PDA

View Full Version : Canvas repair in Pinellas area

florida gator
08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Had some damage to the canvas on the radar arch coming home from Stuart. Local shop cannot get to it until the end of September. I was thinking since I wwill be passing through Pinellas or Hillsborough next wee for a few days I may try to get the repair done down that way. Any suggestions?

Cuda
08-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Try Florida Boat Tops on Haines Road, just south of 54th Ave. They've done all my canvas work. They usually are busy, but you never know.

Jamesbon
08-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Brian Williams 727 455 1410. Tell him Nate sent ya...

Donzigo
08-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Tim at Florida Boat Tops on Haines Road is good and Brian is too. The problem with both, will be getting them to do it quickly. It's hard to find good canvas people; so, the goods ones stay very busy and these have high quality work. One more thing ----- if you are looking for CHEAP, please don't bother them. Neither is cheap - Excellence & Cheap don't go together.

Throw me a call if I can help. I live close to both.

Richard Aaron
727-867-7020

Cuda
08-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Tim at Florida Boat Tops on Haines Road is good and Brian is too. The problem with both, will be getting them to do it quickly. It's hard to find good canvas people; so, the goods ones stay very busy and these have high quality work. One more things ----- if you are looking for CHEAP, please don't bother them. Neither is cheap - Excellence & Cheap don't go together.
Throw me a call if I can help. I live close to both.
Richard Aaron
727-867-7020
Yep, Tim always does my work. His dad, who used to run the business, and it still always there, is one of my dad's lodge brothers. The dad and Captain Jack from Quickload Trailers, can tell you some stories of trips to the islands when they were younger. :wink:

florida gator
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys. I'll try them out. Nobody answers the phone on Saturdays I guess.

Cuda
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys. I'll try them out. Nobody answers the phone on Saturdays I guess.
Anybody that is good at what they do, have enough business Monday through Friday.

florida gator
08-23-2007, 03:11 PM
First one that called me back was Brian. He has had the boat since Tuesday and probably would have had it done if not for a slight hurdle that was beyond our control. He has done enough that I will have use of the boat tomorrow and then he will complete early next week and I will be good to go for Labor Day weekend.

I will post upon completion as to how well he did.

Thanks again for the recomendations.

Donzigo
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Brian Williams is a good man........... Throw us a call is you are boating down this way.

Richard & David Aaron
727-867-7020

florida gator
09-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Brian did a good job and I did not miss out on any boating. I had an issue that kept him from being able to complete on time so I picked the boat up at his house and used it and when I asked him if he had a carwash nearby because I wanted to get everything rinsed, cleaned and flushed before leaving it for another week he offered the use of his home water and flush kit.