PDA

View Full Version : What's the easiest rout to Sarasota from I-95?

RickyR
08-13-2007, 08:16 PM
That's route....
For starters, we are coming down I-95 north of Jax. Two years ago we went to the Donzi Rally, and went what seems the long way down. I think we went thru Starke or some other speedtrap town. On the way back we took I-4 thru Orlando.
The trip home seemed longer mileage wise, but no where near the podunk towns, and stop lights. No offense, but I don't need to be sightseeing this year.

Who does what?
Thanks, Ricky

Cuda
08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
No doubt about it, I-95 to I-4 to I-75 is the fastest way, provided you don't hit the Orlando traffic. Trust me, I've made the trip from St Pete to Jax more times than I care to remember, and I've tried every route.

BUIZILLA
08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
speedtrap town was probably Waldo.... that should be on 301... from 95 South to 10 West to 301 South to 75 South to 'Sota...

or 95 South to I-4 West to 75 South to 'Sota

RickyR
08-13-2007, 08:28 PM
No doubt about it, I-95 to I-4 to I-75 is the fastest way, provided you don't hit the Orlando traffic. Trust me, I've made the trip from St Pete to Jax more times than I care to remember, and I've tried every route.

Thanks Cuda,
Matter of fact, I think we were riding behind you headed home 2 years ago. Don't/didn't you have a white pickup?

Ricky

Lenny
08-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Who does what?
Thanks, Ricky

Well, if you're me, you get a Fast Cat off the Island (similar to Key West Cats) run the ocean for 2 hours to Seattle, get there at 7:30pm, then get drunk, and a taxi to Seatac (Seattle Airport), take off for Sarasota at 11pm and after the three hour time change, get there after a stop in Houston at 10am on the Friday. Then Party for three days, then grab an early flight out of Sarasota/Bradenton on the Monday, a Cessna to Houston, then a 767 to Seattle. Arrive in Seattle at about noon on the Monday, then take a cab to Lake Union (Washington) board a seaplane and fly to Port Angeles, then land in the Ocean Bay, walk to the Ferry Terminal and grab a 1958 vessel and cross the strait again and be home by 5pm :D

Now, if the luggage is delayed or even the tinest glitch presents itself, it could be another couple days :D

That's how I do it... ;)

Cuda
08-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks Cuda,
Matter of fact, I think we were riding behind you headed home 2 years ago. Don't/didn't you have a white pickup?
Ricky
Yep. Was I towing anything?

Cuda
08-14-2007, 12:59 AM
I stayed at my parents' all weekend. We came back I-4, but they have been closing lanes at night in Orlando for road work, so we got off on toll road 429, which they just completed from I-4 to 441. We wind around near Mt Dora, and get on Hwy 44, which runs right to my house. I still go I-4 to exit 114, if I'm pretty sure that I won't get caught up in Orlando traffic. I have to go to Kissimmee tomorrow, but I'm waiting until after 9am, so I can go I-4. If I have to go between 7 and 9 am, I go the back way, taking 429.

Lenny
08-14-2007, 01:50 AM
I have to go to Kissimmee tomorrow

Say hi to the natives and the air boats from me and Deneen.

See if Clyde Butcher has any cheap stuff... :) if you're going the BACK way...

:D

gcarter
08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
If you hear about any problem in Orlando and I-4, take FL-44 in DeLand, wave at Cuda as you go by his house, take 44 all the way to I-75 and go South. If you have time for lunch, stop in at my shop in Leesburg and look at the new project.