PDA

View Full Version : Some neat looking tips......

gcarter
08-09-2007, 05:50 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOAT-EXHAUST-TIPS-4-marine-exhaust-parts-mufflers_W0QQitemZ320145268320QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item320145268320
I've seen these in pictures, but I've never seen any for sale.
I think they look great!!!!
I hope someone here takes advantage of them.

mrfixxall
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
i seen those their back in june,,their from a miriah,,,they go on the rear corners of the swim platform..

VetteLT193
08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
They remind me of B&B Tri-Flo tips from a Corvette:)

Speaking of exhaust tips, does anyone make them with the mount on the inside?

Meaning, instead of having the trim ring that you put the screws through on the outside of the pipe, is there one available that has a larger diameter pipe and the mounting on the inside?

Cuda
08-10-2007, 07:32 PM
They remind me of B&B Tri-Flo tips from a Corvette:)
Speaking of exhaust tips, does anyone make them with the mount on the inside?
Meaning, instead of having the trim ring that you put the screws through on the outside of the pipe, is there one available that has a larger diameter pipe and the mounting on the inside?
I doubt it. I think the whole purpose of the trim ring on the outside is to cover the cut out for the tips.

MOP
08-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I have seen a few in the past where the riser tails were quite long and came through the transom with a trim ring and a rubber gasket.

VetteLT193
08-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Cuda: I'd like the same outside diameter, so it will cover everything it does now. On the inside of the pipe it would have the standard 3" through the hull.
Basically, the tip that shows on the outside would be welded to the outside of the trim ring, instead of the trim ring being welded to the pipe.
Here is a crude drawing, as a 'side' view....
-------

|____________

|

-------
---- = Polished tips
| = trim ring
____ = inside pipe, to engine