PDA

View Full Version : 1987 22 Classic 0 hour 500HP Big Block

VetteLT193
09-07-2007, 07:57 AM
My brother asked me to post his boat for sale. I can't get pictures of it until next weekend. He is currently in the Keys and the Boat is in Pensacola getting the motor installed.

The boat was totally redone a few years ago (approx. 2001). At that time the dash and all original gauges were pulled and replaced with a white dash plate with white Gaffrig (by Livorsi) gauges with red bezels. No expense spared including a liquid speedo, all new white switches, etc. New Candy striped (red/white) interior was installed, the boat was totally repainted with Awlgrip (red hull sides, white top and bottom, red stripe, white boot). The Donzi Logos are also Awlgrip in white (and can have decals placed over them at the new owner's preference). Pop up cleats were also added at this time, as well as an all new marine stereo with marine Bose speakers, remote control mounted to the interior side wall, and marine powered sub-woofer. You CAN hear this stereo with the engine running, and can also hear it while up and running! The engine compartment was re-done in all white. (instead of the original gray). A stainless steel rub rail was put on to replace the original aluminum. Basically, anything that needed attention was taken care of.

The original 2 bolt main 454 engine and Alpha 1 drive were pulled at that time as well and replaced with a 4 bolt main 454 / 425 HP. The drive was replaced with a NEW Bravo 1. He was running Gil Dry exhaust at the time, running low 70's.

A couple years later he upgraded the exhaust to wet CMI headers and that put the boat in the mid 70's on a good day.

Currently: The engine is built, 454 .060 over, all the goodies including a new Dominator carb, SSM crossover, CMI headers/exhaust, and I am sure plenty more I have forgotten. He had it built to 500+ HP. All new hoses, plugs, wires, etc. are also being installed with the engine. A brand new FULL hydraulic steering system was just installed. The steering wheel is still wrapped in the plastic bag it came in.

He has always kept the boat, at minimum, covered. It has spent most of it's life under it's cover AND under a roof as well. The cover is a matching red canvas cover. When the boat was run in salt, salt-a-way was used on the whole boat and engine flush. The interior was always stored out of the boat and indoors. My brother is anal about maintenance on the boat. All routine maintenance was done before recommended intervals with no expense, time, or effort spared. The boat looks and shines better than new, with NO rust, corrosion, etc.

The trailer is a South Florida Trailer, dual axle. All Aluminum, disc brakes, etc. No expense spared on the trailer either.

This boat has the plexi windshield WITH the little flip of tabs in front of the driver and passenger. It's a rare windshield that actually works (basically, you don't get beat by the wind).

Asking price: $26,900

Please PM me if you are interested and I will send you his cell phone number.

If you have questions, just post back and I will answer them.

VetteLT193
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Here are pictures, it started to rain, so thy aren't that good but it's a start.

Please excuse the mess. The boat got out of the shop just yesterday.

VetteLT193
10-02-2007, 10:58 AM
My brother and I had the boat out yesterday for a couple hours. The boat runs great, we ran slow (break in) but had it up to 3,000 RPMs a couple times.

The boat runs awesome and sounds awesome. The hydraulic steering is amazing, every boat should have it.

VetteLT193
10-04-2007, 08:51 AM
here is a picture of the interior in the boat.

2+3
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
any trades?

VetteLT193
11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Maybe a trade plus cash

mjw930
12-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Is this boat still available?

If it is, where in FL is it located?

Thanks.

Donzi Racer
12-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Here are pictures, it started to rain, so thy aren't that good but it's a start.

Please excuse the mess. The boat got out of the shop just yesterday.

Who's 1988 Minx? and how much is it? hmmmm? Tom

VetteLT193
12-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Who's 1988 Minx? and how much is it? hmmmm? Tom

That's my Minx... not sure what you mean? Looking to buy another Minx?

VetteLT193
12-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Is this boat still available?

If it is, where in FL is it located?

Thanks.

I don't think he wants to sell anymore, but I'll ask.

Donzi Racer
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
That's my Minx... not sure what you mean? Looking to buy another Minx?

I like Minx, is that the plural of Minx? Anyway just wondering. I don't have all the boats under my name anymore. Those are the ones we have had. Got our eye on another one to add to the list.
Just curious about your minx? Like to keep up with any Minx out there. If it is ever for sale let us know. Thanks, Tom 256-777-0844

VetteLT193
12-31-2007, 02:51 PM
I like Minx, is that the plural of Minx? Anyway just wondering. I don't have all the boats under my name anymore. Those are the ones we have had. Got our eye on another one to add to the list.
Just curious about your minx? Like to keep up with any Minx out there. If it is ever for sale let us know. Thanks, Tom 256-777-0844

I added it to the Minx thread when I bought it... It looks like the only Minx actually built in '88, and the last one ever built...

I'm in the middle of a cosmetic restoration of it, I have a thread somewhere going that I'm going to update soon with more pictures of the progress.

VetteLT193
01-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Update:

my brother thought it over and decided not to sell at this time.