PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to do restoration

jg480
08-22-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm looking for someone to paint or gelcoat my 87 18' classic. I was planning on doing it later but the boat is half torn apart as the engine is out getting built, so I tought this might be a good time. I would like to also have the stringers and transom checked for rot so whoever does the work should be capable of pulling the deck if necessary. I live in Algonac Mi. about 30mi from Detroit but I am willing to tow the boat to someone thats not too far provided their highly reccomended. Any suggestions?
Thanks Jim.

Trueser
08-22-2007, 04:06 PM
There is a place in Morris Illinois that does great work. He also built some replicas in the past.

Anyway call Tom @ Nabbers 815-941-1546

I may be able to help you out on the tow if needed. I leave my 22 In Whitehall

Mike

glashole
08-22-2007, 06:06 PM
if you wanted to drive it to Canada there is a place called
The Boat Repair Center

he is just east of Kingston

probably to far for you but I know personnaly that he does great work

let me know if you want his phone #

jg480
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Where they at in Ontario? I'm originally from Sarnia and I have friends in Kitchner that I visit quite a bit. Especially during Octoberfest!!!

Madcow
08-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Check with Dave Sikorski in Toledo (Better known as Glassdave in boating circles and here on the board). May be a nice winter project for him. He has been invaluble to me in my restoration project.

LKSD
08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
We also do this type of work.. PLUS we are also a sponsor of this site & an authorized Donzi service and custom faciluty.. :) Call me if you need our services, we specialize in these boats.. We are in North Eastern, PA and may be worth the drive for you depending on what all you need to be done.

Jamie / Lakeside 570-639-2628