PDA

View Full Version : ah crap.....

DonziFreak
08-11-2007, 08:58 PM
ok, i had problems with the starter today, and i pulled it and replaced it, so i finaly got into the water at about 1:30 today, but right after i came out of dinner key and started heading towards marine stadium, i lost my dashboard, everything went down in this order, voltmeter, oil pressure gauge, tach, then speedo and water temp......the only thing working properly was the vacum gauge, but its mechanical...and then to top it off, i started taking on water thru what i think is the bellhouse boot?

anyways, heres my question, is there a certain way the wires should go onto the solenoid? im asking that because on our race boat, it really does'nt matter (besides the the positive lead and grounding)...and where can i get a replacment to the rubber boot between the drive and the transom that keeps water from coming in and away from the shaft? (its a volvo 270)

thanks in advance,
Carlos

DonziFreak
10-06-2007, 01:19 PM
ok guys, race season is over and its time for me to get my hands dirty working on the ol' donzi....

i pulled the drive and replaced the boot, and put everything back together there, but i havn't started on the dashboard issue yet........

so, does anyone have any advice as to what i may have done wrong?

Thanks!,
Carlos