PDA

View Full Version : oil change????

fasttrucker
08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Went 50 hours in two months:propeller: changed the oil it looked really bad.Did I wait too long?:boggled:

BigGrizzly
08-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Some say it is too long some say it is fine. I do mine about the same time frame as you. I do however have a 14 quart oil pan. Now clean oil scares me, it means it is not doing its job, My oil looks bad too.

VetteLT193
08-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Went 50 hours in two months:propeller: changed the oil it looked really bad.Did I wait too long?:boggled:

is this your first oil change?

LKSD
08-15-2007, 08:14 AM
On most family boats that are recreationally used 40-60 hours I would think is about the normal change interval or seasonally (which ever comes first)..

On performance boats that are stock you could get away with that time fram as well, however it wouldnt hurt to do the change every 20-30 hrs.. On blower boats, or stuff that is run hard or for peopple who are anal like me, I usually change the oil & filter about every 15-20 hours. Or if it is getting dirty faster then I will dump it sooner.. I would rather spend the money on the oil & filter.. To me it is cheap insurance.. :)

Bill,
I dont think you wrecked anything by going to 50 hours, but I have seen your boat and You drive.. lol :D.. It wouldnt hurt you to be more aggressive on changing the oil a little more frequently .. You have a good ammount of $$ & time wrapped up in your boat... Love it with service & it will love you back.. Again it is cheap insurance.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

Donzigo
08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
50 hours is about right, IMO

undertaker
08-15-2007, 08:44 AM
On most family boats that are recreationally used 40-60 hours I would think is about the normal change interval or seasonally (which ever comes first)..
On performance boats that are stock you could get away with that time fram as well, however it wouldnt hurt to do the change every 20-30 hrs.. On blower boats, or stuff that is run hard or for peopple who are anal like me, I usually change the oil & filter about every 15-20 hours. Or if it is getting dirty faster then I will dump it sooner.. I would rather spend the money on the oil & filter.. To me it is cheap insurance.. :)
Bill,
I dont think you wrecked anything by going to 50 hours, but I have seen your boat and You drive.. lol :D.. It wouldnt hurt you to be more aggressive on changing the oil a little more frequently .. You have a good ammount of $$ & time wrapped up in your boat... Love it with service & it will love you back.. Again it is cheap insurance.. :)
Jamie / Lakeside

Jaime 15-20hrs. on your boat takes you what.......5 years or so to put on:wink::wink:....come on stop working and get that boat done......:bonk::bonk::bonk:, soory I missed your calls will try to give you a call today if things go as planned....talk to ya later:yes::yes:

Undertaker:pimp::pimp:

LKSD
08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Jaime 15-20 on your boat takes you what.......5 years or so to put on:wink::wink:....come on stop working and get that boat done......:bonk::bonk::bonk:, soory I missed your calls will try to give you a call today if things go as planned....talk to ya later:yes::yes:
Undertaker:pimp::pimp:

Funny.. lol :D

I am almost ready to tackle mine.. Only 3 projects left to finish before I can slip mine in the mix.. :) :) :) Then I can hopefully enjoy it a bit before staring my fall / winter work & projects..

I already have my new new years resolution for this coming year.. Make more time for me..lol. ;)
Jamie / Lakeside

glashole
08-15-2007, 12:02 PM
oil change in boat = drinking beer in the driveway/garage

therefore i do mine every 15-20 hrs

or when its raining

or when i need to be out of the house

undertaker
08-15-2007, 01:02 PM
oil change in boat = drinking beer in the driveway/garage
therefore i do mine every 15-20 hrs
or when its raining
or when i need to be out of the house

:):biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.::biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
08-16-2007, 06:50 AM
:smash:Well...since I actually started doing some minor maintenance on my own boat, I do a change about every 10 to 15 or between or before Major Events. Its only about $40 or so on average and it gives me a chance to hunt around for other things to spend money on for the Donzi!

Why this year I even changed a hose ... what is this world coming to....? :spongebob:

I need to increase my Meds and start drinking more so I can afford to pay someone again to do all my work...it's soo much easier.... than having worry about breaking a nail or chipping a tooth while I unscrew an anodized Fitzer Valve! :beer:

"Now clean these windows....there is filth and muck on them.... man I love the shape of that wing!

I am gonna need some Gauze Pads and some 3 in 1 Oil...." ...Come On...it's all Ball Bearings now?"

Doc of Fletch :wavey:

"Hey Do You Have A Towel I Can Borrow, I Just Hit A Water Buffalo and I could use it to ..."

undertaker
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Doc thanks for making my morning....:):):) damn that was a funny post:yes::yes:

fasttrucker
08-19-2007, 01:09 PM
is this your first oil change?
This was the second oil change this season.The first was about 30hours/I put in new cam and alum.heads.