PDA

View Full Version : AOTH 2008 T-shirt Options

roadtrip se
08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
As, we all know, Scot features a different boat on the Awakening t-shirts as depicted by our resident graphics artist, Tamburello. The shirts are always awesome. Some rabble rousers have been suggesting that we honor the Blackhawk this next year, so let's put it up for a vote.
Not that Scot will honor the results or anything...

ITTLFLI
08-20-2007, 05:39 PM
I'll be the first to mess up the poll!.....The X-18:wink:

Dr. Dan
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
:smash: So Rooster Breath! Why does it always have to be a Classic, or something with a Tail... or something Red? Why not a faded Regazza or a Sparkling Hypo Powered Medallion with underdirve pulley's and Pink Flamingo Smoke Stacks coming outta the Transom?

How about a Doral with a Cam, or a Cam Er Ahhh! Yeah a Camera mounted to the Bow Light Assembly to film your stupid inefficient Drives Rooster Tail as you Fly by like you do to anyone who you think you can stomp... as a professional "Sand Bag Racer".

I still like the "Regazza" its got that Italian Name, like ZaZah in the last Godfather Film.... Johnny ZaZah..

Regazza.... it kinda just rolls off your tongue like a peice of meat that was less than cooked and ya can't spit out fast enough cause it would be rude to your Aunt who tried to cook it....but your Uncle pissed her off again from being too late playin Cards with his Boys!

What Ever... no one really cares as long as they get a T-Shirt...

I vote for the Regazza! You're not even Polish so whadya doin trying to do a poll ... Boy?

Doc of Italian **** For Brains :spongebob:

DonCig
08-20-2007, 08:48 PM
:smash: So Rooster Breath! Why does it always have to be a Classic, or something with a Tail... or something Red? Why not a faded Regazza or a Sparkling Hypo Powered Medallion with underdirve pulley's and Pink Flamingo Smoke Stacks coming outta the Transom?
How about a Doral with a Cam, or a Cam Er Ahhh! Yeah a Camera mounted to the Bow Light Assembly to film your stupid inefficient Drives Rooster Tail as you Fly by like you do to anyone who you think you can stomp... as a professional "Sand Bag Racer".
I still like the "Regazza" its got that Italian Name, like ZaZah in the last Godfather Film.... Johnny ZaZah..
Regazza.... it kinda just rolls off your tongue like a peice of meat that was less than cooked and ya can't spit out fast enough cause it would be rude to your Aunt who tried to cook it....but your Uncle pissed her off again from being too late playin Cards with his Boys!
What Ever... no one really cares as long as they get a T-Shirt...
I vote for the Regazza! You're not even Polish so whadya doin trying to do a poll ... Boy?
Doc of Italian **** For Brains :spongebob:
I am jumping on this guys Band Wagon because he did not laugh at my ProStock hood scoop. Dan, this Roadtrip guy is not politically sensitive to those of us that march to the beat of a different drum. He even tried to convince me that a red Donzi 22 was the only real choice for a real man with big you know whats. And then I made the mistake of asking him about Blackhawk drives and full hydraulic steering...
Maybe we can make 2008 the year of the fishboat and the Regazza.....
We can call it the year of the Donzi Anchovie........LOL

Don
Keeper of the Flame

Last Tango
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Classics, ZX's, Medallions, ZF's... all the usual drivvel.

This is the year of the Donzi Jet Drive!

gero1
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
i vote black hawk, they are such a nice easy to drive boat. great fun for the whole family! even cig has one of these rooster making drives on his boat

DonCig
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
i vote black hawk, they are such a nice easy to drive boat. great fun for the whole family! even cig has one of these rooster making drives on his boat
Now I am on this guys band wagon.
Here is what I would propose.
2008 - the year of the custom Donzi. Only one modification from factory build sheet gets you into the select group. This should allow everybody to join the party. Heck, a custom Coozie will get you in.
Robert, throw a piece of green Hickory in your boat and you are a shoe in!

All boats that say Donzi somewhere on them are in....................

Now how can I be more politically correct?

roadtrip se
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
So far, we have votes for an:

X-18, still and 18 Classic, joker!

Regazza with pullies! Something tells me I will get stomped some day by such a contraption.

Fishboat complete with pizza toppings. Ewww.

Jet boat. Well okay, stranger things have happened.

Blackhawk. A nice easy family-oriented day boat. Sure bring your coolers.

Kind of like herding cats. Good luck to Mr. Boldt. Seeing as I worked to barely run fourth in the pack this year,
my vote would be for the modified, run what you brung model on the t-shirts.

DonCig
08-20-2007, 10:32 PM
So far, we have votes for an:
Regazza with pullies! Something tells me I will get stomped some day by such a contraption.

My New Goal!

Trueser
08-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Unless we can get more than 2-3 Blackhawks I would say Red all the way.
Custom would be nice, I would have liked to seen some recognition for most improved/Most original/biggest rooster tail/etc.
I think we also need to include the larger boats also.
Just my 2 cents.

show-n-go h2o
08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I think we also need to include the larger boats also.
Just my 2 cents.

agreed. Z,ZX,ZR

Team Jefe
08-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Holy Crap, where do I start.:lookaroun:

First, The entire reason boats were invented was for FISHING. This speed demon, Johnny-come-lately stuff is a mere FAD:yes:

B. The ZF boat NEVER get any love at these events....NEVER :mad:

And in conclusion, The RBC loves the fish boat

So, I say it is High time a REAL MAN's boat gets a little promotion:biggrin.:

DonCig
08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Holy Crap, where do I start.:lookaroun:
First, The entire reason boats were invented was for FISHING. This speed demon, Johnny-come-lately stuff is a mere FAD:yes:
B. The ZF boat NEVER get any love at these events....NEVER :mad:
And in conclusion, The RBC loves the fish boat
So, I say it is High time a REAL MAN's boat gets a little promotion:biggrin.:

You might get a little more distance in your request if you start cleaning your boat before joining us at the events. Not everybody finds the smell of old chum as apetizing as you seem to find it.................LOL

Next thing you know, some guy with a Donzi sail boat is going to want to be the featured mark.

goatee
08-21-2007, 09:23 PM
el pescador

i dont even own a boat yet, and havent been to an AOTH since the third annual. WTF am i talking about.

but,,,it's a sweet boat,,,don's 28',,,the early days,,,,,"DAMN DONZI'S"
..and it opens the door to having "featured" boats other than the classics.

sure the classics are everybodys fav.,, but if you want to entertain the possibilities of "other" featured boats??????? you almost HAVE to go with this one.
or at least start with this one
otherwise,,,,,18....bh would have been better on it's 10 year, not 11, and 12

Team Jefe
08-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Clean it up? it gets cleaned on every trip with all that saltwater splashing all over it....what else do you want?

I can't speak for CO or KY, but Gulf Coast Girls LOVE the smeel of chum:wink:

roadtrip se
08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
as an example of the versatality these boats can truly have...

glashole
08-22-2007, 08:34 AM
i would vote yes for the windshield boat but only if it can have a wakeboard tower

goatee
08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
if you go with the 18, let it be a white shirt, with grafics like vankamp's avatar.
i'd buy it even if i dont make it there.

gero1
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
after a looooonnnnggg night of taste testing(might have been short as i can't really remember much) strawberry was by far the winner. the black hawk would be the ulimate choise for trolling because yall have to keep your lure deep plus the short drive keeps the line from getting tangled in one of those pesky xr's

Trueser
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Robert,
You need to bring yourself out with Todd to PK.

If you sissy out then send some of that Shine in your place....

roadtrip se
08-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Don't you know the law? I would like all sober particpants in this vote to know that while it may be implied that we have been shine tasting and rigging this poll, we couldn't be drinking and voting, because all of the shine is gone.

A little known fact in yankee-ville is that shine isn't produced in the summer time, because nobody wants to man the still in the heat and if the still isn't manned, she can blow. So we are out of shine, because Robert drank it all!

Mark my words, this won't happen again next warm season, as we will have supplies stashed away. I figure by August 08, I will be able to sell Gero his own strawberry flavored stuff back to him by the glass.

So vote away on this sober, not-rigged t-shirt poll and be assured that Boldt could care less about the results.

roadtrip se
08-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I vote for the year of ANYTHING else but red...

Didn't you look real hard at an ALL RED Blackhawk boat a few years back?
Wasn't that thing like RED all over? I mean REALLY, REALLY RED?

History and red envy hurts, doesn't it?

Red and proud of it!

Founding member of the red boat club.... but I did vote for the Blackhawk t-shirt.

DonziChick
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
You guys have made me laugh throughout this whole thread! I say any voting is allowed under the influence of strawberry, as long as I get some!!

My vote is for the year of the custom Donzi (I definitely have a coozie :propeller:) or a larger Z boat. We've never done that. Or it could always be the year of the Checkmate :yes: :D

Trueser
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Did you say Checkmate?

Wow a Z boat just won't fit.

Im also a Member and user of the RED club....

DonziChick
08-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Yep!

Who knows, after all of the OB problems I've been having I may sell it and get it as far away from me as possible!

roadtrip se
08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
I also own a red 16 OB in case you forgot.......

I've seen as many pictures of your RED boat, as you have seen of our blue one.

C'mon now, are you a little embarassed to admit that you actually own a very cool RED Donzi?

Madpoodle and his first time in front of the REDboat Club:

"Hi my name is MadPoodle and yes, I admit, I own a real Classic RED Donzi."

"Hi Scott, welcome to the club, why the big RED secret? We can help you accept the fact that you like RED with our twelve step program.
Here, have a little strawberry moonshine, the official RED drink of the REDboat club, to make it all better."

roadtrip se
08-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Yep!
Who knows, after all of the OB problems I've been having I may sell it and get it as far away from me as possible!

Jill is going to need someone to run with at AOTH8 and I can't think of a better partner than DC to embarrass the testosterone contingent out on the water....

C'mon Jerry, she's your daughter, let her come out on the lake and kick some butt!

DonziChick
08-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm always up for something like that :D

gero1
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
why do i all of a sudden feel very guilty and irresponsible? i am very sorry to all... gallons next year for all

boldts
08-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Just wanted to thank our partner in crime here. Thank-you Roadtrip for making our decission on which boat to honor so much easier for me.

Yes everyone, there are so many to be considered. Lets look at past history though as I like to come up with something different year to year.

2001 - I used both the ZX and Classic on our very first shirt - Wanted everyone to know they were invited no matter which Donzi model they owned.

2002 - I used a Classic red white and blue Rat Fink model that included a huge blown engine in the back of it. The theme that year was to honor the Americans who lost their lives due to the terrorist attacks on 9-11-2001. It's not always about the boats folks.

2003 - I used the 28' Donzi Sportsman race boat. No real reason. Just hadn't seen it done before. Another thing I try to do. Use a model that no other clubs have used on their shirts.

2004 - Was the year for the Criterion. To this day, I would love to own one of these model Donzis.

2005 - Was the Minx. 20' and again no one had done it to my knowledge.

2006 - My favorite and there may be a reprint of this shirt with-out the AOTH info. on it has I have had a lot of interest in this shirt as they have been seen by purchasers wearing them at events. The Don Aronow boat companys featuring a picture of Don Aronow. What a fantastic way to carry on the Legend status of this man who was one of the biggest reasons the deep V offshore racing boats of today came about. Thank-you Michael Aronow for the use of your father's image.

That brings us to this year. 2007 I used the Corsican. This boat had been featured by the Lake George Donzi Classic club before, but I used this model because of the generousity of Big Grizzly here on the Registry last year at Eufala and then again this year at AOTH. You see Randy allowed me to use his Corsican at both gatherings for the weekend. Randy has attended our gathering every year except one due to fighting cancer. He has become like a second father to me and always helped me with my Donzi boats when I had a stupid question to ask.

So, everyone. Now that you know some of my reasons and criteria for picking a model, put your minds into it and give me your thoughts. I find it interesting that someone mentioned the Doral. The 24' Donzi has been in my thoughts. It would include all the models if possible which would satisfy a model I've wanted to do for some time: El Pescador, Doral, Ragazza and one of my favs, the Spitfire. I believe their was also a model called the Spirit looked an awful lot like the Spitfire and lets not forget the Z series. The Black Widow came in a 24' size along with the 30'

Just my thoughts all. Who knows.....All I know is when I pick it, Jeff will come up with another outstanding design. I've used professional shirt designers before, but Jeff volunteered his artistic abilities and being a Donzi owner, he understands the mystic of the boats and what I'm looking for in a design. Thank-you sooooooooo much Jeff!

roadtrip se
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I started this thread, tonque in cheek, to smack around the poor and unappreciated blackhawks and boats that are not red. They never get any respect. We have had a little more fun at their expense like we always do. Of course, I am always a wide open target...

It looks like the poll is pointing towards the Blackhawk as the next feature boat. I like the idea and here is why. While the AOTH rally is a celebration of the Aronow legacy, it has morphed into a performance run too. Don would be happy with this, I think. The rally has truly become a celebration of going out and running your boat with all of it's adrenaline, blow the cob webs out and your neighbor's prop off, glory! For goodness sake, we have guys packing aviation gas these days!

The Blackhawk boats epitomize this attitude. Anybody who has ever spent any time in these boats, knows how rewarding they can be to the good driver and how badly they punish a mistake. It truly takes an accomplished driver who is a little off, to make one of these things hop.

I vote for the BHLE!

Trueser
08-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I say we run over to Roberts’s house with some red paint and strawberries.

DonziChick
08-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I second the motion! :wavey:

roadtrip se
08-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I say we run over to Roberts’s house with some red paint and strawberries.

He might get a litle hostile when you pull the paint out, so we might want to pre-mix some of the strawberry concoction.

MP, the first step to recovery is to admit that red is okay. I'm proud of you and welcome to the club. And you are right about Heidi, if the boat didn't kill you on that first jump, she would.

glashole
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
The best part about red boats is how good they look rafted at the dock or running in the middle of the pack

keep in mind there is nothing wrong with being average or being just like everyone else

like a honda civic, reliable and practical

and granted they do make nice pictures for the websites and various other background type senarios

but in all seriousness

Robert and myself and the other blackhawk owners can live with the fact that you do not want a picture of a faster, cooler boat on your next t-shirt

that you will no- doubt have to explain to your wives' mothers the next time you are taking them for a tour of the lake or the people at the dock when you are dragging the neighbour's kids around on the ski-tubes

:wink:

DonziChick
08-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Red is a great color. In fact, it's my favorite color. I just bought a red Jeep Wrangler :D (which btw, I LOVE!!)

catch 22
08-28-2007, 06:11 AM
What's wrong with a Medallion with a underdrive pulley? I LIKE PULLEY'S:hyper::hyper:

roadtrip se
08-28-2007, 08:19 AM
The best part about red boats is how good they look rafted at the dock or running in the middle of the pack
keep in mind there is nothing wrong with being average or being just like everyone else
like a honda civic, reliable and practical
and granted they do make nice pictures for the websites and various other background type senarios
but in all seriousness
Robert and myself and the other blackhawk owners can live with the fact that you do not want a picture of a faster, cooler boat on your next t-shirt
that you will no- doubt have to explain to your wives' mothers the next time you are taking them for a tour of the lake or the people at the dock when you are dragging the neighbour's kids around on the ski-tubes
:wink:

of EXACTLY what I was referencing as a "little off"... Actually, maybe a whole bunch off.

By the way, what color EXACTLY is your boat Shea? Couldn't make up your mind? Figures.

gero1
08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
mr.mp sir, i told him it was'nt kool aid but he would'nt listen. has r.t ever told any of you about me driving his boat????(i could'nt) i found red boats are the most ill handling don's eye i have ever drove, the bow never came up. what's up with that?NOTHING!! shea i love your boat, i think we should have a trolling contest, you know just put'em in gear n see who wins at idle. i need more maple beer. by the way where is bad tat???????

gero1
08-28-2007, 09:33 PM
i will say this r.t got 10mph more out of his red boat AT WILL!!! than i ever could. an all red b/h???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! well maybe i could go to the bank and be a fleet owner...and go to the dark side. NOT! if it was solid red, bottom and all with no strips. maybe

DonziChick
08-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm surprised BadTat hasn't found a blackhawk thread immediately :D

roadtrip se
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I like blue, actually I really like blue, under the engine hatch.

Gero, it was all RED.

DonCig
08-29-2007, 12:46 PM
If you were really so hooked on red, you'd have a red engine under the hatch... :eek!::cool::yes::yes:
Now there you go.............giving him something to do this winter.
Just when I think that I was going to be able to honk and pass him; you speed him up another 10 mph.
Don

roadtrip se
08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
and something tells me one of these things will show up on the scene soon enough, but the jing, the pan, and the complete re-rig are going to keep us out of that game for now. For now, that is...

But, there is no telling just how hot a color Mercury Racing Blue could possibly be for the AOTH next spring. In the words of Haver, "oh yeh, it's all stock, sure is..."

C'mon Don, you're the one buying the 22 with the dragster motor in it, scoop and all. I promise to be the guy to come pick up the pieces and drag you back to the marina after that 7200 rpm run. It will do it once, I know it will. I just want to be in the vicinity when it goes, so I can hear the popcorn fire off!

And sooner or later, I will sneak up on MP's Blue Ghost, under-pitched prop and all. Your pick, AOTH or Lake George. If I must, I'll bring the Scorpion boat to make it more of a challenge for you.

Keeper of the tow line...

Your Friendly Professional Sandbagger Patrol and Miracle Prop Tester

roadtrip se
08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
it was good for a laugh.

Mr. Boldt, do what you you may with the results.

DonCig
08-31-2007, 04:16 PM
it was good for a laugh.
Mr. Boldt, do what you you may with the results.
Hey, who is closing the polls early?

I vote for any Donzi Classic that is White with Blue Stripes.......and if it has a Blue Engine it gets best of show. Now where can I get some tricked out Mercury Blue Valve Covers for my boat?????

FISHIN SUCKS
09-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Okay, I have a funny video from this years AOTH that show's why we should NOT feature the Blackhawk. However, I can't reduce this video for it to fit in this post for everyone's entertainment. If someone thinks they can help me with this, let me know where to send it for re-formatting or whatever it takes. Be forwarned that this video features a freak-of-nature:boggled: from Tennessee or some place wearing a Blackhawk jacket and riding a motorized cooler! Yes I like Blackhawks or Blackwidows, whatever the difference is (15-20mph):boat:!

I am not a proud member of the red boat club. Oh, I LOVE THE RED BOATS, when they are someone elses. I need to get a white boat, you know, something that won't fade:biggrin.:. This waxing thing is cutting into my drinking and socializing time:yes:!

While the lowly Blackwidow will probably never make it onto the shirt, this is my unheard vote (sob):(!

boldts
09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Gotta laugh.........I'd love to see that video and hey, if I go with a 24' Donzi model shirt design, the Black Widow and a certain red one that has attended AOTH would have to be included!!!!!!! Hope your doing well Fishin

FISHIN SUCKS
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey Scott, get me your email address or tell me where to send it, I can't get this clip to attach...or is this something I can send to a moderator to reformat to get it to fit?

Hey, if a Blackwidow made the feature, I would be ecstatic! Maybe throw a 30' (like Tax Tips) and a 24' on the shirt! Alright, I'll calm down now. I don't want a bunch of 22's mad at me for pushing the issue especially after everybody was suckin' our wake after the 3rd check point of this years poker run (ha ha)! Hope you are doin' well as well, Scott. Let me know on what to do on the clip,

tom

roadtrip se
09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't want a bunch of 22's mad at me for pushing the issue especially after everybody was suckin' our wake after the 3rd check point of this years poker run (ha ha)! ,
tom

Jill and I at the fourth stop on the poker run this year.

"Here they come, here they come... there they go, there they go!"
as five hot rods blew right by us.

Tom was the first boat to show up at stop four and we can vouch for it.
This should get him at least one write in vote for the t-shirt poll, but no kissing up to the club president please!

glashole
09-13-2007, 07:20 AM
I still say the signs should be larger for those of us not paying attention

that goes double for the guy who set up the run in the first place and was navigating one of the boats

DonziChick
09-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Jill and I at the fourth stop on the poker run this year.
"Here they come, here they come... there they go, there they go!"
as five hot rods blew right by us.
Tom was the first boat to show up at stop four and we can vouch for it.
This should get him at least one write in vote for the t-shirt poll, but no kissing up to the club president please!

It's all due to my exceptional navigational skills :D :yes: :bonk:

boldts
09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
LOL I was a navigator? Do navigators sit in the back seat? Just wondering for future reference........ I thought I was jast along for the exceptional views of the lake and feeling the vibe of the horses getting their second winds. :)

Tom, yes Davids 30' Widow sure is a beauty, but yours would have to go on the shirt if we do a 24' Donzi version. Size does matter in this case. LOL

FISHIN SUCKS
09-14-2007, 01:30 AM
My teammates Elizabeth and Connie were all witnesses and can atest to the fact that there is no particular order to a poker run!

Kissin' up to the Pres, that's rich Todd! Nothing like getting some support from one of my Red-Boat club members.

I will send the clip to MP right after this post in hopes that he can work his magic and show you why a Blackhawk should not be featured. (ha ha)

Don't be bitter, Shea. Don't you have some pipes to clean???

FISHIN SUCKS
09-14-2007, 09:06 AM
"Flexible"??? What video did I send you:confused::confused:??? Should be Robert riding around on a cooler with his Blackhawk jacket, I hope!!!

Oh, and it's not as bad as it looks...it was only 11pm here last night in Los Angeles (3 hour time dif).

Thanx Scott,

tom

roadtrip se
09-14-2007, 04:27 PM
or Gero on a cooler, who is going to do the least amount of damage?
You be the judge, but I think we know it isn't going to turn out good.

And Tom, about that "other" video....

gero1
09-14-2007, 08:31 PM
i drove the fastest cooler on the dock, AND IT WAS BLACK!!!! how many of you can say that????

boldts
09-15-2007, 06:18 AM
What is everyone using to see the vid? Windows Media Player isn't liking the file. The sound using Nero though is great! LOL Oh and that other video? I can just imagine seeing how Tom is the owner of it.