PDA

View Full Version : Harley Racing Stripes

Marlin275
09-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Best looking motorcycle I have ever seen!
All I can say is WOW!!!
Is it black enough!
The Night Rod Special.
And with racing stripes too.
It’s longer, lower and meaner looking than anything else out there.
It’s the closest thing to a road legal drag bike without the wheelie bar fitted.

Read this review:
This is a versatile bike that does all things very well. It needs to be viewed and reviewed as a unique bike rather than comparing it to sport bikes or heavy cruisers. It cruises around town with ease and can get beastly above 6000rpm yet remains very smooth. It's not the fastest but sure as hell ain't slow, it'll propel that 600 some pounds in an instant and at 120hp it's very respectable. It handles and corners very well for a big bike and long wheelbase. No not like a Buell or an Agusta but make a few adjustments to your mindset and it will do all most riders need it to do and then some. After 3000 miles one thing is certain, a weekend or short ride can not give a rider the feel for this bike. I kept learning about it for 1000 miles or so. The versatility that comes from 10,000 rpms and a very sweet 5 speed tranny, the long wheelbase and stability, the low slung frame, and raked front end all have their attributes. It's an awesome combination and a perfect street bike. Speed - Smoothness - Comfort - Handling.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/review_detail.asp?rv=52777&veh=38798

k01harley
09-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah,and it's made in America!!!Sweat bike.(Night Train,no stripes).Ride her hard.

BUIZILLA
09-08-2007, 07:05 AM
great bikes....

as long as your going straight....

chappy
09-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Very nice ride, I rode an '06 Screamin' Eagle V-Rod last November, good solid bike. I hope the local dealership gets one of these in to see in person.:newzealand:

Rich

zelatore
09-08-2007, 07:37 PM
great bikes....
as long as your going straight....

ROF!

Seriously though, I spend a lot of time making fun of the whole Hardly-Ableson thing...after all, who'd want an over-weight, under-powered, poor-handing, over-priced bike? Then when I go on vacation I usually end up renting one since they are by far the most commonly available ride on the rental market. And every time, I come home and think 'hmmm...you know, I wonder what I could get a Road King for...?'

But then I wouldn't be able to crack Harley jokes, right?

Now, if they'd just do a street-fighter version of the upcoming 1125, the Motor Company might just get me off my Speed Triple. Maybe.

Ed Donnelly
09-08-2007, 08:14 PM
God bless the Canadian dollar..I paid more for my 2000 FXST than what they are asking for this Vrod... We are nearly par:yes:......Ed

VetteLT193
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm still waiting for a Road King to get that engine... Make for one heck of a cruiser.

Zelatore: you can laugh at me on my overweight, underpowered Harley all you want... But, after 500 miles my Wife and I can get off and still walk upright. LOL

I wish I had pics of Sturgis/Yellowstone handy. Nothing beat that trip for us:wink:

zelatore
09-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Vette, I didn't mean to be insulting or imply that I laugh at the Harely crowd. (well, not to their faces, anyway :wink:) I meant my comments to come accross as saying there's a place for everything. Basically, on paper, Harleys look like a write-off for the reasons I mentioned above. Then when I actually get out and ride one I start to realize it's just a different sort of animal and there are a few things Harely does very well. Fit and finish, attention to detail, and just plain getting the 'look' right do count for something. Sure, the first few miles are always hard, what with the floorboards throwing sparks every time you lean over more than 10 degrees, but eventually you settle in and everything sort of falls into place. It's a much more relaxed, 'smell the roses' sort of riding.

And yeah, I wouldn't want to do 500 mile days on my S3. Last year I did a 3 day, 1000 mile tour and that was about all I needed on that bike. My neck and knees were starting to say 'enough' by the 3rd day. Of course, by the same token I'd never want to do the mountain passes on a big cruiser where I couldn't enjoyed the roads, so it was definatly worth it.

(that's why they make things like the Concour 1400 and FJR1300-not exactly a sport bike but fun and comfy)

Poodle, what classes are your friends looking to contest? AMA superbike? I believe they just bumped the twin displacement limit to 1200 to accomodate the Ducks and the 1125. Should add some spice to the standard inline-4s, even if it'll still be a Yosh/Suzuki walk-over. (I'm so sick of those guys)