PDA

View Full Version : Holman and Moody drive shaft bearings and Seals

Schnoogie
08-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Does anyone have the correct bearing and seal numbers that were used in the 1968 skis-porter?:confused:
The engine is a 289 Ford (H&M) with their drive adapter.
I just got a brand new drive shaft from H&M (Lee Holman) and some numbers that were on empty boxes in the box with the shafts, and by the way he still has two more if anyone is interested, but I'm missing the number for one of the bearings.
(Very nice to deal with)

The numbers I got so far are:
Bearing number, not sure which one
6007ZZC3-5C
Seal Numbers:
Gaco SM35627 and
CB 35-55-10

Thanks in advance.

Schnoogie
08-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Nix those numbers I can't find any of them.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mphatc
08-16-2007, 08:52 PM
This shouldn't be to difficult .. .

Take all your bearings and seals to a GOOD mechanical industrial supply house, or a quality auto / truck parts distributor, ie; NOT VIP/AutoZone type junk shops . .

bring measuring tools and a good parts man will be able to match you up with the correct fitments . .

Watch out, seals are rotation specific, so you need to know which one goes where and the direction it faces . .

bearings and seals are in most cases standardized . .

When you go to assemble this, USE a 100% syntheticv bearing grease . . Redline, Mobil One . . something expensive . . you don't want to go through this repair again.

If you really have difficulties . . I have numerous bearing and seal references and could figure this out for you . . with the parts in hand . . :(

Good Luck!
Mario L.

Schnoogie
08-27-2007, 04:35 PM
got er done!