PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cumberland, mid-week in ther Lady ....

roadtrip se
08-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Somehow, a lot of people didn't get the memo about dropping the lake forty-three feet this year for the dam repairs. The place has been as popular as always this summer.

Of course, this has made it a bit challenging for us, as Jill gets comfortable behind the wheel of the new "Lady Scorpion" Classic 18 that we picked up from Magical Bill a month or so ago.

Tonight was the perfect night for a run in the 18 and the FIRST TIME I have seen Jill actually SMILE while driving this thing. Let's just say that a Scorpion 18 is a HAND FULL. I have spent endless hours tuning this thing making tab adjustments, messing with props, checking and lubing linkages, and all of the other stuff you check when you don't have a clue about what to check next.

Tonight, it was all worth it. Great running on a perfect lake. Those of you circling us wondering if it would be for sale yet again, she is staying on LC!

Magicallbill
08-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Glad the boat is smoothing out for you all.
Just takes time.
I'm a little skeptical about a 4-blade on it..It will drop the top end some. I wonder if it'll slow the rev's down too?

Keep rockin' and stay in touch...

MB..

txtaz
08-25-2007, 02:07 AM
Hymm, 43 feet you say...Now who has the duck ponds? Well at least you have the ducks for it. :yes::)

Da Taz has struck again.

BigGrizzly
08-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I for one am glad you kept your promise. You see guys and gals, when RT was contemplating the RTSE we had a discussion. He wanted a deal on a Donzi SE, and we discussed making one and taking the left over money and getting Jill (the fastest dock line person in the world) an 18 classic, BTW, she agreed. My personal feeling is that he did better than just buying an SE from Donz., Todd actually designed a boat for himself.

boldts
08-25-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL just a word for TX. Even at 43 feet down, the lake is still over 50' deep. No little pond by any means. :) Todd, good to read you two are enjoying the 18 just as much as your 22.

roadtrip se
08-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Carl and Patti Chase made the trip down to LC this weekend. Saturday, great run down to Lee's Ford for lunch and then a little time in the new party cove at Harmon Creek. Imagine the same spot we floated in at AOTH 7 with about a 100 houseboats, cruisers, and go-fasts. A great day polished off with martinis and a big old hickory grilled porterhouse steak. Robert you missed out.

Sunday, Carl asked for a run in the Scorpion, before we hit the road back to Detroit. I ran it to the dam from Alligator Docks and then moved over to the passenger seat. Once I was convinced that we weren't going to launch it over a crusier wake, I had a ball. It is a WHOLE other game sitting in the passenger seat of this thing with an aggressive driver at the wheel, WOW!

Carl stated back at the docks that this was the best run he had ever had in a Classic and offered to buy it on the spot.
Jill reminded Carl that it isn't for sale.

I am convinced that this thing has the potential to be an absolute a riot, so watch out boys, she is committed and starting to get the hang of it!

DonziChick
08-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I've driven a LOT of boats (all 16, 18 and 22 classics included) and the 18 classic is by far my favorite boat to drive.

Magicallbill
08-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Yep..
That's my, err...I mean JILL'S Scorpion.....