PDA

View Full Version : Cool job

Cuda
09-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I saw this project was up for bid, so I sent them a fax asking if they were accepting bids for tile work. A guy from Tallahassee calls me, and said they were, and asked for my address. Usually, a GC will tell me where I can get the electronic files online, then I view them, and order only the one's I need. These guys sent me the entire blueprint set, and two spec manuals. I need about five of the pages. This print must weigh twenty pounds, no exageration. There are two spec manuals that are each fatter than War and Peace, and this is for a buliding that's only 4100 square feet. I guess the Department of Environmetal Protection isn't concerned with making a profit. :)

It will be a cool place to work, if I land the job. It's up near Forrest's neck of the woods. :cool:

Sagbay32
09-03-2007, 09:34 AM
I feel for ya Cuda. I am overseeing a Fed/ State job this Summer and between the Prints, the Contract proposal and the assorted spec books I feel like I am going to the gym every day.

I hope you get the job. Sounds like a neat deal.

Mike

Forrest
09-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Give 'em a good price. Joe! St. George Island is right there across the bridge from Eastpoint. Dog Island is just to the east. Both places have the finest white sand beaches that you ever saw, and the best oysters found anywhere come from Eastpoint. My shack on Ochlocknee Bay is probably a little furthur than you want to drive daily, but you are always welcome to stay there for free.

Cuda
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Give 'em a good price. Joe! St. George Island is right there across the bridge from Eastpoint. Dog Island is just to the east. Both places have the finest white sand beaches that you ever saw, and the best oysters found anywhere come from Eastpoint. My shack on Ochlocknee Bay is probably a little furthur than you want to drive daily, but you are always welcome to stay there for free.
Now I remember where Eastpoint is. I've driven US 98 many times. I used to hunt up that way a lot. I know how pretty the white beaches are, I lived in Panama City twice when I was growing up. First and second grade, then the sixth and seventh grade. Are there many motels in Eastpoint, Forrest?

Cuda
09-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Btw, I've been driving 110 miles each way to do a Home Depot in Jax. :eek!::)

VetteLT193
09-06-2007, 07:50 AM
We can go out in the Minx if you get the job:) I've been looking for an excuse to go boating down that way...

f_inscreenname
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Ya Cuda we have had the same thing. Last month to bid on a tiny little chain store in a mall I think they sent the plans for the entire mall. There was so many pages of BS that we could have covered the area we were bidding on with the plans themselves.:yes: