PDA

View Full Version : 350mag question

smokediver
09-04-2007, 06:49 AM
i was running at about 2500 rpm and i started feeling the boat surge a little. I looked at the tach and saw the engine rpm's bouncing between 2000-and 2500... I then lowered engine speed to 2000 and no problem ... then i went up to 3500 and again , no problem but the boat felt like it was down on power somewhat . I checked the wires , batt cables and all seemed to be ok .. i did replace the water seperator when i bought the boat and have run what i think to be 3 year old gas out of it finally .... could a water sep. cause this ? i am not too familiar with the newer mpi engines ... thanks in advance !

mrfixxall
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
i was running at about 2500 rpm and i started feeling the boat surge a little. I looked at the tach and saw the engine rpm's bouncing between 2000-and 2500... I then lowered engine speed to 2000 and no problem ... then i went up to 3500 and again , no problem but the boat felt like it was down on power somewhat . I checked the wires , batt cables and all seemed to be ok .. i did replace the water seperator when i bought the boat and have run what i think to be 3 year old gas out of it finally .... could a water sep. cause this ? i am not too familiar with the newer mpi engines ... thanks in advance !

sounds like you have a flat spot in your tps..

smokediver
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM
tps ?

need for speed
09-04-2007, 04:44 PM

The 3500 rpm is what cost the $$ :):wink:

smokediver
09-04-2007, 04:57 PM
charles is a funny guy !!!:bonk::cool::tongue:

BUIZILLA
09-04-2007, 05:48 PM
i'm a thinkin' it's one bad injector....

considering how long it sat, you should have them all cleaned and backflushed

and that just happens to be something I do... :wink:

smokediver
09-04-2007, 06:54 PM
i'm a thinkin' it's one bad injector....
considering how long it sat, you should have them all cleaned and backflushed
and that just happens to be something I do... :wink:
deal !