PDA

View Full Version : Hardware question - Formula

cutwater
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I was looking back at some images I've collected over the last year of the original Formula 233 #16 "Cigarette," and I noticed a hardware discrepancy between some original photos and the restoration of what was reported to be the original hull. If you look at the photos below, you see that the old photos show the Cigarette WITHOUT the perko stern light, whereas the restored hull has the light that is commonly seen on Formula 233s. Does anybody know if the guys who restored this added the light, and what year did they start using the stern lights on the 233s? My only guess is that they had to do it for safety regulations.

Scott Pearson
08-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Also, Why does the First 2 pictures have thru hull exhaust and the 3rd doesnt?

cutwater
08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Also, Why does the First 2 pictures have thru hull exhaust and the 3rd doesnt?

That's a good question, I was guessing they probably beefed up the transom before re-cutting the drive and exhaust holes. In the middle picture you can see that they eventually added the thru-hull exhaust, and the article I've got says it was one of the last pieces of the restoration.

The light surprises me because it's actually an addition to the original.:confused:

Lenny
08-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Mr Poodle would know, he is ON IT ... :D

cutwater
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Mr Poodle would know, he is ON IT ... :D

Now I'm jealous...:yes:

falcon
08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Are these pics from an article, would like to see the text if available.

HallJ
08-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Just speculation but,

The second owner George peroni may have added it after retiring it from racing, then using for pleasure boating.

Jeff