PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, nothing beats the feeling of...

Lenny
08-11-2007, 07:02 PM
spending a day in the middle of nowhere, after driving (a 12' aluminum boat or whatever) for about 3 hours in the Ocean to get to "nowhere", and spending the day jigging and crabbing and watching seals play, a whale or 10 if you're lucky, and just the general shorline life that happens 24/7 but being a part of it.

I bought a 12' aluminum the other day, Merc 9.9, trailer etc, and I can honestly say, that this is fun and it takes me back to when I had pretty much the same thing and was seven.

It never bores me. It has not changed. Only the weather and the advent of the 4 stroke.

This is what I needed.

Gunkholing on a Saturday, lost in the Pacific, alone but with "friends" .

I have truly missed doing this. Glad I went back.

Now, back to the 500 HP thing :D but with an available "Happy" diversion.

Sorry folks, had to vent. This was too much fun. Headaches from 2 stroke smoke, trolling, 50:1 mixing, all but flipping, bow steering, bailing it out, wet feet, no bumpers....

Loved it... :)

penbroke
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I hear ya. Mine was a 14' with a 6hp air cooled Arrow and I was 8. I still have the boat and use one of the original wood oars as a paddle in the Donzi. I still head out to nowhere a couple times a year to re-connect...

Frank

yeller
08-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Good to see you actually made it on the water this year. Any day on the water in any boat is just....well....perfect. :yes: :yes:

Now, about your progess on the other boats................

Lenny
08-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Now, about your progess on the other boats................

Pics to follow,... SOON ;)