PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Cigarette 20' Son of a Gun

DonCig
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
A neat strong rough water boat with a great history.
You have to see the stingers in this boat, they look like 2 x 10's!
I have all the documentation on this boat.
The first owner of this boat was Mike Livorsi.
The boat was rigged by Mell Riggs in Wisconsin for Mike.
Engine - Merc. 502 MPI Ser.# OF
Drive - Merc. Blackhawk 1:50 Ser. #OF
3 sets of Blackhawk Props 27" 29" 31"
60 Gallon Aluminum Gas Tank
The perfect candidate for a matching tender for your 38' Top Gun. Boat was origianlly white gel just as it sits now.
Condition is a 9.9 out of a 10.
Boat does an honest 71-75 mph at LOTO.
Add a Procharger and who knows!
New carpet and seats winthin the last year.
Gaffrig controls, mechanical indicators and Cigarette instruments. Keik. tabs with mechanical indicators.
2001 Eagle aluminum trailer included in price. I live in Colorado but the boat is kept on the Gravious Arm of Lake of the Ozarks. Test rides given if sincerely interested. Boat needs nothing in the way or repair or maintainance. Boat has a Blue Canvas mooring cover. 10% deposit required to hold the boat off the market.
. Don 303-478-2679 Cell # Colorado

Price - $39,000

Additional pictures and details available upon request.

Donziweasel
08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Somebodies up to somethin'......................................... :eek!:

smoothie
08-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I would like to know what a new 20 cig currently costs:wink:

DonCig
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
I would like to know what a new 20 cig currently costs:wink:

Call them and see what they tell you:

Cigarette Racing Phone #(305) 931-4564

Donziweasel
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Cigarette is not taking orders for Son of a Guns right now. They may in the future, but they are currently concentrating on the bigger stuff. This means Don not only has a kick ass Cig 20, but it has now become a collectors item. I need to borrow $39,000.00, got something I want to buy!:)

I also know boats not as nice as Don's are going to MUCH more, including this one-

http://powerboatlistings.com/view/2133

It has a 454 and I would rather have a 502!

I think Don's is a steal and really wish I could afford it. Good luck on the sale, I am sure it will go fast.

BTW, I read in another forum the last one they built went for around $100,000.00. Probably a little exaggerated, but with Shelby 22 getting almost $80,000.00, who knows?

goatee
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
did you have different seats in it?
looks like two sets.

smoothie
08-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Cigarette is not taking orders for Son of a Guns right now. They may in the future, but they are currently concentrating on the bigger stuff. This means Don not only has a kick ass Cig 20, but it has now become a collectors item. I need to borrow $39,000.00, got something I want to buy!:)
I also know boats not as nice as Don's are going to MUCH more, including this one-
http://powerboatlistings.com/view/2133
It has a 454 and I would rather have a 502!
I think Don's is a steal and really wish I could afford it. Good luck on the sale, I am sure it will go fast.
BTW, I read in another forum the last one they built went for around $100,000.00. Probably a little exaggerated, but with Shelby 22 getting almost $80,000.00, who knows?

The 20 cig that you posted is the real deal son of a gun...Don's cig although nice is a left over hull that was pieced together.

DonCig
08-21-2007, 09:01 PM
The 20 cig that you posted is the real deal son of a gun...Don's cig although nice is a left over hull that was pieced together.

Smoothie, I appreciate your educated comments. Perhaps I am reading my original Cigarette certificate of origin incorrectly. Please educate me on the production and serial numbering of 20' Cigarettes in 1996.
Serial # CRTUSS01L596 staight off the US Coast Guard Builders Certification from Cigarette Racing to Livorsi Marine. Same information on the Manufacturers Statement of origin to a boat sold in the State of Florida. Both documents signed by Craig Barrie, Pres. & CEO of Cigarette Racing.
Mike Livorsi seemed pretty comfortable in his recollection of this boat, since he was the first owner.

Perhaps you know more about the history of this boat, than I might know? Please elaborate if you do.

Thanks,

Don

DonCig
08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
did you have different seats in it?
looks like two sets.
The old seats had blue and white, the new seats are completely white.

Donziweasel
08-22-2007, 06:54 AM
If it was built by Cig, documented as a Cig, and delivered by Cig, it is a REAL Cig. If the layout is different, then it is a unique REAL Cig.

DonCig
08-22-2007, 07:27 AM
A neat strong rough water boat with a great history.
You have to see the stingers in this boat, they look like 2 x 10's!
I have all the documentation on this boat.
The first owner of this boat was Mike Livorsi.
The boat was rigged by Mell Riggs in Wisconsin for Mike.
Engine - Merc. 502 MPI Ser.# OF
Drive - Merc. Blackhawk 1:50 Ser. #OF
3 sets of Blackhawk Props 27" 29" 31"
60 Gallon Aluminum Gas Tank
The perfect candidate for a matching tender for your 38' Top Gun. Boat was origianlly white gel just as it sits now.
Condition is a 9.9 out of a 10.
Boat does an honest 71-75 mph at LOTO.
Add a Procharger and who knows!
New carpet and seats winthin the last year.
Gaffrig controls, mechanical indicators and Cigarette instruments. Keik. tabs with mechanical indicators.
2001 Eagle aluminum trailer included in price. I live in Colorado but the boat is kept on the Gravious Arm of Lake of the Ozarks. Test rides given if sincerely interested. Boat needs nothing in the way or repair or maintainance. Boat has a Blue Canvas mooring cover. 10% deposit required to hold the boat off the market.
. Don 303-478-2679 Cell # Colorado
Price - $39,000
Additional pictures and details available upon request.

Boat is SOLD at $37,000

Deposit recieved. Thanks Wes! Lenny, here I come in my new Donzi 22 .

Donziweasel
08-22-2007, 07:31 AM
So, that took 24 hours. Damn your good Don!

dclassic
08-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Damn,

The wife just said it was cool and we should check it out! A day late and a dollar short. Congrats to the new owner... What a beauty! I need a ride in one of these bad boys. Who has one in the Southeast? :hyper:

thriller
08-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Don,

Is it true? Wes bought a boat? WOW....let the games begin:boat:

DonCig
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Don,
Is it true? Wes bought a boat? WOW....let the games begin:boat:
Wes has not bought a boat because he is the biggest cheapscake that I have ever known in my life. The only way Wes will buy a boat is if it is priced way below book value. It can leak, have a rotton transom; or it can be perfect with tons of upgrades. In Wes's eye they are both worth the same price and had better be priced below book. The bum even had the nerve to ask if he could mooch a ride in my boat at PK. I told him no; and I would appreciate it if the rest of the registry would tell him the same. Wes went out and purchased a new tow vehicle; with instant depreciation out the door. But he could not pull the trigger on a 9 year old Donzi. Go figure.
I have a new grudge match partner by the name of Lenny. Now here is a guy that knows how to get things done and pull the trigger. Building 2 Procharged engines in the expectation that if the first one is not fast enough to stomp my butt; the second one is waiting in the wings.

Don
Keeper of the flame.

yeller
08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes, Lenny has no problem buying boats. The problem you are going to have Don, is to get him to finish one. :wink::wink::biggrin:

thriller
08-30-2007, 11:48 PM
TOO FUNNY..But when it all comes together ......Lenny will have his own Marina complete with boats and......... an after hours tribute bar to Don A at his spread in them there hills. Cool...I dig it...