PDA

View Full Version : Worst windshield in history...

SurfGreenTele
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-2002-Donzi-18-Classic-speedboat_W0QQitemZ170141840802QQihZ007QQcategoryZ 31270QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I mean, should you really have bought a DONZI if you didn't want ANY wind in your face? Please, somebody rescue this poor 18, and relieve her of that hideous monstrosity. :( :wrench: And judging from his starting price, looks like he's expecting to get his dollars back from his "upgrades".

zelatore
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
That's hilarious! It looks like a cartoon. I think the owner had been watching Disney's Cars and thought he'd try to recreate the look with a boat.

Seriously, picture it with a couple eyes drawn in on the windshield....it works! :propeller:

Tony
08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
The windshield is cool enough, but that bimini is smokin' hot, too. Plus, I'm probably gonna rush out and install an attractive stainless steel tow bar, just below my bow eye, because you never know when you might need that handy item! Come to think of it, my boat doesn't have a horn or headlights, either, so that must be done...as well as installing something electronic in every square inch of the dashboard. I better get busy on all these modifications!

Ed Donnelly
08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
AOTH 2008 T shirt LOOK NO FURTHER The poster boat

A lot of money was spent to make this a one only.

And he sure succeeded........Ed

justleft
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Needs more BLING !!

Come on, stainless drive and tabs.

Donzi in 2 foot tall chrome letters down the sides and on the nose.

SurfGreenTele
08-21-2007, 04:44 PM
The windshield is cool enough, but that bimini is smokin' hot, too. Plus, I'm probably gonna rush out and install an attractive stainless steel tow bar, just below my bow eye, because you never know when you might need that handy item! Come to think of it, my boat doesn't have a horn or headlights, either, so that must be done...as well as installing something electronic in every square inch of the dashboard. I better get busy on all these modifications!

:D

Stainless tow bars are definitely gonna catch on big time. :cool:

zelatore
08-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Oh - I missed one: non-skid on the decks! Becasue that shiny look is SOOOO overrated :bonk:

Really, the guy spent a fortune on those mods, and most of it (except maybe the jensen stereo) is high quality stuff.

And for all his work he has (wait for it) ..... 0 bids. :hyper:

And don't forget, he also has a custom boarding ladder. If he adds a swim platform, he'll have hit almost every one of the hot-button topics from the registry!

Donziweasel
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I think the term for what he originally wanted is "Bayliner":eek!:

Sweet little 16
08-21-2007, 07:32 PM
people who have glass windshields on their donzis should not throw stones
people who don't own a donzi should walk by the rock garden quietly
and the rest of you IT"S A DONZI DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!to compare a classic of any condition to the B WORD is way out of line:(

Donziweasel
08-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Easy, all I meant was that he should have bought a Bayliner instead of a Donzi. An ugly Donzi is still a Donzi!

gpapich
08-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Just add a wake board tower and the metamorphosis is complete...A deep-V wakeboard boat.

Oh, I and I almost forgot...get out the Sawzall to make it a bow-rider...::toiletpap

goatee
08-21-2007, 08:10 PM
the one thing i will say i like.......................

the deception!

sure,, it looks like grandpa's fishin boat.
but wait till you see there faces when they see it can do THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chappy
08-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Yacht tender?

Last Tango
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
No, I'm NOT going to say it.
Never mind.

buzzznaround
08-21-2007, 09:00 PM
A nerd Donzi who'd a thunk:propeller:

roadtrip se
08-21-2007, 09:06 PM
AOTH 2008 T shirt LOOK NO FURTHER The poster boat
A lot of money was spent to make this a one only.
And he sure succeeded........Ed

We have a winner...

Geesh!

Carl C
08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Tow eye would indicate he tows it behind a MUCH larger boat.. I dont think I know of anyone else here that has a Donzi for a tender.. Correct me if I missed someone please... They post on Yachts-R-Us.com And who would TOW their tender/dingy?:eek!: The boat looks savable to me. Just lose the windshield, bimini and tow bar.

zimm17
08-22-2007, 02:38 PM
And I thought the last ebay donzi with the red-neck rollbar/ski tower was bad.

Barry Eller
08-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Someone will fall in love with it...

SurfGreenTele
08-22-2007, 05:57 PM
people who have glass windshields on their donzis should not throw stones
people who don't own a donzi should walk by the rock garden quietly
and the rest of you IT"S A DONZI DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!to compare a classic of any condition to the B WORD is way out of line:(

Guilty as charged. :D

But, Tony's windshield is actually cool - old school style. :cool: And it's mounted in the right place. :o

MOP
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Glad the fellow did not put his add up on our board! Would be a shame to see him thrown under the bus so many times, it is a Classic doing duty as a passenger hauler. I may very well have it original Classic looks back one day, if not it will still be a really good tender with excellent heritage!!!

Phil

roadtrip se
08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Glad the fellow did not put his add up on our board! Would be a shame to see him thrown under the bus so many times, it is a Classic doing duty as a passenger hauler. I may very well have it original Classic looks back one day, if not it will still be a really good tender with excellent heritage!!!
Phil

as it was only a matter of time.

Sorry Phil, it is U-G-L-Y and a sad act of assult on a perfectly innocent 18 Classic hull. If the owner had listed it here in an attempt to sell it to one of us as a "slightly modified" Donzi, I would enjoy the opportunity to let them know just how I feel about their, shall we call them "modifications".

This boat looks like crap, a Bayliner WOULD have suited the purpose based on what they did to it. I have heavily modified my 22 over the years, but you have to look hard to see all of the changes. Justifying the changes based on making the thing a bus doesn't change the end result. They destroyed a perfctly decent Donzi Classic, period.

I hope this guy has to pay to take this thing back to something resembling a stock boat in their effort to sell it. Nobody here should be subjected to trying to revert all of the damage done.

Pure junk, just that simple. Defend away all you would like, if you must, but give me a break.

osur866
08-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Sad, very sad!:(:(

goatee
08-22-2007, 10:41 PM
well,,,,what is non-reversable? drilling holes is not good, wind shield is disgusting, sunbrella ...ect ect
what im saying is,, if you could get this boat for ,,, well, if you could steal it basically,,,remove tow bar, change wind shield, i really dont care about sunbrella
or the crap on the dash, the ladder, thats all fine to me...
it's not un fixable i think.

Carl C
08-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Is this directive only for boats advertised on this site? Go easy! The windshield can be removed and IMO the dash looks clean, functional and practical for a boat that is taken off-shore. Sometimes up here I will see a small boat with a fully covered cockpit and at first I think how ridiculous it is but then I think well maybe the person had skin cancer and doesn't want to give up boating. Some folks have special needs and we don't always know the whole story. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39021

gcarter
08-23-2007, 06:20 AM
I agree w/Poodle. It has obciously been set up for a persons specific purposes. Everything looks first class. The windshield, while high, is well made and probably VERY functional. All the electronics on board would likely be very desirable in the proper circumstances. And lastly, what better hull could you start out with??????
He would probably be just as amused w/some of our boats, and he would probably be trying to get 5 MPG!!!!

Sweet little 16
08-23-2007, 06:33 AM
dog pile on the rabitt
dog pile on the rabitt

what are you guys going to do for your next trick march off cliff in unison??

Carl C
08-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Just one thing's buggin' me. What is that structure in the starboard side of the engine compartment? Is it the ladder? It looks like it's screwed down permanently.:boggled: It is in the last pic (#14).

BUIZILLA
08-23-2007, 06:42 AM
being the devil's advocate here....

with that bow tow strap, which by the way is VERY common around here, he obviously was towing it behind a larger vessel and this was a harbor tender of sorts.... I can tell you without a doubt that windscreen offers superior vessel protection when towing in heavy sea's....

is it UGLY??, absolutely, does it serve the OWNER'S need's?? probably... are we justified to pick apart someone's boat that spent THEIR money to make it what HE need's for HIS specific circumstances?? absolutely not...

boxy
08-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Just one thing's buggin' me. What is that structure in the starboard side of the engine compartment? Is it the ladder? It looks like it's screwed down permanently.:boggled: It is in the last pic (#14).

Carl, I think that's the boarding ladder, it's probably "screwed" down tight so it doesn't bounce around during Gulf Stream crossings.

I just got back from spending 2 days in the 1000 Islands with Lou, my girls and some friends of ours. They had 2 adults and 3 kids on a 240 SeaRay Sundeck, and we were on a a 236 Chapparal SSi.
Long story short, with the exception of the windshield, that 18 is set up exactly how I'd want mine set up for all around Island running.
There are too many channels in the Islands to run them safely without a large screen GPS, and there are parts of the River that doesn't have cell service, so a VHF is required, we don't swim in mud holes, so a boarding ladder is nice in 100' deep water, and while it would be nice if the bimini top would tuck away, there are days when it would be nice to have full cover, like in about a month up here, when the River is beautiful, but the weather sucks.

Unless you are lucky enough to have a second foul weather boat, you should be able to run in all conditions, on all water.
To imply a Donzi shouldn't do that starts to wander into the "trailers his chrome hard tail to Sturgis" territory.

chappy
08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. If I could afford a 60 or 70 foot yacht, I would rather have a Donzi as a tender for performance and reliability as opposed to a more affordable unnamed runabout, that which may break in two on a three or four footer. But that's just me. If someone wants a certain type of vessel for a tender, buy and modify what you want. Certainly not a topic worthy of dividing this board and it's members.

Rich

roadtrip se
08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Both, but it still has that UGLY windshield and I reserve the right to say so. Sorry, if I hurt someone's feelings.
As the former for sale section moderator, I had to assist people in re-formulating their comments about boats for sale here,
but no longer and once in awhile, as in this instance, a little honesty is deserved and timely. Some members here will argue anything and do it until next Sunday. I guess I have been guilty of this at times, too.

For those of us that keep a close eye on the market, this boat has been for sale for quite awhile. So there isn't much of a market for performance boats to start with, and then let's modify a performance boat to function as a tender and make it REAL UGLY, and limit our ability to re-sell it even further. So call your baby whatever you want to, the market says it's UGLY too.

Oh well, I guess if this really is a tender, then the owner probably doesn't really need to sell it and based on the way it is set up, doesn't have to worry about it any time soon.

Carl C
08-23-2007, 09:36 AM
I just can't picture someone towing their tender like a jeep behind a motor home! Up here I see mostly inflatables on the yachts. You Floridians are a strange lot for sure; must be the heat.:wink::wink::wink::wink:

gcarter
08-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I just can't picture someone towing their tender like a jeep behind a motor home! Up here I see mostly inflatables on the yachts. You Floridians are a strange lot for sure; must be the heat.:wink::wink::wink::wink:
Not only Florida, but at Lake Powell, there are many house boats towing all kinds of boats, some more than one.

Sweet little 16
08-23-2007, 09:47 AM
my name is Elmer J Fudd milionaire
I own a mansion and a yacht:boat: :tongue:

Barry Eller
08-23-2007, 10:15 AM

It must be the heat...I almost bought a 32 Bayliner Ciera sportcruiser (REAL CHEAP)...I was going to tow the 22 behind it on weekend excursions...the wife said no. :wink:

Forrest
08-23-2007, 10:44 AM
... are we justified to pick apart someone's boat that spent THEIR money to make it what HE need's for HIS specific circumstances?? absolutely not...

That setup is not my cup of tea, but I think Buizilla did hit the nail on the head with his comment.

zelatore
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I put tenders on larger vessels all the time, although nothing I sell is large enough to carry an 18' Donzi as a dinghy.

We normally use RIBs in the 12' range. A RIB makes a lot of sense as a yacht tender - they are relatively light, perform fairly well and carry a lot of load, are EXTREMELY stable, and can be tied along side the mother ship without damage. For example, a we set up a recent 65 Marquis with a 12 Caribe complete with 40 hp Honda, VHF, GPS, sounder, rod holders, and 6 gallon fresh water shower. They’re not cheap; it’s easy to drop $15-$20K on something like this, but he can carry it on a hydraulic swim platform for calm conditions, or hoist it up on the back of the flybridge for running off-shore.

That last part is critical. I know people tow dinghies (and even some pretty large boats) in some places, but you try that on the pacific and you're going to write it off in a heartbeat. I don't know anybody who considers towing a viable option on the west coast.

Aside from the potential for loosing the dinghy in weather, you still have the hassle of what to do with it every time you come into dock.

So I suppose if I had a big enough mother ship, I'd seriously consider using a Donzi as a tender, but I'd carry it on deck or in a garage. It that was the case, then I wouldn't want the giant windshield as the lower profile would actually be beneficial to on-board storage.

I understand where Buiz is going ... it's his boat and he can do whatever he wants, but you have to admit, it is pretty ugly :)

gold-n-rod
08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
For me, it was the wording of the auction that rubbed me the wrong way. The writer made it sound like the "customization" was something really special and highly desireable.

Many years ago, I remember a "customized" 4 door Corvette. Was it more practical? Of course? More desireable? Nope. Was it called ugly? I'd bet so.

Yes, anyone can take a beautiful design and modify it to suit their needs. If, in the process, its beautiful lines are disturbed, they ought not be surprised if it's less desireable.

It will take several thousands of dollars to "restore" this boat back to original. If the seller is willing to accept that, he'll probably sell. But seeing how his asking price is in line with the recent selling price of a very rare (and highly desireable) 18' Scorpion-powered Classic, it's not likely to happen.

I'm guessing a price of $16,900 would find him a buyer...... :eek!:

Donziweasel
08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I think that it is amusing that this boat can bring out so many emotions from us. It shows that we are truely fanatics and value Donzi's, especially Classics, differently than others. We see beautiful boat that has been scarred and turned into our worse nightmare.

That being said, we are also under the probable presumption that this is possibly a tender, whether stowed on the deck, or towed. This has not been confirmed. If it is a tender, then I guess it has been set up to what the owner requires. If it is not, then someone without the appreciation of what a Donzi Classic is has modified his boat. I guess I can respect what he has done, but I also know a true Donzi enthusiast, such as all of us, would never do that to what we consider a thing of beauty.

I will say that my understanding of the Classics, especially the 16 and 18, were produced with idea of marketing to possible tenders. That is why the originalls were made with different flags of origin on the back and the lifting hooks were placed on the boat in the first place. I read somewhere that Donzi was looking for other markets than just pleasure boaters, and that being the case, decided to put on the lifting hooks and other countries flags to try and market them as tenders for high end European clientel. The program was not very succesful. Perhaps I am wrong about this.

Now, my personal opinion, that is the ugliest Donzi I have ever seen!:eek!::):bonk: Actually, I take that back. This year there was a red 18on ebay that had a 3 ft narrow induction scoop on the rear hatch. It was as ugly as this one.

Sweet little 16
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I think that it is amusing that this boat can bring out so many emotions from us. It shows that we are truely fanatics and value Donzi's, especially Classics, differently than others. We see beautiful boat that has been scarred and turned into our worse nightmare.
That being said, we are also under the probable presumption that this is possibly a tender, whether stowed on the deck, or towed. This has not been confirmed. If it is a tender, then I guess it has been set up to what the owner requires. If it is not, then someone without the appreciation of what a Donzi Classic is has modified his boat. I guess I can respect what he has done, but I also know a true Donzi enthusiast, such as all of us, would never do that to what we consider a thing of beauty.
I will say that my understanding of the Classics, especially the 16 and 18, were produced with idea of marketing to possible tenders. That is why the originalls were made with different flags of origin on the back and the lifting hooks were placed on the boat in the first place. I read somewhere that Donzi was looking for other markets than just pleasure boaters, and that being the case, decided to put on the lifting hooks and other countries flags to try and market them as tenders for high end European clientel. The program was not very succesful. Perhaps I am wrong about this.
Now, my personal opinion, that is the ugliest Donzi I have ever seen!:eek!::):bonk: Actually, I take that back. This year there was a red 18on ebay that had a 3 ft narrow induction scoop on the rear hatch. It was as ugly as this one.

well opinions are one thing but I think you might want to read up on the origin of the flags ;)

Donziweasel
08-23-2007, 03:09 PM
SL16, as I stated, I could be wrong about the flags. I think it is something I read in passing. If this is the case, I would like to know the history behind the flags. Our 16 growing up had a Great Britain and American flag on it, which I always thought was cool. Being only 10 years old, I thought the boat was made in England!

Formula Jr
08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I think I found Mom (http://www.epud.net/~owens/YACHT.JPG). (http://www.epud.net/~owens/katana.jpg)

zelatore
08-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I've seen it in the magazines, and I've heard of people doing it in the keys and Caribbean, but I've never actually seen anybody tow out here. Sure, in the delta we have lots of houseboats and large cruisers that tow anything from 10' dinks to 25' runabouts, but I've never seen it in open water.

I seem to remember reading an article about a good size Bertram (or similar) rigged to be towed by a big yacht. They had a special towing bit similar to what's on this Donzi built, and the article talked about the amount of custom work that was done to make it happen, including the rigging on both yachts and the custom towing bridle. As I remember, they kept a crew member on the 'small' boat while it was being towed. Not a great hardship, as it was something like 40+ feet by itself while the mothership was better than twice that.

I guess if you want to take a big 'dinghy' with you it's either tow it or buy one big mother of a yacht!

Still, I just can't imagine taking say one of our 60-footers and towing an 18 Classic out under the gate on anything but the flattest days. :eek!:

zelatore
08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
I think I found Mom (http://www.epud.net/~owens/YACHT.JPG). (http://www.epud.net/~owens/katana.jpg)

Katana is one of Larry Ellison's rigs. And he carries a 22 or 25 (not sure which) Chris Craft launch as a tender - no doubt among other things. Last year when he had it anchored off the St. Francis Yacht Club here in San Francisco he was using the Chris to run people back and forth to dock.

But he still doesn't tow it...:wink:

BTW - isn't he selling Katana?

Formula Jr
08-23-2007, 05:56 PM
I took that pic from the Amalfi Coast near Positano this July. I Think thats li Galli in the background. You can just make out the Chris Craft. At 244 feet the Katana was appearently too small for Mr Ellison, so he built The Rising Sun (http://www.epud.net/~owens/risingsun.jpg). Its somewhat larger at 452 feet.

zelatore
08-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I took that pic from the Amalfi Coast near Positano this July. I Think thats li Galli in the background. You can just make out the Chris Craft. At 244 feet the Katana was appearently too small for Mr Ellison, so he built The Rising Sun (http://www.epud.net/~owens/risingsun.jpg). Its somewhat larger at 452 feet.

He's just upset that he doesn't have a real yacht like Paul Allan...

Formula Jr
08-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Rising Sun is larger than Octopus.
:wink:

SurfGreenTele
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I was remembering that Surfer's '83 18 was a Bertram tender. No add ons though. :boat:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46685

osur866
08-23-2007, 10:26 PM
To each his own, not my cup of tea but I could see a need for it I guess, just sure is alot of holes that have been put in the poor thing. :boggled:

smbarcelow
08-24-2007, 11:57 AM
That's hilarious! It looks like a cartoon. I think the owner had been watching Disney's Cars and thought he'd try to recreate the look with a boat.
Seriously, picture it with a couple eyes drawn in on the windshield....it works! :propeller:

Funny...I was thinking Disney Pixar, too.

gold-n-rod
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Once again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

roadtrip se
08-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I have to admit, a little lunch came up over this one, but we kept it down. Thanks Randy for this mid-afternoon moment.

Is it my imagination or is the guy in the checked shirt standing in front of the car rolling up his sleeves and getting ready to kick the car owner's butt for doing this to a perfectly fine sportscar? Or maybe that is a bat in his hand and he is getting ready to make a few more modifications to the car in an effort to finish the job.

Maybe we could send him over to "admire" the Pixar Cars Big Eyes Windshield Donzi in much the same way after he finishes up at the car show.

And before somebody pipes up here and starts defending this fine specimen of an "altered" 18 Classic again, save your breath, I got the t-shirt.

BUIZILLA
08-24-2007, 02:21 PM
well.......................................

it DOES have a mouse motor....

smbarcelow
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
At least it's an early C4 and not one of the more coveted generations of Vettes.

Sagbay32
08-25-2007, 03:37 PM
A nerd Donzi who'd a thunk:propeller:

Now that was funny! My favorite comment so far...

Yes, it's un-attractive, and probably works great for it's intended use. But c'mon why molest an innocent Donzi when there are plenty of other hulls that would have been much more suited to the customization that this one received. :propeller:

Mike....still LMAO

roadtrip se
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Something about being glad that I am not a moderator any longer and a red mark. I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for the note. Now how do I go negative?

Last time I checked, no bids. Why won't one of the defenders please save this boat?

chappy
08-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, I'll probably get zapped for this too, but here goes. I think it STINKS that someone posted negative feedback toward Todd (Roadtrip). I re-read this entire thread, and I did not read anything nasty toward anyone. I only read people's opinions about a boat for sale. The boat has some DRASTIC modifications, which makes it a candidate for people's opinions. Some opinions were serious, some funny, some sarcastic, and some critical, isn't that what makes this place? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any post that was worthy of someone's rep points being attacked, especially someone who always seems willing to help other members.:mad:
Rich

Donziweasel
08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Wasn't me, I thought his comment about almost losing his lunch was pretty damn funny. Keep em' coming Roadtrip!

gcarter
08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I'll probably get zapped for this too, but here goes. I think it STINKS that someone posted negative feedback toward Todd (Roadtrip). I re-read this entire thread, and I did not read anything nasty toward anyone. I only read people's opinions about a boat for sale. The boat has some DRASTIC modifications, which makes it a candidate for people's opinions. Some opinions were serious, some funny, some sarcastic, and some critical, isn't that what makes this place? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any post that was worthy of someone's rep points being attacked, especially someone who always seems willing to help other members.:mad:
Rich
I agree Rich, as a guide, I would never give a negative for an opinion. Todd didn't deserve it. Save the negatives for butts like QUADRUPLE DIGITS ON KEROSINE. Your never going to agree w/everything said here, so give people a break.

gcarter
08-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Actually I like this boat a lot. If I lived in the keys and had it hanging on davits in my back yard, I would say it's about perfect.
That windshield cost a bundle to fabricate. I'm sure a new owner could get Pipewelders to modify it. They are artists. It looks the way it does because someone wanted it that way. Period. It wasn't an accident. But the way it's outfitted is perfect for the keys or the Bahamas. The only thing I would like different would be more fuel. Maybe a 300 mile range.

rustnrot
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Must have been a long, hot summer as this thread and Middle Finger Digit on Fart Gas were the two longest threads I have seen in awhile.......

roadtrip se
08-29-2007, 10:15 AM
You guys take the rep thing way too seriously...
Think I'll make 'trip a moderator again :) :)

pure fluff. I mentioned the ding only because I think it is interesting that someone found my comments on this boat offensive enough to make a note of it. I'll wear it with pride and thanks for the comments guys.

As for the moderator shackles, I'm free, I'm free! No thanks.

VetteLT193
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Many years ago, I remember a "customized" 4 door Corvette. Was it more practical? Of course? More desireable? Nope. Was it called ugly? I'd bet so.
Yes, anyone can take a beautiful design and modify it to suit their needs. If, in the process, its beautiful lines are disturbed, they ought not be surprised if it's less desireable....

The only made a couple of those 4 door 'Vettes. One of them sold recently for quite a bit of coin, a lot more than a 'regular' Corvette of the same vintage.

Lets face it though, if you really wanted an awesome Donzi tender it should have a Yanmar in it.

apollo24
08-29-2007, 02:28 PM
It must be the heat...I almost bought a 32 Bayliner Ciera sportcruiser (REAL CHEAP)...I was going to tow the 22 behind it on weekend excursions...the wife said no. :wink:

Barry, Barry. I think I we have several Bayliners here that I can sell you at a "great price." If you buy one, though, I reserve the right to strip you of your Donzi on the grounds of having no respect for its pedigree, bad taste, and no class. :wink: There is nothing "sport" about a Bayliner Sportcruiser, the only redeeming quality being that it may have a Mercruiser outdrive or two! Have you been hanging out with Dan Nye or something? Next thing I know you're going to be sporting a..... www.mulletsgalore.com

Good thing your wife talked you out of it. :yes:

Donziweasel
08-29-2007, 05:34 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/locked.jpg

Carl C
08-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Something about being glad that I am not a moderator any longer and a red mark. I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for the note. Now how do I go negative?
Last time I checked, no bids. Why won't one of the defenders please save this boat? I got one for the "another new guy" thread. I think someone is having a bad day. I'll just send someone some good vibes to make up for it!:) Oh, and Donziweasel, I could have survived without that pic!

Barry Eller
08-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Barry, Barry. I think I we have several Bayliners here that I can sell you at a "great price." If you buy one, though, I reserve the right to strip you of your Donzi on the grounds of having no respect for its pedigree, bad taste, and no class. :wink: There is nothing "sport" about a Bayliner Sportcruiser, the only redeeming quality being that it may have a Mercruiser outdrive or two! Have you been hanging out with Dan Nye or something? Next thing I know you're going to be sporting a..... www.mulletsgalore.com
Good thing your wife talked you out of it. :yes:

She wouldn't let me get the Bayliner because of the Mercruisers...she prefers King Cobras!

Real reason...she has heard me say a few unkind things about Bayliners!

And, I made the mistake of driving home a new Cadillac DTS to show a customer/neighbor one night...second mistake...I let her drive it...now you know the rest of the story.

Donziweasel
08-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Just in case anyone did not know what a mullet is:eek!::)