PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a Monza

f_inscreenname
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM
The one and only thing I will miss about using a public ramp is every now and then something interesting pulls up.
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8896/monza9zy3.jpg

HallJ
08-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Yet another!

Jeff

f_inscreenname
08-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Prettyhttp://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/Smileys/classic/drool.gif
I have one of those up the street and its for sale but I have never seen one like that before.
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5323/65704716cp0.jpg

Lenny
08-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Sure to seem to have a Formula or Bertram bottom on 'em...

???

:)

vrod02
08-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Brownie said Kenny Elkind drew it. This is the first 24 I've seen, as well as a surface drive 19 WOW!!!!! To bad neither have the origanal glass.

tommymonza
09-17-2008, 08:01 AM
This is my dads old Monza 26 back in 73 i think .twin 165 =6 mercruisers.

tommymonza
09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
I am pretty sure that the 19 and the 26 were built in the same era and the same company owners and this is the design that kenny elkind drew.
The 24 is a copy of the Excalibur and was a model that a later Monza company owners made.

The 26 my dad had was used to make a mold off in 1980 and was sold disassembled and i don't think was ever put back together again.My dads 26 was located in Spring Lake Michigan. By chance there was a nother 26 Monza running around there by the name of Plum Crazy.It was a single engine with a Baker built motor with Stellings headers on it that was pretty rare back in the mid 70s to see on a pleasure boat.

The 26 mold my brother had made with the intentions of adding a larger model to his 19 Baron line of boats which was an all original design.He built a new deck design which was very similar to the Scarab deck.My brother closed the doors on the factory in 1980 and the 26 molds went to a guy in Holland named Jack Borsma who built them under the name Mirage and where not a real well built boat .He sold the molds to Century boats and they changed the molds after a year and put an integrated swim platform on the design.They manufactured this as the Ultra II for a couple years before they quit building them.
The 19 molds remained my brothers in storage until 83 when Kevin Hearns bought them and started Powerplay/Powerquest.

The 26 is a nice looking and riding design. Don't ever see any pics or info on the them. Lots of 24s but that is not the original company.

This was the 19 Baron that my brother designed and built.And I know it is not A Donzi and it is not Badazz i am just trying to past some info on.

chappy
09-18-2008, 07:33 AM
That last pic is money.:)

LKSD
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
That last pic is "money".:)

I guess you were watching "Swingers" with Vince Vaughn recently.. lol :D Jamie

chappy
09-19-2008, 07:14 AM
I guess you were watching "Swingers" with Vince Vaughn recently.. lol :D Jamie

Guilty as charged.:redface:

LKSD
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I figured.. lol :D :D

tommymonza
09-19-2008, 10:37 AM
I don't get it.Must be something with you Donzi guys:)

LKSD
09-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I don't get it.Must be something with you Donzi guys:)

It was in regards to a movie that was out several years ago about 2 guys going to vegas. 1 (Vice Vaughn) played a smart ass "want to be" big talker, that used jargon like "your MONEY", Your Hot, "Your Beautiful, "babe" & things of that nature. The other (played by John Farveau) a bit of a slower guy with a nice guy persona, that was calm, cool & collected and more of the quiet type. The 2 were more like a modern day Odd couple going to vegas to blow off some steam.. Kind of a funny movie to watch..

Jamie :)

tommymonza
09-19-2008, 02:44 PM
I remember that movie now.Vaughn was hilarious in it. I still haven't figured out if you guys are bustin my chops yet.

Coming on this site after having Badazz Baron shootin off his mouth is like having to go to high school 2 years after you had a loudmouth brother ahead of you.Not that i had one but my friend did .

tommymonza
09-19-2008, 09:34 PM
My brothers 19 was an original design and now that i have researched it more Ekland did not design the Monza just owned the company

Some stuff about the Baron on Speedwake if you are bored.

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57943

f_inscreenname
09-21-2008, 11:30 AM
I remember that movie now.Vaughn was hilarious in it. I still haven't figured out if you guys are bustin my chops yet.

Coming on this site after having Badazz Baron shootin off his mouth is like having to go to high school 2 years after you had a loudmouth brother ahead of you.Not that i had one but my friend did .

Stick it out bro. When I first got here there was a few misunderstandings with some of the crowd I had around me. Took a little time but folks saw me for who I am (at least I hope so) and now D.net tolerates me. :doh:

I was also on my way out yesterday afternoon at the neighborhood boat ramp when a guy (a really big guy:eek!:) started make his way over to me. He walks up and says, "this is a SuperNova19". You could have knocked me over with a feather. Most folks in my neighborhood still don't know what my boat is after I tell them. After a couple minutes I find out he is a few miles from home up here for a party and that he has been here and to my two websites looking for info on his 18' Monza he is rebuilding. Small world. I hope he posts what he's got but there is more out there. I also may have found another Nova24 but I will have to check it out first before I post it.

tommymonza
09-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Its all good.Everybody seems to be tolerant of my many post so far.Sorry if I talk about Barons all the time its just the only boat i really know about and i read so much wrong info.

I would really like to see more stuff on the old 26 Monzas too,but that info is fairly limited.

Glad you could put that old Nova ad that i had to good use. I used too have a brochure also along with a bunch of other old brochures but i am afraid somewhere along my many moves that box has disappeared.

LKSD
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM

I dont know about others, I was just teasing Chappy.. lol :) Jamie

f_inscreenname
09-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Just a FYI. I bought this today. Rode past it one to many times. Had to stop, had to ask and he had to tell me a # I had to buy it at. I've got almost everything to put it back together. It's a hell of a time to go back to work.:boggled:
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9541/17774812eh2.jpg

tommymonza
10-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Cool MONZA .Is that gel or paint ? Did he still have the windshield ? pics need more pics and info

f_inscreenname
10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
The whole boat has been painted once. I think from the factory (at least the stripe and the yellow). And then it was painted again. This time it was painted without much being taken off. Just a lot of taped up stuff. I’m in the process of removing everything and prepping the hull for paint this spring. Over the winter I will get everything else ready to go back in and after 10+ years it should be back on the water.
You want pix‘s? http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/index.php?topic=759.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEGj1g4bfFk

vrod02
10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
You will find out the Monza hull design is "better" suited for your needs than the Allmand. Not rippin just a better Hull design IHMO. I can say that as you know I have both as well.

f_inscreenname
11-30-2008, 12:36 PM
You will find out the Monza hull design is "better" suited for your needs than the Allmand. Not rippin just a better Hull design IHMO. I can say that as you know I have both as well.

I must have missed this.
I’m sorry bro but I have to respectfully, hole heartily disagree. You couldn’t build a better boat (Nova) for where I live. We have nice flat rivers but our boat ramp is just yards from the bay. Things can get nasty in what seems like seconds around here.
You have to understand that the two boats are coming from to different worlds. The Monza is built for speed. It’s a sports car. Fronts seats and rear bench seat. Get in and drive. Low to the water, much like a Donzi 18.
The Nova was built for another purpose. Remember the “4 fat asses wide” and “the wife was scared driving around in a low hulled boat from a certain other manufacturer? These are awesome features. One day I went and picked up a friend of mine for lunch (the city garage was on the water, go figure) when we left the pier it was me and “4 city workers.” These were big guys. We all fit easy enough and the boat acted no different (it was slower but not by that much). The boat gives you so much confidence you can do no wrong that when my kids got old enough to stand they wanted to drive. Anyone who get behind the wheel just wants to go. I broke a steering cable doing 45+mph. The boat went into a 90* turn in about 20’. Stopped dead in another 20’. Besides getting back to the ramp and a getting cable from Poodle (thanks again) it was all good. No one hurt, no one thrown out, no broken ribs. I have to say it did scare the crap out of me for about a second but after that it was like power sliding a car.
Then there was the time I hit a chunk piling from a pier floating around? At 30+mph I hit it and the boat goes over it like a car does a speed bump. Slam in the front! Then the ass flips up and the bow points down at such a angle it scoops up water. Dead stop again in 20 feet. Besides paint and a little prop work all was fine again. Even though it looks like a sports car it’s a family boat with a lot a safety in mind.
But againg we are both coming at this from different worlds. You are the only one that I know who has a running 19’ Monza and I’ve got the only running 19’ Nova. This spring I guess we will find out. But then again I have new plans for the Nova after the Monza is done. Having a second boat will give me all the time I need to do things like, X factor, I’ve got the out drive fix, chop the windshield, change the cockpit layout. I have so many ideas I could pee. :yes:
The motor is ready for the Monza.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WO9GZS4g8I

vrod02
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I was'nt rippin on the supernova. Just stating the hull on the Monza is better for all out SPEED performance IMHO. Heres another running Monza all original owned by a member here!:kingme:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/vrod02/royce4.jpg

vrod02
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Another one running with jet.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v146/challysupra/boat/?action=view&current=0908071949.flv

f_inscreenname
02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
That's my boat. Hummmmmm....
Thanks for posting.:)

Just Say N20
02-09-2009, 06:08 AM
I couldn't get the link to play a video. Just kept looking like it was still downloading for a L - O - N - G time. Must be a MAC thing. :nilly:

Ed Donnelly
02-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Its not a MAC thing, as it won't open up for me either, and i,m not a Mac..Ed

vrod02
02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I posted the "you tube" link and it brought this up. simple copy paste. Its in House. I hit the vid again copyed and now paste, lets see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWOzcndNWvc

chappy
02-10-2009, 07:14 AM
That did it, airin' it out nice.

tommymonza
06-06-2009, 11:13 AM
The purple Monza i mentioned in an earlier post here.I went to look at it a couple of days ago .Rough shape but has been out of the weather for 20 years,

Owner and me were very far apart in price.

Maybe someday we can come together. I really would like to have it for the uniqneess factor.

donziwannabe
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
All purple gel coat with white boot stripe and white deck. Purple gel coat stripes in deck. The Baron 190 looks a lot like the MONZA 19. Resto in progress. Volvo 270T with 383 stroker.