PDA

View Full Version : speed zones

smokediver
09-02-2007, 05:58 AM
As some of you know , the marine patrol has been running radar in some of the speed zones here in Fl. A friend of mine was pulled over and was told he was doing 50 mph . Not a chance he said , the officer immediately said , well you were going 40 ... Not a chance said my friend , i have it here on my chartplotter , i was going 28.2 ... Moral of the story , i think the guns are not accurate ... i was yanked over as well by the same group on the same day ... i know i wasn't breaking the limit ... for once !! I was actually on a dive call with this group of people a few months back out in the gulf ... I got a ticket ... not a warning ... i don't mind the ticket ... i mind that the MP is running faulty equipment ! i just might take this to court ...

justleft
09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I know in the old days they had to show the speed recorded and
the calibration date of the gun.

But many states have changed the law to "protect the officer". (NC)
So in allot of places it's their word.

smokediver
09-04-2007, 06:30 AM
well , i will probably be back on the water quicker just taking the class ... after doing a little looking around , i found a class in ft. lauderdale . had my first session last night . i was surprised that it was being held on labor day but there was a pretty good turnout .. i will be legal by the end of the week !
no worries ... if i were talking about you scott it would have been Mr.MP :yes: haha ....