PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic 500+ hp prop selection

VetteLT193
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
My brother has no computer access right now so I'm posting for him:

His 1987 22 Classic is getting it's new engine installed. He'll be at a very conservative 500HP.

He was around 425 hp (then he added CMI's) before, and was spinning a 25p Mirage. He was running mid 70's with the old setup.

His drive is a Bravo 1, standard X dimension.

--What props should he be looking at?
--Will any "prop people" be at Eufaula for testing?

I can tell you that his favorite prop so far with this boat was a cleaver, but he hasn't been able to find one big enough, and he hasn't had this much power yet.

BigGrizzly
08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I will be at Eufaula with props,
I have the Turbo TXP and Fusion as well as the old tried and true Turbo. I am sure we can fix him up.

VetteLT193
08-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I will be at Eufaula with props,
I have the Turbo TXP and Fusion as well as the old tried and true Turbo. I am sure we can fix him up.

Sounds great Griz... You have pricing / price range? Cash is King? :wink:

Now all I need to do is get out of on call duty that weekend and find a hotel:cool:

Barry Eller
08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I am going to try a Turbo 25" that Poodle has loaned me in the next week or so. I would love to go to Eufaula, but one of my wife's brothers is getting married in Seattle. I've never been to Seattle.

I have been running a Hydromotive 23"and a Ballistic 25" that has been worked to 26". But that was with the "old" 502. A few more electrial issues and some cooler weather I'll be testing.