PDA

View Full Version : Silent Choice Exhaust

rtgogo
08-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Guys...I'm still in search of the right Donzi.
I'm looking at a classic 22 and wondered if the Silent Choice exhaust is a factory option or standard equipment.
Do I need a dual battery? Is it a "nice to have" or "need to have"? If needed, how much of a pain would it be to add to a single battery boat?
Look forward to being a proud owner soon!
Thanks!

roadtrip se
08-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Silent choice is an option from the factory. Nice to have when idling around the docks.

Dual batteries are a nice luxury too. You always have a get-me-home alternative. They also help with the weight distribution and attitude of the boat. Not a big deal to add one, should you find a boat that doesn't have it.

Good luck with your search.

LKSD
08-16-2007, 08:37 AM
The silent chioce can be added later as well.. WE have done it many times.. :) Jamie / lakeside

zelatore
08-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't let either of those two options be the deciding factor. The 2nd battery is an easy addition. The silent choice is a little more involved, but it can always be added as well. I have both on my 22, but don't consider them 'must have'. In fact, with the muffler tips on the stock exhaust, I run it thru-transom 99% of the time. It's just not very loud. Of course, my hearing isn't what it used to be between loud stereos as a kid, the firing range, and 80-90 mph wind noise in my helmet when I'm commuting... :wink:

I'd strongly suggest looking for the right hull/motor combo. Those are the two big ticket items. Other things can be changed to suite your preferences over time.