserated with Jamie. He was just being a nice guy! No problem there

3. Then Jamie and I had had a casual interaction comparing the similarities of the good ole boys from both sides of the Mason Dixon line. We agreed that neither cared for the degradation of women.

4. Then RoadTrip SE attempted to make a racial issue out of the whole thing (I guess that he favors the the guys that insulted Jamie's wife).

5. Then Roadtrip SE started whining that he was targeted as a negative reputation (I guess that he should have stayed out if he did not want that).

6. Then RoadTrip said we should "Bite Me!" Kind of a balsy statement if you ask me. My normal response would be the classic Ron Jeremy response "Feast on this!" but I kept that to myself.

Now you are making sweeping generalities. Don't get me wrong, I am having fun with this whole thing but am struggling with your logic. One thing I can tell you is that you obviously no nothing about the Deep South. I am not defending either side and think that merits exist both ways but you are way off base.