PDA

View Full Version : minx assesories

margo
08-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Anyone know where i can get some ss or chrome parts such as engine lid hinges and lift handle...also can the guages be found anywhere..Thanks ....Joe

gcarter
08-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Hi Joe. The latch assembly can be purchased from Jamie @ Lakeside Restorations (see the ad on this page). If you want to add gas struts to the hatch, Jamie can supply the Donzi hardware for that also.
The hinges can be refinished (rechromed)...check around some motorcycle shops and see who does superior plating in your area. The same goes for the lifting rings and finish bezels. New navigation lights are readily available. The original Perko #'s are still in production.
For less than $1 K, you can completely change the look of the trim on the boat.
The original gauges are no longer in production. Gauges, switches, and circuit breakers have come a long way since the '80's and a whole new look can be had for not a huge investment.
If you want to try some different gauges of the same style, I may have mine available soon from my Testa Rossa project. I guess they work, I don't really know.

margo
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the reply let me see if mine work first if i can keep it running ....Joe