PDA

View Full Version : Catch Sr

Cuda
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Catch 22's dad went under the knife Wednesday for a hip replacement. Red was waiting for him to come out of surgery when I called him Wednesday morning. I told Jimmy to call be back when he got out, so I knew everything was OK. He never called on Wednesday (or so I thought). I was in St Pete doing a job, and stayed at my mom's house Wednesday night, and when I called Debbie, I told her that Red hadn't called me back, and I was worried about it. I turned off my phone that night, because I had to plug it in in the kitchen, and in case someone called me early on Thursday morning, it wouldn't wake my parents up. When I turned my phone back on, I had the message beep. Red had called Wednesday morning, about an hour after I talked to him, to report that "everything is cool in the motor pool". :) I just got off the phone with his mom, and him. Catch Sr is probably coming home tomorrow. His mom said she'd never seen him stay still that long in all the years she's been married to him. :) Catch's mom said that his only complaint was he had a little sore where they taped some styrofoam on him, right after surgery, to hold his legs still. I told her to tell him tomorrow to quit whining. I said to tell him I'd rather hear a fat lady fart, than a grown man cry!:biggrin.:

MOP
08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Joe give him a personal "Hi" from me and glad he is mending, hit it off nice with him and his misses. Also tell him to milk it for all it is worth!!!!!

Phil

Cuda
08-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Joe give him a personal "Hi" from me and glad he is mending, hit it off nice with him and his misses. Also tell him to milk it for all it is worth!!!!!
Phil
I'll tell him Phil.

When I called Catch last night to check on his dad, he told me to hold on a minute, and put his dad on the phone. :)

MOP
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Tell him you just can't hold a "Real Rubber Man" down!!!

BigGrizzly
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
I talked to Catch yesterday, and he said everything was fine. I told him to look out, Dad is coming back fast and hold on tight. His dad has been in pain for many years. This will be like a new life for him. Good luck Jim, now your going to have to keep up with him and Gina too.

gcarter
08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I just went by their house but no one was home.

catch 22
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone, this is Catch 22's better half. I just talked to Jim and dad came home today.:) He will have to have in home rehab, but he is doing great. He says he has very little pain. Nothing like he has been going through. For those of you who don't know he had a total hip replacement on Wednesday. His hip was so bad it was bone on bone and he said the pain was 24/7. I 'm glad he's doing so well. Thanks for asking about him. I'll keep you posted on his progress. Gina

yeller
08-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear all's well. :yes:

Make sure he does all his excersises.

My dad had his hip replaced a few years back and loved it! He couldn't believe how much better he felt and how easy it was to move around.

Sad thing is, he didn't do his excersises and now he's worse off than before. :(

Cuda
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Great to hear Gina!